!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Irwell Valley Railway  (Read 7039 times)

weave and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: Irwell Valley Railway
« Reply #255 on: Yesterday at 10:50:53 PM »
A bit more frustration tonight, I solved the up and down line contamination, easy as described in my last post. But tonight I was still showing a problem on my meter with the left and right rails showing a fault. The obvious cause would be droppers wired the wrong way round but I have double checked them. The cause is the Circuit breaker, I disconnected that and no fault, unless I also connect one of the two digital ip point motors. The cause with the motor is simple, they are still in the centre position ready for fitting, once activated they will be easy to sort, if its still the wrong, just swap the feeds over. So it might be something similar in the circuit breakers, I will just leave them dissconnected for now while I finish the wiring. Tonight I have been trimming the cork to give a nice shoulder for the track and one of the tracks had come loose on the board join just near the monkey bridge so I have re soldered that. Back to finishing the feeds on this board on the right hand side tomorrow.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #256 on: Today at 08:54:26 PM »
Well tonight I decided to finish the high level track on the fiddle yard board,there was a gap of about 10", I also fitted the droppers. I would have done a lot more tonight but I have not been well for the last 24 hours so I am pleased I managed to do that.  I also fitted some buffer stops at the end of the 3 fiddle yard end sidings, just blocks of ply but thats all I need to stop a train running off the end. Hopefully I will crash on with the rest of the wiring tomorrow.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: Today at 09:20:57 PM »
You take care Chris, health is more important than layouts. I do think you could have chosen better words for your last sentence though.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #258 on: Today at 09:58:05 PM »
Just thought I would post this short video of my new layout. I made a few mistakes like not mentioning the name, not mentioning the left fiddle yard board and calling the left scenic board the right but you get the idea.
Lil Chris

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: Today at 10:41:17 PM »
A good explanatory video Chris.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal