!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 199453 times)

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3525 on: August 14, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »

First you see the Union Mills J26, 65761, with the return pickup goods.  It left Worcester Shrub Hill goods yard at 2050 and should reach Aylesbury at 2230.

Thank you Laurence.

That Union Mills 'J26' is a lovely little locomotive.

1 hr 40 mins is a very impressive time for a pick-up goods to travel from Worcester to Aylesbury.  How far is it - 65/70 miles or so?

Great films, as always.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3526 on: August 15, 2019, 07:32:54 AM »
1 hr 40 mins is a very impressive time for a pick-up goods to travel from Worcester to Aylesbury.  How far is it - 65/70 miles or so?

Great films, as always.

Best wishes.

John
I am still working on the timetable so the times may need to be changed.  I will eventually add the mileages and then recalculate the arrival and departure times at the beginning and end of each journey.  The current journey times are simply a first guess.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3527 on: August 15, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
Today, it was our day for visiting the hairdressers.  I had an early appointment, but I had time to visit the Train Shed.  I am now running the remaining trains that I need to complete the library of videos.  Today it was the turn of Tiverton Castle, with the UP Dragon Beach Express and Royal Ulster Rifleman with the DOWN South Midlander.  First we see Tiverton Castle emerge from Gatsby Tunnel.  It left Paddington at 0610 and will eventually arrive at Pwllheli at 1110.  It rushes through Burnham Rocks Cutting at 70mph.

Next up is Royal Ulster Rifleman rushing through Burnham Rocks Cutting and into the tunnel mouth.  It left Wolverhampton High Level at 0800 and is scheduled to arrive at Marylebone at 1010.

On the way back, I visited our U3A business secretary because she was having trouble transferring the newsletter to my Dropbox account.  It took quite a bit of sorting, but I eventually sorted it all out for her.  I didnít get another session in the Train Shed today because I am busy stripping out my little office in readiness for the joiner next week.  I am taking down all the makeshift shelving that I put up when we moved in so that he can make some proper units for me.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3528 on: August 16, 2019, 07:12:15 PM »
Friday has come round once again and it was time to carry out all my routine chores.  I managed to finish most of them in time to have a Train Shed session before coffee.  I continued with the completion of the missing runs, so here you see Cranmore Hall with the 0509 from Hereford Barrs Court, scheduled to arrive a Paddington at 0731.  It has left Marton Hinmarche station and appears under London Road Bridge before heading out through Burnham Rocks Cutting and disappearing into Gatsby Tunnel.

About forty minutes later, Forthampton Grange emerges from Gatsby Tunnel with the 0729 from Paddington, which is scheduled to arrive at Hereford Barrs Court at 0951.  It rushes through Burnham Rocks Cutting before beginning to slow to stop at Platform 2.

After the video session, I had time to move the branch trains into position for the start of the new timetable.  First, in the Shipton run-around, I ran 6713 with its branch goods from its run-around loop and out into Black Horse Cutting.  Then I pulled 5572 forward beyond the points and reversed it into the loop vacated by 6713.  After that, I reversed 6713 into the vacant loop.  At the Norton end of the Branch, I pulled 4571 forward beyond the points and, finally, reversed it into the other loop.  So now the branch trains are ready to run once the new timetable is invoked.

I printed out the new timetable this morning so, once all the remaining filming is complete, I will be in a position to restart timetable operations.  I have been looking at distances between stations and I now have some idea of new timings for the new timetable.  I hope to incorporate them soon.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3529 on: August 17, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »
Today, being Saturday, we walked into Hessle to the butchers first thing, as is our custom.  When we returned, we had coffee before I made time for a quick session in the Train Shed.  In todayís video sequences, 61664 Liverpool with the 0957 from Worcester Shrub Hill as it emerges under the London Road Bridge after restarting from Platform 3.  Itís next stop is Aylesbury and it is scheduled to arrive at Norwich Thorpe at 1253.

Then we see 5572 rushing out of Gatsby Tunnel with the 1129 from Marylebobne, before it begins to brake to stop at Platform 2.  It will eventually arrive Notingham Midland at 1436.

That concludes all the passenger in-fill videos, but there are still some goods sequences that require filming.

I have been very busy for the last few days because the joiner will arrive on Monday and we needed to empty all our wardrobes and, in addition, I needed to empty my small office.  So I have moved our little trailer out of the garage put a blanket down in its place.  After that I removed my desk extension and supporting pillar, before beginning to empty the wall shelves.  I had to pack all the books into removal boxes and now it is all finished, apart from my desk and computer.  They will eventually have to be removed, ready for moving into a new position.  The result is that I have had to limit my visits to the Train Shed.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3530 on: Yesterday at 06:17:24 PM »
Today was the final day of preparation before the joiner arrives in the morning.  I began the day with a short session in the Train Shed.  Todayís little video involves J26 65761 hauling the pickup goods, on its way to Marton Hinmarche goods depot.  It left Aylesbury at 0850 and it takes just an hour to reach to the goods depot, where it will wait for the goods to be unloaded and loaded.  It emerges from Gatsby Tunnel and trundles through Burnham Rocks Cutting, eventually disappearing under London Road Bridge.

I now have only the final part of the UP run of the fish train to film, plus three sequences with the coal train.  There is only one of the latter missing but, unfortunately, I filmed a couple of them with 3846 hauling the train but with the Union Mills G2, 49368 at the head of the train for all the others.  So I will need to refilm the two filmed with 3846, otherwise it will appear that the loco mysteriously transforms as it passes under London Road Bridge.  After that, I have some coaches to swap around so that the two trains that ply between Paddington and Herford both have buffet cars and the other two long distance trains both have a restaurant car.  The South Midlander already has two restaurant cars and the Dragon Beach Express will have an additional buffet car added adjacent to its restaurant car.

After coffee, I spent the rest of the morning harvesting.  I picked runner beans, French beans, Borlotti beans and peas, before pulling a cabbage then lifting carrots and potatoes.  I also picked tomatoes and blackberries, but which time I was ready for something to eat.

In the afternoon, it was on with getting ready for the joiner and stowing on top of the garage joists various bits that I had been dismantling.  However, after a cup of tea, I managed to do a little bit in the garden.  While the joiner is here next week, I should get some quality time in the Train Shed.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #3531 on: Yesterday at 09:16:02 PM »
progressing nicely. particularly impressive around london road bridge