!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: "Gold Hill" - A micro-layout..... In a bread bin!  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: "Gold Hill" - A micro-layout..... In a bread bin!
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2019, 09:36:36 AM »
Strewth!
I thought getting the numbers off the AL electrics running through Bletchley was bad enough but I stood no chance with my ageing eyesight this time! :thumbsup:

Offline Pjlons83

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »
Strewth!
.......I stood no chance with my ageing eyesight this time! :thumbsup:

;D Any slower and it gets stuck at the crossing. Hopefully it will improve with some more tweaking.
Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline Pjlons83

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
I’m at the point now where the progress is not always noticeable so not much worthy of an update. I’ve taken a few pictures to show what I’ve been up to over the last week or so;

Wiring has started. I’m waiting on a Plug and socket for the controller but the power feed is in. In the end I decided it was much easier (and cheaper/more practical) to go with mains power. Everything will be fixed to the baseboard so that the body of the bread bin can always be removed. The picture here shows the power socket and the micro switch that will turn the lights on and also allow power to the track. A “master switch” if you like. The L bracket on the sliding lid in the background is what will activate the switch so it will only work when the lid is fully open.

I’ve also been working on a few small bits and pieces to populate the yard to add interest. I found a ratio tank kit ready built in the local model shop for a couple of quid so I picked it up and have bashed it a bit to make it smaller. The grey base in the background here is the original size which was much too big for the small yard;

They fit much better now in the little space that will be visible through the side of the main factory. Here you can see them along with some cable drums and barrels beside the shed. I don’t like the colour of the barrels but I like the idea.

I have a couple of ideas for little cameo scenes so that’s what I’ll be playing with over the next couple of weeks before fixing the buildings in place and finishing the wiring.

Thanks for looking. As ever, any thoughts or ideas are very welcome.  :NGF:
Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:23 PM »
Looking good.
 :claphappy:
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP