!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)  (Read 6036 times)

Online Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
Lovely quartet, and the trains ain't bad too. :)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 11:43:34 PM »
Hi,

Meant to say when I pictured the tunnel mouth...

The tunnel was made using one of the white polystyrene things on the left. My wife has marine fish tanks and while I was at the aquatic shop getting some stuff for her I saw a whole load of these in a trolley which were going to be thrown away.

'Help yourself, we don't want them was the answer' so if you think they might come in handy for various scenery projects, tunnel mouths, bridges etc. they come in twos and contain frozen fish food packets which they take out and put in an open freezer, then chucking out the containers.

Quite handy and free.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
Coming along nicely Chris & lovely collection of pooches, don't envy you with 4, got my hands full with 2 labs

Hope the Op & move are painless (on both counts)

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »
Hi all,

'Tis a sad day in Izaro today as the house is going on the market next month, I'm going to be in plaster for 3 months from January and we will probably have to stay in a transition house (if that's what you call it), which isn't big, for a while next year. The room needs to be clearer and anything train related needs to be small and portable.

SO, it's dismantle time  :doh:  :(  :'(.

The idea is not lost though and Izaro II will hopefully reappear in 2019.

In the meantime I have decided (with the other half's permission of course) to go back to the Port Regleun Brittany layout but keep it simple and portable.

Another pic of the room before the demolition crew arrive...

Remember I was standing on a chair on the landing to take this so the room is rather cluttered. Anyway, the plan is to keep the board in front of the window as just a test track oval with sidings in the middle as the Kato track can be easily taken up and boxed. The trestle tables pack up nicely and can go in a shed.

I want a bit of scenery and obviously the Brittany port so I thought I could have 8"/10" wide length of wood along the back wall with a single track coming off the test track oval emerging from a tunnel going along the coast. It would then turn on a 2' or 3' square board, resting on a trestle table, into the sea on a causeway (another length of wood) to the port area, resting on another trestle table, similar to the one that used to be a Verdon...

http://www.frenchlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/FL006018_web.jpg

That's a bridge but mine would be a causeway to save money.

The port area would be maybe 4' x 2' so it and the turn square should be portable enough and be able to be stored under a bed. The two lengths as well but if they have to go so be it.

Will start a new thread soon but just wanted to explain.

Thanks for the interest, kind comments and 'thank yous' about Principat d'Izaro and as I said it will be back!

Now where's my sledge hammer?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:15:40 AM by weave »

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
Sorry to hear the bad news, but at least you'll have something to look forward to.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »
Looking forward to Izaro II indie course.
Hope you find a suitable transition house that works for you.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
Good luck with the op and move. Being plastered for three months is something to look forward to.  :beers: :pint:  Not so good having to demolish something that has taken time and effort to make.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

Something Spanish from my collection.   An old Ibertren UT440 unit.   

I'd like to get hold of the red/white model they also made, just for completeness!

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »
Hi ntpntpntp,

I've been looking for one of those for ages. Did see one on ebay from Spain a while back but funds were low and the postage was ridiculous. In a way I'm glad you posted at this time or I would have gone into want one, want one stroppy child mode.

Cheers for the pic. Reminds me of the train I used to get occasionally into Madrid when I was there for a while.

Gracias y salud weave  :beers:

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:03 PM »
I've been looking for one of those for ages.

I have a thing about E.M.U.s, especially the Arnold ET420s (must have a dozen of those). I was at a show a few years ago, and there was a guy selling off all his N gauge. This particular 2-car set was there, but I didn't buy it at the time. A few days later I contacted and he still had it.  Think it cost me Ł50. 

It took me a while to find an additional centre coach.  A mate of mine actually got one from a boot fair ages ago but he cut it up to experiment with scratch-building!!!  I now have the parts. Finally managed to get hold of the one in the photo to make up a 3-car set.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
 :hellosign: Sorry to hear Irazo is to be dismantled, hope all goes well for you & the move is smooth
     regards Derek.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Hola,

Can't believe twas a year ago that I had to dismantle the layout.

Anyway, there is a little resurrection for it in that I found a small layout that was my first attempt at Kato track. I thought I had dismantled it but found it while clearing out a lock up that we will not be using anymore.

For those following my Trémargat St. Croix (TSC) layout, I have a 69" x 16" lift out section with hill and bridge between the harbour and a small fiddle yard.

The newly found layout, which was going to be a roundy roundy, with some revamping, should fit in and so I thought I could have a beachside terminus for a part of Principat d'Izaro and be able to run Spanish and Southern French trains around the TSC harbour to stretch their legs and then use the terminus for photo opportunities.

Hope to incorporate the El Gaitero restaurant from the original layout last year over one of the tunnel mouths and keep the mojo espanol going. It's a bit of a mess and I need to remove the branch going to nowhere and remove some edging wood but if the track works  :hmmm: it's nice to have a new project with some of the work done already.

Few not great pics but gives an idea.....

With the TSC harbour, TSC hill and bridge and now this, it'll keep me busy over Christmas while some of the wife's film selections kick in  :thumbsdown:

Gracias amigos y salud,

weave  :beers:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
 :hellosign: Many thanks for this update Chris, looking forward to future developments
      regards Derek.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »
Hi all,

Well the lift out section bit didn't work. There's a proper (ish) explanation on my Trémargat St. Croix thread so won't bore you all again.

Anyway, the good news is I also had another old layout with a bit of scenery and track so have decided to revamp that instead and make it a stand alone part of the Principat d'Izaro peninsular.

It's up and running, although just a single oval and small terminus station (probably Estepera beach) and lots to do but I can run Spanish and Southern French trains to keep the mojo going.

I'll do a proper explanation this evening but just wanted to see if I could post a pic after the upgrade. I have other pics but I'll try one and then post later.

Pic Test.......

:no: Another day perhaps  :(

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
Hola,

Think the Gallery is back so just a test....

Have had a rethink on a few things so need different photos now and waiting on some glued things to dry  :doh: but hopefully some proper pics soon.

Hope we're all back and running now.

Edit PS Meant to say haven't painted the sea/beach wall yet. All will become clear.

Also, I can't do weathering but will do something with the red pantographs as they're just wrong. Some sort of black wash perhaps.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:26:17 PM by weave »

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
June Donations

Advertise Here