!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: what are people doing on their layout right now  (Read 380623 times)

Offline PGN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7306
    • Awards
Re: what are people doing on their layout right now
« Reply #2925 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:28 AM »
Ballasting  :( :(

John P

Simple solution, in two words: Kato Unitrak!
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

Online andy911john

• Awards
« Reply #2926 on: February 14, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »
Laying track..remembering to add power feeds BEFORE going down....https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/Smileys/NGF/veryangry.gif
Having nightmares about how much ballasting I have to do.https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/Smileys/NGF/goggleeyes.gif
Pics to follow
The build is in pursuit of re-creating the layout of my childhood.  (45years later)  not using DCC (yet)  have many many old locos not all super detailed but all memorable.

Offline Ted

• N Gauge Society Number: 28852
  • Needs. More. Grime.
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2927 on: February 28, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »
I've ordered loads of goodies to keep me busy this weekend.

I'm playing with Arduino Uno to create a programming track using DCC++ and JMRI.

In addition, I'll be creating a scale train speedometer (aka a Speed Trap)! This will be using infrared and an Arduino Nano, with digital display output.

Yes, I'm nerding out. :D

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:50:23 PM by Ted »

Offline snitchthebudgie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • 2mm Association Number: 4489
    • Awards
« Reply #2928 on: February 28, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »
For East Surrey N Gauge, helping build our new fiddle yard, ready (I hope) for NGSE 2020.

At home, putting a little weight onto Farish Conflats, gluing the containers on, and fitting N Brass chains.

I've also had a good sort out of things in the man-loft...  And found a few items that I'd forgotten that I had!

Offline Sheffie

• Awards
« Reply #2929 on: March 14, 2020, 03:56:54 AM »
Just installed the double track catenary poles on the main line loop.
There's a fine line between a terrible paint job and a masterpiece of weathering.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #2930 on: March 18, 2020, 10:00:35 PM »
The plumber and builder finished the bathroom just in time for any lockdown (and if not to work on outside stuff for a while - stopping the former stable/coach-house now garage from falling down) so I got all my space back and a bathroom.

I've been repairing a slightly damaged 6x4 baseboard that went through the child wants trainset, child doesn't want trainset cycle. The legs are not very strong but I may well change those for proper legs later. It's now sat in the middle of my space. I also got various bits of old layout arranged around a wall and sort of tentatively connected to one another to make something. Some work needed there to deal with things like not quite being the same height and not actually intended to function as a standalone layout.

And then my wife inspects the refurbished bathroom, looks at the big old wooden cupboard one side of it and suggests a nice way to deal with the rather manky top it has would be to put a layout on top of it !

So all in all quite a good day and something to keep me sane for the next couple of months

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal