!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Street and Platform Lighting  (Read 329 times)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Street and Platform Lighting
« on: May 31, 2018, 01:01:25 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any bright (excuse pun) ideas re street and platform lights.
I donít want working ones. Iíve used them before - wire them up, oh yes they work and look ok then never switch them on again. Been there, done it and got the T Shirt. Thatís just me.
Ive seen the usual peco, PD Marsh and Langley ones plus the peedie ones.
Anyone know of anything a bit different?
Thanks.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
Re: Street and Platform Lighting
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
There are loads of cheap n gauge street lights on eBay, all working ones, but very cheap. Just plant them but donít wire them up.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »
I used graham avis street lights - or at least very similar ones. I can't remember where I bought them. I have some large and some small ones.

Tim

Offline PaulinSouthMidlands

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
I would have to disagree. Done correctly, working lamps are a real asset. The problem is all too often there are too many and the light glares at you, instead of facing downwards, often due to use of bowl LEDs and grain of wheat bulbs.

I use Langley SR lights and Eckon yard lights fitted with warm white surface mounted LEDs. These, if angled down have no direct light visible. They are controlled t
hrough a spare 12v controller output which means I can dim them to realistic levels or have them at full brightness to illuminate the layout. With them switched off the layout is far duller.

Photos here.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1713798718717013&id=1427507090679512&locale2=en_GB&__tn__=C-R

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £287.00
Above Goal: £232.00
Site Currency: GBP
522% 
December Donations

Advertise Here