!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Walthers Co-op storage shed extras  (Read 139 times)

Offline mr magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20060
    • Awards
Walthers Co-op storage shed extras
« on: March 09, 2020, 10:35:29 PM »
Hmm. Hope you are all well! Fingers crossed. Thanks for the interesting posts over the last little while.

Meantime I have picked up the threads of railroad modelling again and put together the Walthers plastic shed as per thread title.

I do have a lot of bits left!  The leftovers seem to not quite be something else but rather bits of various other things, certainly not mentioned in the kit description. Anyone know if this just a manufacturing quirk? I can imagine its maybe economic to just have a bunch of multi use sprues and just group them according to the particular kit. But it means I shall have toget the plasticard out and turn them into somethings.

Ill rotate the photo when I can remember how!

Thanks in advance

Donald 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:37:16 PM by mr magnolia, Reason: Sp »

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
Re: Walthers Co-op storage shed extras
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 04:22:54 PM »
Hi Donald, It does look like your kit includes components for the Grain Elevator? Is the part number of your kit 933-3230 or 933-3238. If your kit number is 933-3238 you've purchased the Grain Elevator which includes the storage shed. If your kit number is 933-3230, then you've indeed purchased the Co-Operative Storage building. My only guess is the two kits must share common parts or someone at the factory was having a bad day and you've received a few bonus items  :D  I don't think I've ever run into this with the Walthers kits I've purchased. As Arte Johnson would say "Very Interesting".   
Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline mr magnolia

• N Gauge Society Number: 20060
    • Awards
Re: Walthers Co-op storage shed extras
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 11:18:35 PM »
Rich

I keep meaning to check the box to answer your question there but various things have stopped me getting to do that - and at the minute its cold wet and raining at 11pm so I'm not venturing out to check just now.

The kit that was purchased was most certainly boxed as the CoOp storage building.  It had to be put on back order at my local model shop and it took months to arrive into Scotland.  Maybe its a bonus pack!

Either way, your mention of a grain elevator gives me pause for thought.  I should try and create something from these parts for sure.

thanks

Donald

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal