!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: NGS Thompson BGs  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: NGS Thompson BGs
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2016, 02:15:08 PM »
My crimson & cream Thompson arrived this morning. The 3rd pic contrasts the 'crimson' between the Thompson and my Dapol Gresleys. A fairly close match, I'd say, considering different manufacturers :hmmm:

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2016, 02:34:10 PM »
My crimson & cream Thompson arrived this morning. The 3rd pic contrasts the 'crimson' between the Thompson and my Dapol Gresleys. A fairly close match, I'd say, considering different manufacturers :hmmm:

Agreed. Well within the range of shades exhibited by the real thing. Crimson was known for its lack of stability, one of the reasons it was eventually replaced with Maroon.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline LNER1949

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10272
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »
Just received my 2 GTB in lined maroon coaches today having order them the other day ! Quick work from the NGS shop, well done and thank you. The models are well made and presented. Worth every penny.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2016, 04:27:23 PM »

Agreed. Well within the range of shades exhibited by the real thing. Crimson was known for its lack of stability, one of the reasons it was eventually replaced with Maroon.

Shame that Gresley put more custard powder in his cream than Thompson did, though :laugh:

Offline class8mikado

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »
Have opted for an all crimson to run with my Dapol Gresleys, and changed the wheels to match ( harder than it sounds...).
 I have the Crimson/ cream one also  which will be going with a mix of Mk1's and some Thompsons ( when they come out and I have re mortgaged the house), here the creams match well, and although the crimsons are slightly different that is possibly more rather than less accurate....

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations