!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1997 times)

Offline potts

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Help please
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »
I have tried and tried to list some new dapol coaches for sale, and i keep getting price needed when i have put the price in, can someone advise me.

Offline potts

• Awards
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »
I think i will sell elsewhere, thanks any way.

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 11:44:50 PM »
I have tried and tried to list some new dapol coaches for sale, and i keep getting price needed when i have put the price in, can someone advise me.

Have posted Wanted, but not For Sale. So don't know if I can help, :hmmm: but I can offer a fresh look if you post a screengrab (use Alt + Prt Sc and only the active window (i.e. your browser) will be grabbed rather than the whole screen) of before and after Post.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:46:14 PM by RailGooner »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline potts

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »
Thanks for your reply Railgooner, I have tried again and failed, it seems to much like hard work, a shame i would of liked my collection to have gone to members, In the meantime i have contacted a dealer who is willing to buy the lot including 40 locos.

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 12:28:18 PM »
why not pm tank, he may be able to take you though the process

Regards,

Alex

Offline Byegad

• Account Suspended
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
I can understand the OP's frustration with the site mechanics. I frequent a large number* of fora and this one is by far the most finicky to deal with when posting anything but text.

*On cycling, photography and bird watching. I also was a moderator for a site for several years until the magazine it was associated with was sold to a new owner.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »
Thanks for your reply Railgooner, I have tried again and failed, it seems to much like hard work, a shame i would of liked my collection to have gone to members, In the meantime i have contacted a dealer who is willing to buy the lot including 40 locos.

It would be worth persevering, you'll get far more money selling privately.

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
Agreed, only sell to a dealer as an absolute last resort.

You stand to make far more selling privately, and you may have some rare or valuable items. Try contacting Tank for help listing them, or at least put them in lots on eBay or some such with a reserve.

Okay, so a dealer sale will undoubtably be simpler, but why make him/her rich at your expense?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline potts

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »
Your not wrong Daffy, His comment was, what a nice collection i had, then said it was worth £750  :censored:  Its all under 2yrs old, most under 12mts and only ever been test run and cost me over £5000 in total. I think he thought he was going to get it too. Everyone needs to earn but he was taking the p**. Thanks all for your comments.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 06:04:59 PM »
You'll probably get at least 80% of that back frankly, and don't be surprised if you profit on some rarer items.

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
People have different opinions on the value of 2nd hand stuff, for example personally I think 50% - 60% is reasonable: even if supposedly unused, it's still 2nd-hand. Something very rare and sought-after may well do better.

I do agree that £750 might be rather paltry compared to what you paid, but then again the dealer hasn't really got a full guarantee that all locos are in tip-top condition and working order without going through everything in detail and spending time/effort (=money).  Remembering as well it depends what model/brands they are and how desirable/saleable the dealer believes them to be: you may have spent that much to purchase them, but if the items on offer are brands that perhaps have a lower reputation for quality/reliability, or are simply models which are commonly available, then they're not worth so much to him/her.

Hopefully you will do better selling privately on here, or ebay, or wherever.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:17:24 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »

@Only Me
Is there anything can be done to establish what the problem is Potts is suffering please?

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:37 PM »
@newportnobby just tested and can find nothing wrong with the emporium at all i have listed a mouldy old trainer fine... its waiting for your approval....

I wonder if the op was putting his price into the shipping cost area not the box above it?

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
@newportnobby just tested and can find nothing wrong with the emporium at all i have listed a mouldy old trainer fine... its waiting for your approval....

I wonder if the op was putting his price into the shipping cost area not the box above it?

Just looked at the trainer - does it come with built in smells  ??? (Sorry, off topic I know, but, in my defence, I can say that  the test did work).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
Cannot believe Mick approved it groan :)

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal