!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Arnold Rapido Turntable  (Read 532 times)

Offline Calyw

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Arnold Rapido Turntable
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »
I'm in the process of rebuilding an Arnold Rapido N gauge turntable.  So far I've got it to work (Go round and round) but I am missing some of the tiny L shaped contacts that go around the edge of the turntable and connect the bridge to the electrical supply.  I know that Arnold sold extension kits with which to add extra tracks to the turntable but I don't know the part number.  I'm desperately looking for these contacts which are contained in those kits.  I'm happy to buy the complete kits or just the contacts if anyone has any of them.
Bill

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Arnold Rapido Turntable
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
Service sheet with parts list is here
http://www.arnold-ersatzteile.de/mediapool/60/605716/data/Eigene_Dateien_3/6381_elektrische_Drehscheibe.pdf

I think the part numbers you want are 0851-5 and 0851-6?

Some of the spare parts on ebay:

https://www.ebay.at/sch/Ersatzteile/180254/i.html?_sop=10&_nkw=arnold+drehscheibe

full extension kits (6383)  on ebay:
https://www.ebay.at/b/Arnold-Modellbahnen-der-Spur-N-als-Drehscheibe-Gleismaterialien-fur/69813/bn_82959527

... if you search ebay.co.uk for Arnold 6383 you get the above results (and others) in GBP

You might be able to make your own replacement contacts if you can find some phosphor bronze strip of the right sort of width? 

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:34:48 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »
This has nothing really to do with the OP, but the reply from ntp just goes to show how informative this forum is and how helpful the majority of members are  :thumbsup::thankyousign: ntp.
Most of what I have learnt about this hobby of ours over the last couple of years has come from the members on the forum.  :thankyousign: to all - and no, I have not touched a drop tonight.  :)

Forgot to say, welcome to the forum Calyw.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:04:44 PM by dannyboy »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
I did own battered old parts of one of these a while back, but only because a friend bought a box of bits just to get hold of some of those extension pieces for his own turntable!   Not sure what I've done with it, probably in a biscuit tin at the back of a cupboard somewhere if I haven't junked it in the mean time.

I have a Fleischmann turntable on my current depot project, along with an old Brawa traverser.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Calyw

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 10:09:44 PM »
Service sheet with parts list is here
http://www.arnold-ersatzteile.de/mediapool/60/605716/data/Eigene_Dateien_3/6381_elektrische_Drehscheibe.pdf

I think the part numbers you want are 0851-5 and 0851-6?

Some of the spare parts on ebay:

https://www.ebay.at/sch/Ersatzteile/180254/i.html?_sop=10&_nkw=arnold+drehscheibe

full extension kits (6383)  on ebay:
https://www.ebay.at/b/Arnold-Modellbahnen-der-Spur-N-als-Drehscheibe-Gleismaterialien-fur/69813/bn_82959527

... if you search ebay.co.uk for Arnold 6383 you get the above results (and others) in GBP

You might be able to make your own replacement contacts if you can find some phosphor bronze strip of the right sort of width?

Offline Calyw

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 10:13:52 PM »
To ntpntpntp.
Many thanks for your marvellous reply. I went on thew site you indicated and I have acquired one set and am negotiating for 3 more.
I have been looking everywhere for these items but, not knowing the part number, I wasn't having any success.
Once again many many thanks.

Offline Calyw

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:13 PM »
I tried making my own out of brass strip and steel strip but it wasn't very successful.  My eyesight and finger dexterity are not as good as they were when I was younger.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »
Glad I was able to help. 

I have a soft spot for Arnold stuff, I remember my first Arnold catalogue in the mid 70s blew me away, and it wasn't long afterward that I left British N behind and went European.  I'm still running Arnold models made in the 60s and 70s today!

Nick

Offline Calyw

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
I know what you mean, I am running several kit built British outline locos on Arnold chassis and they've been going strong since the 1970s despite several periods of being stored away.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £337.00
Above Goal: £282.00
Site Currency: GBP
613% 
December Donations

Advertise Here