!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wrenton  (Read 64361 times)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Wrenton
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2017, 07:41:30 AM »
Fantastic Roger. After much deliberation I think that I am inspired to do better on my layout rather than join the knitting circle. But it was a close run thing!!  :thankyousign:  :greatpicturessign:  :thumbsup:  :beers:

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »
This has been a wonderful exposition of an exceptional model. When I arrive home, I will download the entire sequence and use it as a tutorial. Well done!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Candy Apple Head

• Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
I could look at those photos of the 3MT exiting the tunnel and the A4 all day long. The one of the A4 in particular looks so lifelike, it could have been a photo of the real thing taken on a hot August Saturday afternoon in 1962.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »
Probably me tenth birthday  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Novice41

• Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2017, 10:09:27 AM »
The depth you get in your windows is very realistic but obviously very time consuming. I dread cutting those tiny window openings.

Offline rogerdB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »
Roger - you haven't listed an N Gauge Society membership number, but the editor of their Journal is always crying out for articles and you could make a valuable contribution to it.

I keep meaning to join the NGS but somehow never seem to get round to doing it! So I haven't seen the journal and don't know how many pictures they're able to include. Would they be interested in something like the post I did with the cottage build, for example? It would need all those pics to make sense, I think.

Offline Cimmerian

• Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »
It's a while since I've been on here but I'm at work and bored and thought I'd take a look and see what's going on.

This thread is awesome, I've never seen such excellent modelling. Just gone through it from the start and I just kept getting more and more impressed. Thank you so much for all the great photos. 
Regards, Ken

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2017, 11:21:26 AM »
My worry about adding tiny fragile details like trackside signs is that they will be damaged when I use my mini vacuum cleaner to remove all dust, etc.

Something I worry about too. I've actually used a normal vacuum cleaner on Wrenton, one of those very powerful ones now banned by the EU. I did once suck up an Oxford car and had to empty the bag to retrieve it! When I'm picking up surplus static grass I use the usual trick of putting an old handkerchief over the nozzle of the vacuum so that I can recycle as much as possible. Works for normal cleaning too. Another trick I've tried is to stretch a scrap of tights (or stockings) over the end of the hose and push the nozzle onto it. Lets the dust through and catches any wanted parts that come loose.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2017, 11:22:22 AM »
Fantastic Roger. After much deliberation I think that I am inspired to do better on my layout rather than join the knitting circle. But it was a close run thing!!

Good decision!

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

I keep meaning to join the NGS but somehow never seem to get round to doing it! So I haven't seen the journal and don't know how many pictures they're able to include. Would they be interested in something like the post I did with the cottage build, for example? It would need all those pics to make sense, I think.
I think that would be an excellent idea.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
The one of the A4 in particular looks so lifelike, it could have been a photo of the real thing taken on a hot August Saturday afternoon in 1962.

My memories of A4s are with a very different background, at Harringay. It was always such a treat to see one. I remember hearing that distinctive whistle and seeing a drift of steam in the distance when up at Alexandra Palace. Happy days.

By the way, the 'avatar' I use is an A4 on the Forth Bridge taken from one of my paintings.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:33:17 AM by rogerdB »

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
Hi Roger,
I would like to reiterate my thanks for sharing your extremely realistic layout with us. As others have said, it is hard to believe we are not looking at the real thing when viewing your amazing pics.
Cheers Dennis.
 :beers:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »

Seconded.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »

Seconded.

I've signed up! Will have a look at the journal and think about possible contributions.

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »
Well done! Welcome to the NGS.
With kind regards
Laurence
www.innovationgame.com