!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hunslet Industrial Shunter from the NGS  (Read 62448 times)

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
Re: Hunslet Industrial Shunter from the NGS
« Reply #540 on: August 28, 2019, 09:42:08 PM »

Hi all,

Getting the PCBs completed has taken longer than expected. 

Our supplier had to reject the first 2000 (produced by a subcontractor) and bring production in house. 

His PCB assembly machines are slower, but of course he can monitor the product quality.

The first satisfactory batch is about to be shipped, with the remainder due soon after. 

I am optimistic that if the factory can get to production in the next couple of weeks the models (or at least most of them) will still make Q4.  But it is impossible to give a cast iron guarantee.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Dickydcc

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #541 on: August 28, 2019, 09:48:09 PM »
Thank you for the update, really looking forward to this model

Offline Capri_sam

• Awards
« Reply #542 on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »

Hi all,

Our supplier had to reject the first 2000 (produced by a subcontractor) and bring production in house. 

His PCB assembly machines are slower, but of course he can monitor the product quality.

The first satisfactory batch is about to be shipped, with the remainder due soon after. 

I am optimistic that if the factory can get to production in the next couple of weeks the models (or at least most of them) will still make Q4.  But it is impossible to give a cast iron guarantee.

Cheers

Ben A.

Ouch! Can only imagine the frustration that's caused you all round. Glad it's sorted though. Are these common problems in RM manufacturing? Do whole batches of components often get rejected?

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #543 on: August 28, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »
Unfortunately that happens a lot in china if a supplier uses cheap
Components instead of specified ones.  We tested these a lot to ensure they were up to our standards and ct has taken this on board with their own QC
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:17:09 PM by Only Me »

Offline sg

• N Gauge Society Number: 20842
    • Awards
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »
Of all the models I am waiting for this one is the most exciting, the innovations in it and the achievement of delivering such a model by volunteers really stands out. And the fact that it will not be produced by the manufacture later (as has happened with Bachman based models) adds to the feeling of exclusivity. Thanks to all involved.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »
Wot he said.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Capri_sam

• Awards
« Reply #546 on: August 29, 2019, 06:36:59 AM »
Unfortunately that happens a lot in china if a supplier uses cheap
Components instead of specified ones.  We tested these a lot to ensure they were up to our standards and ct has taken this on board with their own QC

I have heard that dealing with third party manufacturers in China is a nightmare and that caveat emptor is the standard in business there, and not just for western customers. I'll stick to being a tourist I think! Hopefully the subcontractor will have learned a lesson after getting spotted and losing the contract (and presumably their fees). I'm glad CT are learning from it too. A good if frustrating result all round!

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: August 29, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »
As I sit by the poolside in Borneo sipping chilled Shiraz I look forward to TINGS and seeing this and Revolution’s products.

Offline Fardap

• N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #548 on: August 29, 2019, 10:50:33 AM »

Hello all,

Apologies, not had a chance to reply until now.  In answer to some of the questions and points raised...

2). DELIVERY.  The bodyshells are ready.  Packaging etc is all done.  We are waiting for the PCBs, being manufactured in Austria, to be sent to China for final assembly to be completed.  I do not know how long this will take, but I have been told there is no reason the models will not be here by Q4 2019.  As ever please understand that may change.

Cheers

Ben A.
(NGS VP/)

Seems to me the PCB were Austrian manufacture not Chinese as a lot are quoting and criticising (the Chinese), unless the bare boards are Austrian and component additions were Chinese, as that is not clear? Not really sure where the 2000 rejections were, Austria manufacture, China assembly or Loco Assembly China, but good to see that it is being fixed.

Steve

Online Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
Really glad the QA is being tough. 

CT products are very cleverly designed but virtually impossible to get reliable parts. 

My impression is they have always had manufacturing/failure problems. A sad case of over promise.

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: October 31, 2019, 08:22:01 AM »

Hi all,

Cheers

Ben A.

Further to Ben's post of August this year, there is an update regarding the Hunslet Shunters on the NGS Website, link here:

http://newweb.ngaugesociety.com/?p=2455

Best

Scott
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally don’t know why I’m anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: October 31, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
Thanks for highlighting that Scott. I read only good news there.
 :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Dickydcc

• Awards
« Reply #552 on: October 31, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
OK, so I won't get the model for Christmas but good to know that it is on the way! Really looking forward to this one, especially now that it has a super capacitor  :D & don't forget the flashing light (i just had to have one)........ & at the end of the day a years wait is still less than the "main stream" manufacturers. So a big well done to the club, whats next for RTR???

Offline sg

• N Gauge Society Number: 20842
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: October 31, 2019, 10:29:13 PM »
Impressed with the effort to get the product right rather than rush to market. After Christmas is also better for the wallet! This engine is a real triumph for the hard working n gauge society volunteers.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: November 01, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words; this project has at times felt like one step back for every two forward, but it does seem that we are getting there.

Nonetheless, while I am confident I won't be really able to relax until the models are actually here!

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal