!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE - RevolutioN HOA Hopper  (Read 19192 times)

acko22 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: EXCLUSIVE - RevolutioN HOA Hopper
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »
Hi Matthias

I'm afraid not - expressions of interest are just a tally to gauge whether there is enough interest to progress a project.  We don't (and couldn't anyway!) hold people to ordering what they expressed interest in.  It is not part of our ordering system so there is no way of viewing it.  The latest version of it has an optional email confirmation, but I don't think that was in place when we did the HOAs.

Sorry, Mike

Online Merrylee

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Food for thought, I'm about to order a varied rake of EWS, DB, and Cemex hoppers.
As there's no cash incentive with the triple, I'm thinking of going the all single route.
Ben/ Mike if i order 6 no EWS as single orders for example will I get all different running numbers.
Will this apply to DB as I want 3 no but wanting the varied logo positions.

Ron

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
With all due respect it seems pretty clear the single EWS is 320005, why would you get 6 different ones? If you want different running numbers order the triples, thatís the point. Otherwise Ben and Mike will have 6 of the singles and theyíll need to swap some out of triples anyway to give you the different running numbers? Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2018, 07:59:45 PM »
Food for thought, I'm about to order a varied rake of EWS, DB, and Cemex hoppers.
As there's no cash incentive with the triple, I'm thinking of going the all single route.
Ben/ Mike if i order 6 no EWS as single orders for example will I get all different running numbers.
Will this apply to DB as I want 3 no but wanting the varied logo positions.

Ron

Hi

The only thing i did notice when ordering my sturgeons was that the postage was more expensive when ordering singles instead of triples.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »
Hi Nick,
Point is if I decide to sell for example in the future 2 no EWS hoppers, I can't as its 3 or none if I purchase triple packs only.
As I said in the opening post, food for thought, all for discussion.
Ben an Mike do a fantastic job and are always open to feed back.
I presume it's another manufacturing process to produce triple packaging rather than all single and we select the running numbers at the ordering stage.

Ron

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2018, 08:08:09 PM »
Hi Paul,
Revolution will combine your postage.
When I ordered the cargo waggons over  a varied period of time, they re imbursed the postage and all came in the one parcel.

Ron

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2018, 08:50:16 PM »
I do know what you mean Ron, and I obviously donít want to speak for Mike and Ben but that isnít really their issue. The triple packs of IZAs were individually packaged, with just an outer sleeve keeping them together. Youíd have definitely been able to sell them individually. Trying to remember if the TEAs were similar, I donít think they were. Think they were 3 individual plastic boxes in a single cardboard box.

The other option obviously is to just duplicate running numbers, Iíve got excellent eyesight, but theyíre so tiny on nearly everything!

Or just take a potential hit on the resale by selling a single one. Itíll definitely be in its own box, it just may not have the full Ďretailí packaging of a single one.

Obviously again I donít want to talk for Mike and Ben, who are free to tell me to get back in my box, just feels a bit Ďcake and eat ití to basically ask for the triple wagons packaged as singles purely to protect the resale value. 

Online acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2018, 08:58:35 PM »
Hi,

I will not speak for Ben and Mike, but if they package the triple packs as they did the TEAs and the Class Bs all models were individually boxed with card sleeves holding the packs individual boxes together as a triple pack.
I think to ask them to individually sleeve each box won't be viable option due to all the logistics.

However when they come out you could always ask if there are people with the required individual sleeves they are happy to let you have

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:51 PM »
Just looking at typical consists and liveries and happened on this video:

A 66 (which weíll ignore!) then a 92, an HOA, 20 VTG JNAs and 24 (I think) Ermewa JNAs. Be an expensive one to recreate when(!) the JNAs get shrunk  :goggleeyes:

A couple of EWS and Cemex I think. Would like a full rake of the Tarmac ones, but with TEAs, Pendolinos, 92s and IPAs coming up I fear common sense needs to prevail, for once!

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »
Hi Paul,
Revolution will combine your postage.
When I ordered the cargo waggons over  a varied period of time, they re imbursed the postage and all came in the one parcel.

Ron

Hi

I think you misunderstood my post.

For example add six singles and note the postage cost. Remove them and add two triple packs note the postage cost. You will find the postage cost of the six singles is more than the two triples.

Postage for six singles £11.00
Postage for two triples £7.01

Nothing to do with multiple orders and I was mentioning this for people considering buying multiple singles rather than the triples.

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:28:28 PM by PaulCheffus »
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Offline Farmer chap

• Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »
I know this question comes up with every model developed but here goes!

Does anyone have approximate length dimensions over the buffers for these hoppers?, probably missed this in the thread somewhere.

Usual reason to see how many will fit in storage roads.

Many thanks,

Ian.

Online Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »

Hi all,

Ian - the length over buffers is just under 103mm.  Having said that, there'll be some "coupler slop" which is almost impossible to gauge until you see the physical wagons, so I'd allow 105 each to be on the safe side.

Ron - the single wagons and triple pack wagons are numbered as shown. The point of the triple packs is to offer different numbers.  There's no discount because the factory doesn't give us discount - if anything the triple packs should cost more as there is the additional card sheath, but we fudge that as the cost is so low.

When 3000 or 4000 models arrive it'll take all our time to send them out as they are - switching triples to singles etc just isn't an option!

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
As Paul has pointed out the slight incentive to order triples is the P&P is marginally cheaper compared to 3 singles. There are 7 individual numbers but the singles will all be one number as I'm afraid there is a limit to what the factory will accept (and in general singles tend to be less popular than triple packs).

Cheers M

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »
Well I've ordered the two EWS triple packs to see out my last order of 2018.

My CC is clear mid Jan 2019 and I can see a triple pack of DB and Cemex getting added to still take advantage of the early bird price.

Ron

Online Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2019, 12:17:59 AM »
DB Schenker and Cemex triple sets ordered.

I'm sure I read somewhere the possibility of looking into de branding vinyls/decals being supplied with the Cemex ones for those who want to cover the logo over.

Ron

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal