!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Colworth Hill : The Next Generation  (Read 4112 times)

Offline cjdodd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Owner of Colworth Hill and Billybrook Yard
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Colworth Hill : The Next Generation
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
Well its been a while so i thought i'd give you a little update, progress has been slow

1. Because its been very cold in the loft
2. I'm very lazy

But there have been a few little bits and bobs going on, not so much on the layout but with things to go on it. A few months ago i picked up and Elegoo Mars 3D Resin printer.

So of course I've just gone crazy and I've been printing everything under the sun. But thankfully most of the things I've done have been N Scale. The first things i tried were some pallets, traffic cones, wheelie bins and some pallet trucks

They turned out really well, so i went onto something a bit bigger

Tonights addition was some security fencing, its 0.5mm thick so even when cured it can still be bent and flexed if needed

I've also decided that Colworth Hill was getting a little cramped so the people needed somewhere bigger to live so I've been slowing collect half built houses for a new housing estate being built. I've got 2 more to make up then i think that will do. I've 3D printed cement mixers and diggers etc.. for the construction site.

And then last but not least who can resist a good January sale, a little trip to my local model shop (Model Railways Direct) and i came away with this little addition

So there we are, thats whats been doing on, hopefully it will start to warm up a bit now and some of the scenery might get finished and the last platforms might even go in.

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 08:47:08 AM »
Looks like a fun new piece of kit!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Offline cjdodd

• Owner of Colworth Hill and Billybrook Yard
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »
The new building site is taking shape. I have the joys of a few days off so i thought i'd be productive and instead of tiling the kitchen i'd do a bit of modeling instead ..... priorities.

There are more vehicles and people etc.... to add on but i'm happy i with the way its turning out. Skips, cones, excavator all 3D printed.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal