!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE - RevolutioN HOA Hopper  (Read 20032 times)

Offline Graham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
Re: EXCLUSIVE - RevolutioN HOA Hopper
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:38 PM »
hi @Ben A , any chance you can confirm if my shipment is being held as per your post

thanks
Graham

Hi Ged,

Those loads look excellent.  These wagons are heavy, even when empty, so Iíd be inclined to use the lightest ďloadsĒ possible.

Graham - Are you in Australia?  I suspect your models may have been packed but not sent.  My local post office is not accepting packages for many international destinations right now due to Covid-19.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2020, 08:16:38 AM »
...any chance you can confirm if my shipment is being held as per your post

PM sent.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Graham

• Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2020, 01:19:40 PM »

PM sent.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi @Ben A , no PM received. Please resend.

thanks
Graham

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »

PM sent.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi @Ben A , no PM received. Please resend.

thanks
Graham

Resent.  If no luck pls PM me and I will reply.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »
Our email is working fine - depending on how you send it (direct or via our website) and what address you send it to will determine whether you get the auto-reply or not.

But just so that people are aware - all our emails essentially end up in one place ie my mail box.  We've been very busy with orders recently as well as dealing with enquiries, but (and sorry if you've heard this before) we do this in our spare time.  My job has been busier than pre-lockdown (for a variety of boring reasons) and Revolution is not our only time commitment (this is my first visit to the NGF in several days)!

We will get everyone sorted.

Cheers Mike

Offline Graham

• Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2020, 11:32:51 PM »
I for one am very happy with all the team are doing to bring us the Revolution offerings and fully understand it is only a part time venture for you both.

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to watching the next release of your next Revolution Live event, unlikely i will be around in the middle of the night to watch it live.

cheers
Graham

Offline Spanners70

• Awards
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »
Still having a little trouble with some of my hoaís. Iíve tried slackening the screws on the bogies but a couple are super tight fit onto the wagon ie if you remove the screw pill the bogie off I carnt just push is back onto the wagon it needs the screw to pull it on ( weirdly the dB ones are the worst?). A few others if you lift them off the track the bogies tend to push the outer axles down to the rails with the inner axles raised. Iím having some derailing issues which I think is down to this. My next idea Iím debating running a reamer through the hold in the bogies for a better fit on the spigots moulded in the body. Any one any thoughts or tried this? And next question anyone any idea what size dreamer Iíd need or where I can get one so small ? Great wagons they just need a slight bit of fettling
My other theory is maybe with the close coupling of the wagons the buffers could be the issue, Iím only on a test track in the loft at the minute whislt I decide on final track plan so Iím running on 3rd radius curves but also had issue on long 55 points.
Open to ideas..

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2020, 01:42:51 PM »
Hi Spanners,

Pls PM me with your order number, and a list of the models that are playing up.  If it comes to it we will replace the defective wagons.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Spanners70

• Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »
Pm sent Ben. To help others Iíve gone through all 32 of my hoa and most are ok, 2 Iím struggling with tight bogies on the spigot and 5 others are off set bogies, see the pic itís easier than explaining but when held up bogies hand offset.
Further investigating it seems that the screw with built in washer on these is ever so slightly offset and with the tight tolerance of the washer within the bogie recess itís pulling the bogie, I think a screw with a smaller washer or a file of the washed will fix this.
Greta challenge on a windy rainy day though, just not sure why I needed to buy 32 other than revolution make such damn good rolling stock I have to be greedy ....

Offline Graham

• Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »
Some of mine have turned up today, and first i have to say "WHAT A CRACKIN MODEL", up to all the standards we have come to expect from the team. However, i have one which has a "wobble" as it runs along the track. Any ideas on where to look to fix it. I could live with it but given the rest that have turned up run like a dream would like to fix this one if possible.
Graham

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2020, 10:05:47 AM »
@Graham  You have three levels to investigate:-

1) Is the problem a wheelset out of shape or not correctly seated in the bogie frame; Swap wheelsets from a good bogie if necessary.
2) Is it a bogie not properly seated on its pivot - maybe a bit of flash on bogie or chassis, or the securing screw too tight or too loose.;
3) Is the interface between bogie and close coupler mechanism correct. Compare with one of the good ones.

Good luck

Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Graham

• Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2020, 10:35:06 AM »
thanks for the pointers @woodbury22uk / Mike, will work on it over the next couple of days.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2020, 11:21:56 PM »

Hi Graham,

Mikeís suggestions are pretty much on the money.  But if you canít get any to perform satisfactorily please get back to me and we will sort out replacements.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline ECMLfan

• Awards
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »
I also have several models of the HOA where it seems the wheels are not round. They are bouncing over the track like crazy.  They do not derail but I think this is a miss in quality.

This combined with several other issues involving British rolling stock even involving a Farish 220 that is not able to pull the train, massive numbers of split gears, 66ís where the drive shafts get stuck and block the bogy, a short circuit in a class 70 with exposed wiring made me decide to massively scale back on British trains. This literally means I will visit Warley or whatever with a battery pack to test any model I might purchase and only buy factory new from Revolution as this far I am pleased with the quality. Even with some of my HOAís bouncing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:38:40 PM by ECMLfan »

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
92% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal