!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: PCB manufacture  (Read 1340 times)

Online themadhippy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: PCB manufacture
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »
Ive recently been using jlcpcb,price and delivery times are about the same.There linked with easyeda so you can draw your schematic,route the pcb layout and order the boards all within the same software.There also linked with lcsc so you can  order the components as well,again  from the same program.
 Jlcpcb are also rumoured to be offering an assembly service starting in september (already  available in china) at a fairly reasonable price,no more struggling to see,let alone solder  those 0201 smd parts.

Offline malc-c

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »
There is so much competition that the only one to benefit is the customer.  PCBWay already offer build services, and others are catching on quick.  I've just had some boards made by PCBWay, and the only deciding factors were that PCBWay had cheaper shipping, and I already had a credit in my account so I got them for next to nothing.  But on the pure cost of the boards there was really nothing in it,

Offline NTrain

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 13925
  • 2mm Association Number: 4102
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • N-Train
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 10:05:30 AM »
I want to get a number of custom wiring looms made up (50 or 100) basically 6 pin socket 2 x 2 pin socket and a number of wires.

Any idea where I can get these done economically?

Also like to get the same number of DCC blanking plugs done at the same time.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
Always etched my own PCBs, which isn't difficult. but they don't come out as pretty as those above..

Online themadhippy

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
Always etched my own PCBs,
so did i ,until i discovered it was much cheaper to send the gerber file of to china,wait a week or so and receive professional looking double sided pcb's back for less than the cost of the bare copper clad board.My last order was  for 20 boards , total cost including shipping 11.48.

Offline malc-c

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:44 PM »
Always etched my own PCBs,
so did i ,until i discovered it was much cheaper to send the gerber file of to china,wait a week or so and receive professional looking double sided pcb's back for less than the cost of the bare copper clad board.My last order was  for 20 boards , total cost including shipping 11.48.

Exactly the same reasons I no longer do my own boards

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal