!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: DJ Models researching King Class steam locomotive  (Read 21350 times)

Online Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: DJ Models researching King Class steam locomotive
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
Only 300 confirmed orders for the King and yet only 100 short of pressing the "go" button? Based on everything Ben and Mike have told us about viable production batch size I would be pretty confident Dave wouldn't even contemplate tooling based on those numbers.

Very surprising indeed if the take-up of a really iconic steam loco such as the King is that slow and compared to that the failed RevolutioN 21/29 project appears to have done comparatively well!

Maybe there has been a miisinterpretation somewhere. I feel pretty confident even Nobby's wishlist 6-6-4 Isle of Scilly tank loco would do better than that!

Roy

Be careful of magicking up numbers.  There is no mention of 300 from DJ - this has been guessed by someone else and adopted as fact.

The project requires (required a few days ago) 100 more orders to proceed as a project (not any sub stage).

So its time for us to dig deep if we want it to succeed.

I haven't "magicked up" any numbers I actually positioned my opening sentence as a question and was challenging that the number quoted looked unrealistic for the project to proceed based on known MOQs and suggested misinterpretation of info from whatever source and a possible reason.

Although not a loco for me I am really keen to see this project proceed as it's success will establish Dave in this space and hopefully encourage other steam locos via a similar route to be proposed.

Regards

Roy

Online longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »
Here are the King order numbers provided by Dave himself on 14 September on RMWeb:

Original Crowdfunder sign ups / 'expressions of interest' = 706
Current Crowdfunder deposits paid                               = 264

Offline Hyperion

• G'day
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2018, 10:45:55 PM »
A lot can happen in a month.

Time to spam facebook groups.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »
No. 2 newsletter received fro DJ. A few more orders received and deposit for tooling design paid.  :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline rusticged

• N Gauge Society Number: 9108
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »
I suspect a lot is happening behind the scenes with the King as I know that Dave is particularly keen to get this model into the hands of crowdfunders and eventually a second run to go on general sale. 2019 should be good!
Cheers, Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £287.00
Above Goal: £232.00
Site Currency: GBP
522% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything