!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 260374 times)

Offline Nbodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #3645 on: July 06, 2020, 07:53:05 AM »
The river bed is really taking shape, the change with the second coat has made a big difference and I do like the outlet flow.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the finished river

Stay safe

Mike H  8)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3646 on: July 06, 2020, 09:33:02 AM »
Your terraforming skills are way above mine, Andrew, but are providing me with some great ideas.
 :thankyousign:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #3647 on: Yesterday at 06:49:32 AM »
Thanks folks .... I don't know if skill is the right word Mick.... but I'm taking it!   :thumbsup:

A case of before & after here, have started to flock the river in the lower stretches, now that the water has dried

there are a few patches that are bare, but I am ok with that, will be coming back over it with additional grass + static grass.

the final legs are going in on the viaduct, had to improvise with what was lying around to make sure they dried relatively straight

While I had the brush out, doing the highlights on the river, I did a bit of the same at the dam, hard to see in this pic, but at the bottom of the ovverflows there is a bit of build up and on the surface of the outfall ... where is Austin Spindler when you need him to take an aerial photo!

So ... after a lot of prevarication and doubt ... here is the viaduct in it's almost completed state... just need to fill some gaps at the pier/deck interface .... but I hope the bulk of this build is behind me now!  The river bed has also had a few further applications of paint

You may recall the set of 3D wagons that Mike @maridunian produced that I was painting up .. .well they now have transfers applied ... and are just awaiting access to the carriage & wagon works to get fitted up with chassis's .... they are seen here hiding behind the pickle works buildings that will appear on the box file thread I started.... (the T gauge circuit was a xmas present last year)

The other bank gets a dollop of flock

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal