!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Bachmann Class 40  (Read 28034 times)

Offline msr

• Trade Count: (+17)
    • Awards
Re: Bachmann Class 40
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »
Another way forwards would be to reset all the CVs on the decoder back to how they were originally by entering CV8 = 8 with the loco on the programming track. This needs DCC, of course.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:01:55 AM by msr »

Offline oreamnos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17217
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
Yes, the DC blanking plug of the like new loco s still wrapped in the original unopened plastic bag.  I did run the new loco on DC after I installed a blanking plug that I took out of another Class 40 of mine and it ran fine.  It also runs fine on DC with another, non-sound, DCC chip installed.  It just won't run with the sound fitted chip.

Thanks for clarifying its 12v across the pond.

Matt

Offline oreamnos

• N Gauge Society Number: 17217
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2019, 10:42:52 AM »
It won't be the voltage - 12V is plenty. Never heard of a DCC handbrake, but most decoders can be programmed to enable/disable DC operation. I suggest you get a fellow club member to check it over and reprogram it as needed.
Page 3 of the instructions for the sound fitted 40 in the section "Working Loco Brakes" states: "The brake key (f2) can be used to simulate 'brake testing'...f2 must be set to Latch [follow your DCC controller's instructions]...the model will not move in response to throttle movements but the engine power sounds will increase in line with the throttle position."

So now you've heard of a DCC handbrake!  :-)

Matt

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
IConsider me enlightened.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31