!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tiree  (Read 7634 times)

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Tiree
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »
Today board 6 was started,  a 1200mm by 600mm piece of extruded polystyrene was cut,  timber inserts glued into the corners and the 10in back scene board glued on the back.  It's all now sitting weighted down to set for the week till I can continue.

meanwhile the kilt is hanging on the door,  ready to be put on for a party tonight..

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Tiree
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2019, 10:41:23 PM »
 :sorrysign: I did take the gadget down to take some pictures,  but by the time I had glued some fencing in place and propped that up.   Then fitted the first platform glued that in place and weighed it down.  You couldn't see much of what I'd been doing.

Addition to that I repaired one of the inserts  that hide the hinges. Then made an alteration to board two,  so it looks like when they built the station a  road was diverted.

I did then just give a wash coat of grey over the, rock face repairs,  the  fencing and the ex road. Also a wash coat of green on what will be some grass areas left over green was used on some large rock areas just to give some contrast in the grey,

I reckon I've got another two or three evenings left to do on board 2 until the scenics are finished
One thing I've forgotten  to fit was a cattle grid,  very common they are in the highlands. I've not seen an N gauge model of one,  so I need to look at some pictures and work out how to model it.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything