!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wrenton  (Read 84014 times)

Dr Al, CliveB and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Red & white Trafalgar Square
    • Awards
Re: Wrenton
« Reply #1620 on: April 09, 2019, 10:30:55 PM »
Thanks Roger.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #1621 on: April 10, 2019, 01:07:32 AM »
With the camera still on the boom it seems appropriate that Bittern puts in an appearance.

There's no limit to the interests in this photo, but I suppose there's always one thing the eye keeps returning to; for me, it was the car.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Offline rogerdB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #1622 on: April 10, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »
There's no limit to the interests in this photo, but I suppose there's always one thing the eye keeps returning to; for me, it was the car.

I actually wondered if I should include the car! But there's no other obvious focal point, certainly nothing in the classic positions where the golden sections of width and height intersect. So, as you suggest Leon, best to let the eyes wander around!

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1623 on: April 11, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »
One last shot of Bittern before its recent withdrawal from service. The boom wasn't far over the layout for this one.

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #1624 on: April 11, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »
I like the grubby signal post and ladder! ;)

Mike

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1625 on: April 12, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »
I like the grubby signal post and ladder!

I did have a go at the one by the signal box. I'll photograph it when I next get out the camera and lights.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Red & white Trafalgar Square
    • Awards
« Reply #1626 on: April 12, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »
It's definitely sweeping through.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1627 on: April 13, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »
A different view of the southern end of the village with just a hint of railway beyond.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1628 on: April 13, 2019, 02:57:18 PM »
All excellent photos. One small advantage of monochrome is that you cannot tell that one parcels vehicle (CCT) is, although very nicely weathered, is in BR Blue which only came in around 1965 so too late for Wrenton?

Online Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #1629 on: April 13, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »
A different view of the southern end of the village with just a hint of railway beyond.

Fabulous picture. Brilliant modelling. I raise my hat to you sir!

Alec.

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #1630 on: April 13, 2019, 04:59:28 PM »
So much to admire, but once again an automobile steals the show!  :D Of course, that's because of Roger's sense of balance. Not only with his modelling but in his photography. A feast for the eyes!

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #1631 on: April 13, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
long ago we had pendon / madder / john ahearne, then the late allan downes. now we have our very own roger beckwith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on this very forum
blue / grey era diesels / electrics and suitable stock

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1632 on: April 14, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
Thanks for the comments!

One small advantage of monochrome is that you cannot tell that one parcels vehicle (CCT) is, although very nicely weathered, is in BR Blue which only came in around 1965 so too late for Wrenton?

I'm sure you're right about the colour of the CCT, Chris, I'm no railway expert, but Rule One applies to Wrenton. I find that when non-railway fans look at the layout they quite enjoy the various liveries - that is when they stop looking at the village. Some visitors say don't bother to run any trains. I still hanker after a Castle and a train of chocolate and cream and only the cost deters me, not the fact that it would be hard to justify its presence in East Anglia.

So much to admire, but once again an automobile steals the show!  :D Of course, that's because of Roger's sense of balance. Not only with his modelling but in his photography. A feast for the eyes!

The ice cream van almost stole the show. It was in its usual spot further down the road and although quite distant the bright blue was too eye-catching. So I Photoshopped it out.

long ago we had pendon / madder / john ahearne, then the late allan downes. now we have our very own roger beckwith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on this very forum

I don't think I'm in their class! But kind of you to suggest so. I've still got a couple of Ahern's books, bought about 1970 for the princely sum of 12/6d each. Full of good ideas and tips and probably better value for money than more recent books about scenic and building modelling.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1633 on: April 15, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »
I chanced to look at the photographic items on offer in the Amazon sale at about 9.15pm yesterday. And there was an Olympus telephoto lens at about 60 less than when I last looked at it - and less than the price of many locos. So temptation won and I ordered it. It arrived late morning (thanks to Prime) so this afternoon I gave it a try. Naturally the first subject had to be the village! This shot of the south end of the layout was taken with the camera peering over the back (side really) scene at the north end. I've just done the focus stacking of that shot while watching coverage of the awful fire in Paris and here it is.

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #1634 on: April 16, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »
Nice pic there Roger, wondering which lens you are using. I need to experiment with my camera and lenses, but at the moment my layout is on its side having some wirring attended too. That village looks idylic, superb modeling.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
127% 
April Donations

Advertise Here