New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: DJ Models researching King Class steam locomotive  (Read 21288 times)

Offline pesky badger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22788
    • Awards
Re: DJ Models researching King Class steam locomotive
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »
Quick question - has everyone that expressed an interest on the DJM website received an email to say the ordering process is now go? I know I expressed such interest and confirmed with Dave (as there was no automatic confirmation) but I've not had anything telling me it's ready to pre-order.  Now I know there are still a few issues regarding the website and wondered if this was a possible reason, or is it just me?

Stu

Offline Elvenhome

• N Gauge Society Number: 25842
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
I haven't received anything yet.  I have a feeling the emails were meant to go out once the new website was up an running.  The problem with the payment page I think put that on hold, and the new website appears to be being rebuilt again.  Somehow I appear to have managed to have shown willing for the two I had ordered when I tried to pay the deposit, and oops, I appear now to be buying three - butterfingers

Offline crepello

• N Gauge Society Number: 3956
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »
No it's me too!
I tried to pay the deposit by clicking the advert on RM Web, but the site wouldn't accept payment as I'm in the 'wrong state' (Greater London!).
I'll give up until Dave e-mails or clarifies.

Offline pesky badger

• Awards
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
Thanks for info - at least it's not just me.  Let's hope his site is sorted out soon.

Offline trkilliman

• Awards
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2018, 02:12:54 PM »
I expressed an interest in two Kings very early on.  Some unexpected bills and our daughters forthcoming marriage led me to reconsider. However I look forward to seeing the updated/upgraded website and ordering facility, as I may be able to order one or possibly two.

It is unfortunate that there has been a glich with the website and ordering facility at this somewhat crucial time. Hopefully it will be sorted fairly soon.

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »
To support the project I expressed an interest early on.  I received no confirmation and have heard nothing.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline ToothFairy

• N Gauge Society Number: 19950
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2018, 06:42:40 AM »
I haven't received anything yet.  I have a feeling the emails were meant to go out once the new website was up an running.  The problem with the payment page I think put that on hold, and the new website appears to be being rebuilt again.  Somehow I appear to have managed to have shown willing for the two I had ordered when I tried to pay the deposit, and oops, I appear now to be buying three - butterfingers

Been there, done that . . . no t-shirt yet, though  :( . Actually I've only been shown willing for 2, so you've probably got the t-shirt!

- Michael

Offline kelstonlad

• Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »
I just got the email saying the site is up, and I can order the King now. Haven't tried it yet.

- Andy

Offline pesky badger

• Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2018, 02:38:15 PM »
Still had no email but have been on the site and ordered a shirtbutton version.  His site is now all HTTPS for those that were having concerns (myself included).

Apparently he's going to be getting LLoyds clicksafe in a few weeks if you use their card and want extra security.

Stu

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »
I have never received any e-mail telling me to pay the deposit but just visited the site and could not find a way to sign in/sign up, even though we are told that old account holders will need to create a new account. So (as a guest) I went to payment, chose my loco, filled in my particulars including card details, only to find that there was no PAY button in order to proceed. I am using Firefox on my Mac and there is definitely no proceed button on the deposit order form. Is it just me!!!  :confused2:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Quicknick

• N Gauge Society Number: 24926
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
Got an email today from DJM, ordered 2 off Kings. Just had to enter my details again and credit card stuff, all https.

Worked well, and got an order confirmation straight away.....

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
Perhaps I should wait for an email from Dave as he promised and then follow his link
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
Can anyone explain to this financial luddite the difference(s) between Stripe and Clicksafe?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:09:21 PM by Karhedron »
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »
Stripe is a newish third-party payment processor similar to Paypal. Clicksafe is a payment verification system which as far as I can see applies only to Lloyds bank cards. Presumably payments to DJM made with other cards (and possibly Lloyds cards too) are then processed via Stripe.

If so that's a little concerning as credit card payments made via third-party processors like Stripe may not qualify for statutory UK payment protection (see link) and as far as I can see Stripe don't offer their own payment protection, unlike Paypal:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2017/04/revealed-section-75-credit-card-protection-may-fail-due-to-payment-processing-loophole---shoppers-beware

Offline Hyperion

• G'day
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2018, 03:57:05 AM »
Ordered 2. Payment went through.

They have purged all prior accounts but it also appears you don't get a new account with the order.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here