!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Axle brass bearings.  (Read 256 times)

Offline Rob H

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Out !!
    • Awards
Axle brass bearings.
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:25:20 PM »
I've read on another forum that has mixed gauges, that OO rolling stock, sorry for the bad language, runs smoother with the use of axle brass bearings.

Are these bearings available for use on N gauge wagons, and if so do they work and where can they be purchased ?

TIA,

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Offline elmo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Axle brass bearings.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 03:46:49 PM »
I have some packaged by Parkside Dundas that are designed for pinpoint axles. Quite fiddly but work. Also, some N Gauge society kits come supplied with these.
An existing plastic chassis will probably have to be drilled out to fit the bearings.

Elmo

Offline AJP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20372
  • 2mm Association Number: 4918
    • Awards
Re: Axle brass bearings.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
The 2mm Association has them, but you have to be a member, or know some one who is. As Elmo says they are fiddly to fit, and most wagons and coaches these days are very free running, the only use for them really is anything kit or scratch built. I have tried fitting them in the past but they are really tiny, and in the end just reamed the axle boxes out until the wagon was free running.

Regards Tony

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations

Advertise Here