!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: “New Roedann Viaduct"  (Read 13369 times)

Steamie+

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: “New Roedann Viaduct"
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2017, 06:37:22 AM »
Water on the layout is definitely not what you want!

Your right there Laurence, but luckily it was only a little bit just a couple of inches in, so no real harm done, but it was like i said Laurence, a bit of inconvenience that’s all, but it was a bit scary though.

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: No mor
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:16 AM »
Looking good Rod - keep defending the unitrack - as I once said on my header - some don't get it's- some never will - some spotted it as an easy way to a layout ! Dam good quality - easy to sort points ( with live/dead frog options )  How easy do you want it folks !
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2017, 07:26:21 AM »
Hope you can get that water sorted out.
It was horrible here yesterday too, heavy rain plus gales.
I’ll get round to fixing it drekkly me ‘ansome.

Steamie+

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »
Looking good Rod - keep defending the unitrack - as I once said on my header - some don't get it's- some never will - some spotted it as an easy way to a layout ! Dam good quality - easy to sort points ( with live/dead frog options )  How easy do you want it folks !

Well Neil some just want to over complicate it be saying they haven’t got the room or it won’t do has i want it to, excuse’s in my eye’s mate, the amount of people who use Unitrack is vast, just love the why you can so easily change your track to something else in a matter of minutes is brilliant. My TT is so easy to set up and run, nothing like the Peco one i did have, all the messing about with the motor under the board, look at the photo of mine and you can see how easy it is to set up.     :beers:

How are you doing mate, seen your train on the American page, it looks awesome.    :thumbsup:

Steamie+

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Hope you can get that water sorted out.
It was horrible here yesterday too, heavy rain plus gales.

Need to get a decent length of clear plastic sheet from some where Martin, that’s about all i can do i think, it’s a double door shed so i only need to open one side of it really, but if i need to, i can open the other but it maybe a bit more difficult with the sheet down one side. Oh well it won’t stop me enjoying my trains lol.   :laugh3:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »
Sorry to hear about your water troubles and the rain, the track layout looks impressive with lots of operating flexibility there

The lean-too shed I built myself a couple of years ago has an ongoing issue with rain ingress, have tried lots of things to no avail..... thankfully (and maybe because someone else did it  :hmmm: ) the railway van is proving weather tight so far - but water does make such a mess!
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Steamie+

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:46 AM »
Thanks Andrew, i have got to put some more points in at the top of the layout were the back scene is yet so i can have the trains running from the top track to the inner track, they at the moment can only run on 2 tracks each if you get what i mean.

The water problem is one i think we all have at some point who have sheds, some are better quality then others, mine unfortunately although it cost enough, was a cheaper shed then i wanted to pay at the time, now in hindsight i should of gone for the more expensive one, oh well we live and learn. I think i have solved it though with some thick plastic sheet 4” wide running down the full length of the door.  Happy Modelling  Andrew   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:23:27 AM by Steamie+ »

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: No mor
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2017, 06:52:01 AM »
Glad your sorted Rod with the leak that is - if it continues give me a shout - we have allsorts of  seals and things here at work - should b able to find something to help ?
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Steamie+

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »
Glad your sorted Rod with the leak that is - if it continues give me a shout - we have allsorts of  seals and things here at work - should b able to find something to help ?

Thanks Neil       :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2017, 08:51:16 AM »
Can't help noticing Rod.
You get up mighty early!
I’ll get round to fixing it drekkly me ‘ansome.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »
Blimey Steamie, I go away for a few weeks and it's total carnage on your layout :-\

Great to see that you have kept the viaduct and did I read that you plan to keep the conveyors too?

New layout looks fantastic and great progress already. Remember that us retired chaps have plenty of time (really?) so no rush, lots of planning and thinking time and plenty of running trains (checking operational issues)... :D

Steamie+

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2017, 06:54:18 AM »
Can't help noticing Rod.
You get up mighty early!

HaHa yes i do Martin, it’s a throw back from my early starts has Transport Supervisor, it’s the body clock i can’t seem to get out of the habit, still i enjoy the early morning nice and quiet, especially in the summer when it’s getting lighter, the birds are singing away and i can think a bit more about things. I have taken some very good photos of the sunrise in the past and it’s one of my favourite time of the day.   :thumbsup:

Steamie+

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
Blimey Steamie, I go away for a few weeks and it's total carnage on your layout :-\

Great to see that you have kept the viaduct and did I read that you plan to keep the conveyors too?

New layout looks fantastic and great progress already. Remember that us retired chaps have plenty of time (really?) so no rush, lots of planning and thinking time and plenty of running trains (checking operational issues)... :D

Well Keith i wasn’t completely happy with the old layout has it was and the Kato track is a lot more versatile, i am now able to move things around a lot more easily. Still not to sure on some things with the bridges and even the Viaduct, i am keeping the Viaduct Keith, not to sure wether to sink in on the layout, although it will be a bit messy now that i have fixed the styrofoam down or leave it, i personally want to sink it, but if it goes wrong.... WELL...lol.

And yes there is no rush to finish it, plenty of time to think and plan is great, i can look at things and see if it will work or not, mostly not and it’s too late then lol. But like i said in my reply to port perran, i like the early mornings to think about things and i find it easy to concentrate more then.   Happy Modelling Keith    :thumbsup:

Offline Ian Bowden

• N Gauge Society Number: 26504
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2017, 01:46:28 PM »
Can't help noticing Rod.
You get up mighty early!

HaHa yes i do Martin, it’s a throw back from my early starts has Transport Supervisor, it’s the body clock i can’t seem to get out of the habit, still i enjoy the early morning nice and quiet, especially in the summer when it’s getting lighter, the birds are singing away and i can think a bit more about things. I have taken some very good photos of the sunrise in the past and it’s one of my favourite time of the day.   :thumbsup:
Sunrise is also one of my favourite times - just before I go to bed.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal