!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Steve's Carriage and Wagon Works  (Read 33248 times)

Offline Stevie DC

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Steve's Carriage and Wagon Works
« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2020, 09:41:39 PM »
It's been quite from me the last couple of days. Following the stay at home order, I've relocated to my girlfriends so that she won't be on her own for the next three weeks. Naturally, some modelling bits and pieces came with me and progress on the teak rake is continuing.

Decals applied to the first side of the Buffet.

Both BTKs exist - the back one had just been rinsed following some minor remedial work.

Offline Paddy

• N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
As always Steve, lovely models but... this has to be one of the best quotes so far during all this CV19 stuff:

“Following the stay at home order, I've relocated to my girlfriends so that she won't be on her own for the next three weeks.”

This certainly made me chuckle.  Men - you got to love us!  :D

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Offline Stevie DC

• Awards
« Reply #377 on: Yesterday at 11:59:12 PM »
Well a few days of settling in and adjusting to this new lifestyle saw little modelling done. However, I have now started the push towards finishing the two Brake Thirds for the Cambridge set. The teaking has been completed and, weather permitting, I'll be able to seal the oil paints tomorrow. Sorry no photos of the coach bodies as the light isn't good enough to show the teak effect.

I've also made a start on the bogies and assembled all the batter boxes and brake gear.

You may have noticed that one bogie has also been assembled. I've got another three to make - here is the flat etch.

Despite appearances, they're not too difficult to assemble (but are time consuming). With luck, tomorrow will see the other three assembled. Then I just need to order some more wheelsets as I've run out!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £5.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
 8%
April Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal