!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: peco concrete points  (Read 1304 times)

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: No mor
    • Ebay
    • Awards
peco concrete points
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »
Just so everybody is aware -myself and mainline had a long chat with the peco men at warley in november trying to find out why our magazine is always later than the shops ?-One of the things I did ask was -do peco intend to do a code 55 / 80 concrete sleeperd point in the near future -answer from them NO !!!!!! According to peco -the OO gauge points are not selling well at all -and as n gauge sales are a mere 5% of there turnover it wont be happening at all !! Hey ho for the guys that wanted to be really upto date-start making your own ! Just thought id pass that nugget on ! :NGaugersRule:
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Offline Jools

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: peco concrete points
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
while i'm sure this is disappointing news for a lot of folk, Given I've just finished gluing down a new layout I must say I'm glad... if I had read this and found out that i could have waited waited a couple of months and gotten "off the shelf" concrete points to go with my concrete track i'd have been in a sour mood for ages!  >:(

then again as it stands i was originally modelling 99-09 but I've decided to go extend that by ten years and do 89-09 to give a lot more variety of rolling stock so I think wooden sleeper-erd points will be quite alright  :D

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
Re: peco concrete points
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
If you paint the sleepers concrete colour then in N most people won't notice the difference. And for really modern you can paint various bits of the sides of the rails white and stick mock bright silver motor bits on and fool everyone.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here