!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Adding a pick up to a UM T9  (Read 70 times)

Online Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Adding a pick up to a UM T9
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:51:44 PM »
Why? I hear you ask. In order to allow it to run with a watercart 8 wheel tender, which uses the tender body from a Langley S15 and a Fleischman 7160/1/2 tender drive (as in my Sig below)

For the T9 I added a pick up to the insulated side, I've also experimented with adding a pick up both sides on the Fleischmann tander, another possibilty is to use some phosphor bronze strip to make a "skate" hiding it behind steps, that was very handy on a Peco B4 0-4-0 dock tank kit on an Arnold chassis

T9 pix
pick up, thin piece of plastic glued to chassis. phosphor bronze pick up with thin wire soldered to it then glued to ithe plastic

thin wire (red just visible in pic) fed though hole drilled through chassis side then further hole into cab

Cab, 2 pin socket glued to can floor, one wire from pick up another wire to chassis

Fit a matching 2 pin plug on the wiring from the Fleischmann tender, a blob of paint on one side of the plug and the socket when you have it running correctly will make sure you get it right way round.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal