New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution offers Class 92 electric in N as next powered model  (Read 38800 times)

Offline monkey_brains

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Revolution offers Class 92 electric in N as next powered model
« Reply #405 on: May 24, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

And once the retailers run out the Ebay prices go crazy - someone told me the other week that a triple pack of our TEA tankers (original price £78) sold for £220.

Been watching the TEA triple packs with interest as I was on a modelling hiatus at the wrong time - donít think Ive seen a triple pack go for less than £150 since Xmas

You commit the crowdfunding cash, you rightly either expect a bargain / to make a profit.  Iím cashed in for a number of 92s (double figures) - and when they come off there is no way Iíll be selling any spares on eBay at break even - I may be nice, but iím not a charity!

I wouldnít be surprised if anyone who has ordered through ROS gets an email to say they need to stump up more cash when they sort out what theyíve done / get the bill from Ben & Mike, the Hattons pre-order terms allow them to do it and I expect theirs will too - the good old E&OE sausage fingers get out clause.

No issue whatsoever with the retailers joining the party, in fact Iím all for it as iím gaining from their economies of scale as we are paying TRADE price as the public thanks to Revolution.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:41:53 PM by monkey_brains »

Offline Intercity

• Awards
« Reply #406 on: May 24, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
I never meant to imply retailers shouldnít order, but more to say if it is known that retailers are getting some or hoping to get some then there maybe people who donít commit for various reasons and just think to order from the retailer if the project happens.

I think itís great that retailers are getting onboard but fear itís not all roses.
Support crowdfunding - itís the way forward

Revolutions class 321 needs your help, letís make it happen.

Offline monkey_brains

• Awards
« Reply #407 on: May 24, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
I never meant to imply retailers shouldnít order, but more to say if it is known that retailers are getting some or hoping to get some then there maybe people who donít commit for various reasons and just think to order from the retailer if the project happens.

I think itís great that retailers are getting onboard but fear itís not all roses.

Quite possibly true, but Iíd expect the number of people making that sort of decision to be significantly smaller than orders from the retail supporters (then selling at a higher price) - I guess time will tell

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: May 24, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
On the one hand I know what you mean - if people think retailers will get on board and theyíll have the chance to buy when items are released then why pay up front? However thatís a very curious psychology given theyíll be paying more, I canít see that many people would do that.

I know Iíd always back Ben and Mike directly, indeed I think Iíve bought at least one of everything so far! Itís brilliant that the Ďbig boysí of retail are getting involved, and whilst itís perhaps unfortunate theyíve gone live with the price as a placeholder itís great to know there are more sources for items should one get non-buyers remorse. I still wish Iíd bought a second rake of TEAs!

Offline monkey_brains

• Awards
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
Any news guys on when you'll be pressing the button on the 92s?  seems an age since the samples showed up to tempt us all

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:35 AM »

Hello all,

We are hoping that Rapido will be telling us they are ready to begin Class 92 production very soon. 

At the moment I am doing final checks on livery variations and details.

Incidentally, Gareth Bayer from Rapido, who designed the Pendolino and is designing the 92, will be on our stand at TINGS this year on Saturday (or perhaps Sunday - arrangements not quite finalised) so if you have any feedback or future suggestions please come and share.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline monkey_brains

• Awards
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2018, 10:16:17 AM »
Sounds good Ben - they seem to have been 'nearly ready' for an age!

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2018, 10:42:08 AM »
Sounds good Ben - they seem to have been 'nearly ready' for an age!

Hi there,

I hear what you are saying but don't forget that this is a new chassis and while the couplers are not as complex as the Pendolino Rapido want to be sure the mechanism and electrics/electronics are thoroughly tested before final production begins.  And that process necessarily takes a while.

For a model with a proven chassis then production can be more speedy, but the importance of testing and development on an all-new model cannot be overstated. 

cheers

Ben A.

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2018, 11:15:41 AM »
I think we'd all rather they were right too. Plus the longer they take the more I keep deciding I need another one! Must stop now.

Offline monkey_brains

• Awards
« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »
Plus the longer they take the more I keep deciding I need another one! Must stop now.

I know that feeling - I have a serious quantity on order now lol!

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
I've actually forgotten, it's either 6 or 7, but that alone is probably indicative it's too many  :doh:

Offline monkey_brains

• Awards
« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2018, 11:44:18 AM »
Snap - I've a nasty idea I may even have more than that on order  :doh:

Offline nobby

• N Gauge Society Number: 21612
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: August 23, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
TBH i wasnt sure which ones to order so i ordered all of them in the end with the unbranded one useful for spares. ,which in the case of the pendolino, i ordered a spare unit because at the time didnt know if spares would be available or not , and trying to get some simple spares for my own sets of pendolinos has proved difficult, which is a niggle more than anything serous and doesnt stop enjoying the sets but really should not happen, so i am all for ben saying about throughly testing the chassis and parts , and am looking forward to these locos, just would be nice for dapol to do some mk3 sleeper coaches as when this is released it properly will l be the third loco in Caledonia sleeper livery with no coaches RTR

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: August 23, 2018, 11:28:05 AM »
Small hijack - the sleepers are available as a shapeways 3D print , Dapol you never know!

Back to topic  class 92 looking good !  hopefully production will be a swift affair and it will be good to see progress at TINGS

Robert

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #419 on: August 23, 2018, 11:38:59 AM »
The Electra vinyls look good for the Sleepers too, Iíve done both the CS teal ones and the barbie ones. If you use the Shapeways bodies you still need to do some mk2s, and without a decent mk2d then a repaint is difficult.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything