!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Talgo trains.  (Read 1078 times)

Offline biela49

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Talgo trains.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
DM Toys has a sale on Minitrix DB Talgo 4&3 car sets

Just a typing miss. Is 6+3. Nevertheless 9 cars is not too long. My son has got 12 cars. You can watch this DB Talgo running on his layout (four years ago, when he was starting to build it up) in the attached video. (From minute 1,01)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:14:48 PM by biela49 »

Offline RicardoFig

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »
Last time that they were on sale, i could get mine for much less on DM Toys eBay auctions.  ;)

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 12:00:24 AM »
The original Talgo was 'standard gauge' (ie 1435mm) and ran in Spain on the standard gauge Langreo Railway until the 1980s.

True, after RENFE dismiss it when Talgo III arrival, it was sold to the Langeo Railway, in Asturias. It was necessary to change the gauge, as the Langreo Railway was 1 meter gauge.

Today it is preserved with its original gauge of 1435 mm. in Madrid's Railway Museum, located in the old Delicias Station.

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 12:11:38 AM »
For those that have found this in my Youtube channel.

TalgoIII as it ran daily by the Mediterranean line hauled by an electric 250 series locomotive. Note that between the lok and the TalgoIII there's a Manso, necessary generator van to power the train.

Offline Globi

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:14 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the Talgo history! I remember first seeing a Talgo train parked in Zurich main station in about 1994 when I was very young and I was fascinated by how different it looked, I had never been aware of them previously.

Matt

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 12:38:45 AM »
The original Talgo was 'standard gauge' (ie 1435mm) and ran in Spain on the standard gauge Langreo Railway until the 1980s.

True, after RENFE dismiss it when Talgo III arrival, it was sold to the Langeo Railway, in Asturias. It was necessary to change the gauge, as the Langreo Railway was 1 meter gauge.

Today it is preserved with its original gauge of 1435 mm. in Madrid's Railway Museum, located in the old Delicias Station.

No, I was talking about the Talgo built for the New Haven railroad in the USA which, like the Langreo railway was 1435mm ('standard') gauge not Iberian gauge. This Talgo never touched Renfe. It couldn't be use on the Langreo after the line was re-gauged in 1983 to metre gauge to conform with all other FEVE lines
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 01:34:20 AM »
DM Toys has a sale on Minitrix DB Talgo 6 & 3 car sets

https://www.en.dm-toys.de/newsletter.211/items/newslettere432.html

Must be an annual thing, there are some on sale again right now.

One fell into the shopping basket, as I used to live in Berlin opposite from the headshunt of the carriage works where they were maintained.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »
I would like to introduce my Catalan Talgo, that I run both with Spanish or French engines. This model is the Talgo III RD, first train with capability of adapt the gauge from Iberian (1664 mm.) to standard (1435 mm.), and . It was designed to allow the traffic between Barcelona (Spain) and Geneva (Switzerland) crossing south-east France, without the need to leave the train when changing the gauge. It began his history as the first, and only, Spanish TEE. The main external difference with the standard Talgo III was the square door windows instead of the circular ones, and that the Talgo III RD didn't have end cars, but only vans.

The old Ibertren made a model of this train, quite well reproduced. The basic set of 6 cars and 2 vans included 1st and 2nd class cars, and the vans wore the lettering TRANS EUROP EXPRESS, but in yellow while it should be in white. Another miss was that the TEE was trains with just 1st class cars.

I have fixed the miss of the yellow lettering and joint only 1st class cars to set up my Catalan Talgo. Take a look at it pulled by a SNCF BB67000, as it was common to see in non electrified french tracks.

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 12:43:06 AM »
I would like to introduce my Catalan Talgo

The old Ibertren made a model of this train, quite well reproduced.

Take a look at it pulled by a SNCF BB67000, as it was common to see in non electrified french tracks.

I have two of the Ibertren sets - they are great models - especially as they were very good value. Because of the articulated design, it is easy to make a longer train combining more than one of the Ibertren sets. I've never felt the need have anyone else's Talgo , nor to change the lettering as I can live with it.

I've know the Catalan Talgo all my life due to my family connections with Geneva.

Remember also that it eventually ceased to be a TEE and became two class EC

Specifically the Catalan - Talgo was hauled by SNCF diesels as follows:

Cerbère - Narbonne early 1970s until electrification: BB67400

Valence - Grenoble - Genève: 67300 or 67400 . However the routing was changed a few times so it didn't always run vie the non electrified Grenoble route

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:44:44 AM by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline biela49

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »
Today I would like to share some images of the Catalan Talgo as it could be seen during his trip from Barcelona to the french border, sometimes hauled by an electric class 276 in special Talgo livery and a diesel class 353.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything