!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)  (Read 6037 times)

Online tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
Re: Principat d'Izaro (French/Spanish layout)
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2017, 08:49:56 AM »
Good luck with all that.  Having just moved Im painfully aware of just how long the process can take.  I survived by playing with a Kato layout initially, then when that had to be packed away I dabbled in 1/48 plastic tank kits for the best part of a year!

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2017, 09:22:51 AM »
I like this thread as there's relatively little on the Iberian Peninsula here. I hope everything works out OK Weave. :thumbsup:
We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland, UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline RicardoFig

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
Good luck for both, operation and moving.  ;)

Just found this thread today and i am not sure what i like the best: the Spanish rolling stock or the whole fictional story behind the layout.  :heart2:

I hope that in the end the project goes on, and i strongly encourage you to create a Principiat own railway company, with its own rolling stock and painting scheme.

Just before i started my actual project in N-Scale, i had a fictional truck & urban bus company on a fictional Portuguese village in 1:87 (mainly Herpa and Rietze units repainted), and the freedom to create and imagine is huge, so much that in a later stage in this layout i am thinking of a fictional railroad company for my branch line.  :beers: :heart2:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
Hola amigos,

Have done a bit more on the layout and was hoping to post some pics (and will do so soon).

However, and a big HOWEVER. Due to a change in personal circumstances it looks like we might have to move next year. All slightly up in the air at the moment but pretty much on the cards  :(.

I have to have an operation on my ankle in January (which is only a small part of the problem) so was going to do as much as I could on the Izaro layout beforehand and then start the Port de Regleun (Brittany layout) while off work for 3 months as it would have easier access.

With the potential move I don't see much point in doing much more as both would have to be ripped up as the idea was for them to be permanent.

I will still work on things (have been working on my Irish ferry for the future Port de Regleun layout to cheer myself up a bit) and I can still run trains around the Izaro layout.

I was going at broken down snail's pace anyway but just to let you all know.

Solace in cider,

Cheers weave  :beers:
:hellosign: Sorry to hear of your woes Chris hope all turns out OK real soon & love to see any photos
     regards Derek.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 10:50:40 PM »
Hi all and thank you,

I'm not going into the personal circumstances and say that we're downsizing, but basically we're downsizing  :D.

However, in very unheated discussions with the Overlord, her suggestion (bless her), a third bedroom (or train room) is a necessity so not all lost. The room size is obviously not known yet but we'll see.

I'd like to keep both concepts of Izaro and Port de Regleun as can never decide between the two.

Have taken some pics tonight of slow developments in Izaro, which as I said will probably come to a halt although I hope to do mini modular things like the El Gaitero restaurant which is on a bit of MDF and removable. A couple of hotels with swimming pools is my next plan. Hope to post the pics tomorrow as my technical adviser has gone to bed.

The CF Tutera football stadium, which I haven't mentioned before but has got infrastructure is another thing to work on plus the Port de Regleun ferries so I don't think I'll be bored.

Hope pics tomorrow.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2017, 07:42:32 AM »
Hopefully your move will be straightforward and goes smoothly.
Interesting about the football stadium. Takes up a lot of room though.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2017, 08:11:52 AM »
Thanks Martin,

It was (is?) just going to be half a football ground, which off the top of my head is about 3' x 2 1/2' and was going to go in the top right hand corner (depends how you look at it but to the right of where Tutera station would have been ie the mess) with the railway running underneath. The pitch just stopping ie cut off on the far right. I don't know what it would have (or will?) look like but thought CF Tutera could play in La Liga division 2 and perhaps have won La Copa del Rey and qualified for the Europa League, all in the interests of 'special trains'.

[/url].

It'll fit on the kitchen breakfast bar to work on so another thing to keep me sane.

PS. I'll have to think of how they got into the Spanish league but something will come up but being an independent country as such they will have their own national side who much to the annoyance of the local police always seem to be in England's group  :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:24:45 AM by weave »

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »
The West Cornwall branch of the CF Tutera supporters club are very excited about the clubs progression to the Europa League.
Special train arrangements come to mind.......

And dont get me started on Europa League and Champions League. Champions league.......85% of participants are NOT champions and league.....its a Cup.
Brng back the European Cup, The Cup Winners Cup and the Inter Cities Fairs Cup I say......rant over!
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »
Off topic but totally agree re the cups but as always it's all down to TV money.

I don't know if you saw my PS edit above but I obviously have had change my opinion of Mickey Mouse tiny countries and principalities being in the European Championship qualifying rounds  :D

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 08:59:57 AM »
Hi all,

Not a great deal to report and, once again, few probs with my computer in that I can't seem to preview the pics before posting so apologies if they're of my usual rubbish, out of focus, standard and if they're the right ones in the first place (will edit if not).

Bit of work was done to the hill and tunnel behind the restaurant. As the sky will just be a lovely Mediterranean blue I thought I'd have a go at painting it myself. Haven't done that yet but hopefully this pic shows the additional ply backboard with the sky dropping down to the right to meet the sea. I'll probably have rocks to break the sky/sea join. Some more ply will be attached to the left but as I've said things are a bit on hold at the moment.

The ledge will have one hotel, maybe two depending on space, with swimming pool. The access road hidden by trees and hopefully some sort of precarious path down to the sea (I'm sure I'm not the only one to come across them on holiday. They're bad enough when you're sober!)......

Nothing much but pic of the tunnel mouth I made downstairs. I moved the level crossing closer to the station to leave a bit of a gap between it and the tunnel portal.....

The station is loosely based on Sant Pol de Mar where the tunnel is very close to the crossing...

http://l450v.alamy.com/450v/bmhfaa/pedestrian-passage-at-sant-pol-de-mar-railway-station-barcelona-province-bmhfaa.jpg

I wasn't too sure about the red? tunnel portal so have gone with similar to Cerbere (but that might change)....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/J22_695_Bf_Cerb%C3%A8re%2C_Tunnelportale.jpg

Have a few train pics which I'll do shortly.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
Hi again,

A couple of train pics. I've been cleaning the wheels of various ebay purchase coaches and then boxing up and listing (for myself, not selling). Not all will be run again for the foreseeable future but trying to sort the 'good as news' from the 'needs a bit of work'.

Firstly and a bit Rule 1. An all first class pilgrim train from Rome and Innsbruck passes Platja de Teixir on it's way to the town of Casilda with it's holy shrine and natural thermal spas. The OBB coaches join the FS ones at Genoa and then along the French Riviera, the bar Corail attached with SNCF locomotive at Ventimiglia, and then round to Tutera in Izaro....

The SNCF BB 72xx is detached at Tutera terminus station and an SNCF BB 67xxx takes it back out on the non electrified line to Casilda (which would have been the Port de Regleun layout, the two being run at different times).....

Sorry, tres blurred.

Some Spanish/Portuguese ones later but have to take the dogs for a walk. Please Daddy (and there are 3 others)......

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:45:01 PM by weave »

Online tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »

Ahhh, bless! :)

Ive just returned from walkies myself, not too much of a chore as most of the routes round here are along old trackbeds 8)

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »
I've just returned with Mutkins, now horizontal on the floor. I can't make up my mind whether to join him or not. :-\
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »
Hi all,

Few more pics.

A RENFE 307 is seen at Platja de Teixir with a wine and a sherry wagon from the Tutera marshalling yard, on the other side of town, to stock up the El Gaitero restaurant and various local hotels.....

Meanwhile, due to wagon cleaning and sorting, the 'Expreso del Norte' from Sant Cristofol to A Coruna in Galicia (North West Spain) only has two regular coaches and one RENFE sleeping car. The portion splitting at Monforte for Oporto also only has two regular CP (Portuguese) coaches and a rustled up Wasteels couchette coach plus a CP postal car (which is a bodge job of mine when I tried to Mr. Muscle off a DB logo on a German parcels coach and it started to go white  :doh:. Went the whole hog and stuck on a CP logo decal. Not really prototypical but I quite like it.

Not quite sure what Semat do but lets say its returning empty to Pamplona after dropping off new VWs to Izaro from their plant there.

A RENFE 269 'Taxi' livery is in charge...

I hope to do some photos of steam and diesel from the '60s era very soon, with the return of the crowd from Cornwall, which hopefully will be of more interest.

In the meantime (for the dog lovers amongst us as there seems to be a few) here's my motley crew...

William (already shown) (hates me, don't know why)...

Guinness (loud but lovely)......

Sophie (older and in charge but so good)....

Saskia (crazy horse!!!, well little donkey but still crazy)....

Thanks for looking. I promise to get my photography skills better, get better train pic angles and proper rakes etc. in the future.

PS This might be a less blurred photo of the BB 67xxx from the earlier post (?)...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:20:43 PM by weave »

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 10:18:59 PM »
 :hellosign:   :greatpicturessign: Thanks for the updates Chris
     regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
June Donations

Advertise Here