!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Intermountain 3bay ACF kits  (Read 58 times)

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15978
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Intermountain 3bay ACF kits
« on: February 17, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
Bought two of these intermountain kits last year as a bargain with the intent of using them as a test for a new style of weathering I've seen done on YouTube! For a change I've had an hour or so today -so up to the bench -out with the gear -off with the lids !!

OMG you need a magnifier to see some of the bits -let alone glue them on !!
Mainly plastic kit but with an etched metal walkway on the roof -kit includes bogies /wheels and some dodgy looking coupling -more later on them . After a lot of swearing and chasing bits across my bench I've ended up with this one to start.

I'm pleased with the outcome -but not the bogie /coupling combo -tried them on my test track -they seemed stiff and kept derailing the car on corners -so out with the conversion box and notes ----microtrains say 1000 bogies with short couplings -only one problem --

EMPTY AGAIN !!! Will order some Monday  -but I robbed some off another conversion to try -and yay -bliss -smooth running -no uncoupling !!

Will rewatch the video on You tube and have a go with it -will post the results !
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice !! You don't get another go at it
And I was Born ready .

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £185.00
Below Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
February Donations