!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: East Lancashire lines  (Read 159579 times)

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: East Lancashire lines
« Reply #2175 on: May 22, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
A bit cooler today so more work on the lights. I decided it made sense to fit the new light's above the baseboard before stripping it down to do the wiring underneath. I decided the new light's being more yard lights that was the place to use them, so I removed two of the other lights I had fitted at the back. Unfortunately when I removed one of them from between the weigh bridge huts the wires were snagged and came off so not sure if it will work now, there is a bit of wire still hanging. I fitted the other one to the left of the platform steps on the up platform (p2) just after the tunnel leading into the station. I then fitted the 5 yard lights around the goods yard, being very carefull where I drilled the holes, one was very near to my hex juicer so I loosened that before drilling the hole, has it happens it just came out to the side of it so it could remain in the same place. The next job now involves stripping the layout section again,tipping it on its side and then completing the wiring using the supplied resistors, more fun. I need to wire some switches into the supply so I can turn them off. here are a few pics of the lights in there respective locations, i have tried to place them where they would have been needed most.

Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2176 on: May 23, 2019, 07:43:55 AM »
The yard lights look very good, Chris.  :)
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #2177 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48:55 AM »
seconded. the station captures the urban feel perfectly and the station lights are a pleasant addition.look forward to seeing shots with them on reflecting on / off a train
blue / grey era diesels / electrics and suitable stock

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #2178 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
The yard lights look great Chris and cor blimey if I wasn't doing exactly the same thing myself on Tuesday!
I must stick a photo up.

Alec.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #2179 on: May 24, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »
Looking good Chris, hopefully all of the electrickery will work out satisfactorily.

Blimey, Is that a Mesh computers mouse mat? I had a Mesh computer last century. Very good it was too.

Online DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #2180 on: May 24, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »
Yes the yard lights look really good. I must get some for mine!

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #2181 on: Yesterday at 12:14:51 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments, yes @keithbythe sea it is a mesh computers mat, a bit worn out but it lasted longer than the pc I had. It was the first pc I bought and the last I bought, I have built my own ever since. Prior to that I had BBC-B and then a Acorn risc computer, trouble was my friends were playing games like Doom etc and I could not join them so got persuaded into going into PC IBM compatabilty. I think the first one I had from Mesh was a 333mhz, I soon found it was easier to upgrade myself.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here