!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sutton St Annes - Provincial North-West Lancs - 1990-1995  (Read 17114 times)

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: Sutton St Annes - Provincial North-West Lancs - 1990-1995
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:52 PM »
Good evening all.

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I have been dealing with an on going family matter over the past couple of months which has led to me being signed off work on ill health grounds for a short while. Well, the matter in question has been going on for nearly 2 years, but I won't go into it to much. Some of my close modeller friends know the score, so that's all I will say.

Anyway, we are now firmly into the summer holidays, so my wife, daughter and I have been taking full advantage of the lovely weather with lots of day trips, park and farm visits and a holiday up on the coast of Northumberland. No abroad holiday for us this year, as sadly I lost my brother in February who lived in Tasmania, so I had to fly out to say my final goodbyes rather quick :'(

On a happier note I hope you all enjoyed reading about Sutton St. Annes in this months Model Rail? I'm not one to blow my own horn, but the photos have really blown me away! A massive thank you goes to Chris Nevard for the photography, Chris Gadsby for the write up and all at the Model Rail team. I remember buying issue No.1 back in 1997, I never thought I would ever get the chance to showcase my layout in MR, or any magazine to be fair.

I can now upload all the photos that Chris took, as some where not included in the article. I shall get round to uploading these soon.

Don't forget that we are at The International N Gauge Show, Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September. If you can make it, then please pop by and say hello.

And finally in other news, I'm building a new layout!!  :claphappy:

Ainsley CMD depicts a small central materials depot somewhere in the midlands. The yard is rather thriving handling track panels, concrete sleepers and other small materials for track renewals in the local area. It's just an excuse to run the new Revolution Tench wagon once released :smiley-laughing: Inspiration came from this photo

Northampton Far Cotton Yard - Bridge Street by Railpics UK, on Flickr

Boards have been built and painted, track laid, electrics complete (DCC operated servo point motors on this bad boy) Yes, DCC! I'm dipping my toes in. Concrete pad laid also main details are slowly being made and added. So it basically just leaves the scenics to be started on. Oh and a Vollmer overhead crane will also feature.   

Layout details are as follows;

2mm N Gauge micro layout
Currently WIP, but will be exhibited
Layout size: 6' x 8" (4' scenic)
Control: DCC
Track: Peco code 55
Era: Mid 90s

Ainsley CMD will debut at the NGSE show in April 2020. I'd best get a move on... Keep your eyes peeled for the new thread.

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Ainsley CMD - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=46246.msg584542#msg584542

Next exhibition for SSA - TINGS - Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2019, 11:37:44 PM »
 :wonderfulmodelling:

Looking forward to the development of Ainsley CMD. If it turns out half as good as Sutton St Annes it'll be a belter. :thumbsup:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2019, 06:18:38 AM »
Anthony sorry to hear of family issues and your brother. Thanks for the new layout update, hope to see that on the exhibition circuit and indeed on this forum. Lot of memories ssa. . Take it your keeping it? Cool. .

Offline Ensign Elliott

• N Gauge Society Number: 27962
    • Lace Wars
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2019, 02:09:59 PM »
Excellent layout!

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
I really enjoyed the updates and the traverser looks very cool!

Enjoy TINGS. Sorry I can't be with you to see the layout again (it's my wedding anniversary that weekend, so we'll be away). Do keep up the updates when you get time, and the MR extra photos. The photos in your last post are excellent, really beautifully shot, you have to take a double take - looks SO real.

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »
Good evening all.

As I have wrote on the TINGS thread (sorry I'm a little behind with updates on this here thread)

All I can say is thank god for the NGF, YouTube and Facebook! From the get go at 10am I didn't get the leave the layout until around 14.30 and that was basically for a toilet break and some grub! It's been such a busy day with non stop operating and chatting. Was certainly a joyful atmosphere, which makes a change at shows these days... Also it's been an absolute pleasure to meet so many of you from here, but I must apologise if I came across a little rude at times when trying to talk, but I had to keep the trains moving for punters. Sadly I cannot multitask :smiley-laughing: The joys of a one man band :doh:

I hope you all had a wonderful day and got what you wanted, whether it be bargains, or new releases.

Thank you one and all who came and said hello at Sutton St Annes - I hope you all enjoyed it.

Heres to day 2...

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Ainsley CMD - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=46246.msg584542#msg584542

Next exhibition for SSA - TINGS - Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2019, 06:47:47 AM »
I'll look out for you tomorrow.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Ensign Elliott

• N Gauge Society Number: 27962
    • Lace Wars
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »
Was great to meet you on Saturday and see Sutton St Annes - thanks for the tips on improving class 47 running!

Offline shanks522

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2019, 08:27:39 PM »
Really nice have a chat with you on Sunday Anthony, layout looked excellent and very inspirational for my next project!

Graham.

Offline gavin_t

• Awards
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Finally got round to reading my copy of Model rail I bought a while back. The issue highlighted that there was a thread on here for the layout so I thought I would check it out!

Congratulations on the layout, got to be one of my favourites if not favourite.

Did you do the ballasting and weathering of the track yourself? As I think it looks superb. I am also using peco code 80 track on my layout of a similar UK era and feel that it all looks a bit too grey. Where as yours has a nice array of colour and a hint of brown to it. Is that due to the colour of the ballast or is it weathering on top?

Thanks

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
Was brilliant to see this layout in the flesh at TINGS, I was there on the Saturday, but you were deep in conversation with a couple of lads from Wales who were trying to interest you in exhibiting down there, so I didn't disturb you.  Fab layout though and look forward to seeing your next one emerge

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything