!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 192849 times)

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3270 on: May 21, 2019, 09:10:14 PM »
Today, we had a normal morning visit to the gym and I had my usual early session in the Train Shed.  I began with a running session, but I decided to spend the time filming the UP leg board using my tripod.  So I filmed 4571 running between Oakwood Tunnel and the Station board.  After some other operational running, I filmed 92006 with the Fish Train, again running between Oakwood tunnel and the station board.  The Fish Train was the 1530 from Bristol Midland Road goods depot with empty returns to Grimsby.  Then I filmed 46443 with its four coaches running between the station board and Oakwood Tunnel.

I have included the three snippets here so you can see the effect of the tripod, as opposed to the hand-held camera that I have used before.  First you see 4571 emerge from Oakwood Tunnel.

The next snippet is 92006 on the mainline.

Then comes 46443 with a down local.

When I had finished running trains and filming, a carried on with fence painting.  First, I put the finishing touches to the fences I had painted over the last few days and then I began painting some of the later ones.  Hopefully, by tomorrow, I should have finished the first side of all of the fence sections.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3271 on: May 21, 2019, 09:35:21 PM »
thank you laurence for sharing - lovely woodwork by the way. and pleased you received the LMS working timetables. look forward to the next instalments
blue / grey era diesels / electrics and suitable stock

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #3272 on: May 22, 2019, 08:14:31 AM »
I have included the three snippets here so you can see the effect of the tripod, as opposed to the hand-held camera that I have used before. 

Looks nice L, smooth panning and good focus.

Cheers  :beers:

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3273 on: May 22, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
It was another morning at the gym today.  Before I went, as is my custom, I had a session in the Train Shed.  First I ran another sub-cycle and filmed three snippets as before.  Then I made a little more progress with the fence painting.  But imagine my chagrin when I downloaded the video snippets.  It would appear that, somehow, I failed to set the camera rolling for the first snippet without realising that it was not running.  So when I thought I was stopping the filming, I actually turned it on.  Thus, for following two snippets, I filmed the bits in between and failed to film the trains.

After the gym we went to B&Q to buy some bags of sharp sand for laying brick paving.  In the afternoon, surprise, surprise, I spent a happy time laying brick paving.  After a cup of tea, I returned to the Train Shed and filmed three more snippets so that I would have something to post today.  Hereís the first, 5572 on its way from Shipton to Marton Hinmarche.

Then 6837 Forthampton Grange emerged from Oakwood Tunnel with the 1309 from Hereford, destined to arrive at Paddington at 1531.

Finally, we have 80119 with an all-stations from Aylesbury to Worcester.

I hope you liked the little snippets and hope to be able to show you something of the scenery progress soon.

With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3274 on: May 22, 2019, 07:55:22 PM »
thank you laurence

hope your pleased with the snippets, the evening entertainment
for me thus far

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #3275 on: May 22, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
Nice to see your  trains running a lot better nowadays Laurence, more feeds and the change to Cobalt point motors seems to have improved things no end. The only thing is give me a chance to count the coaches, I never did manage to see how many Forthampton Grange was pulling, it must be the school boy still left in me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:19:44 PM by lil chris, Reason: spelling »
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #3276 on: May 23, 2019, 06:32:54 AM »
Looking very good Laurence, does the camera have a zoom to allow you to zoom out as you pan to add dramatic effect?

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3277 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:32 AM »
Nice to see your  trains running a lot better nowadays Laurence, more feeds and the change to Cobalt point motors seems to have improved things no end. The only thing is give me a chance to count the coaches, I never did manage to see how many Forthampton Grange was pulling, it must be the school boy still left in me.
Forthampton Grange pulls eight coaches, as does 61664, Liverpool.  Cranmore Hall has nine and Eire ten.  The two expresses pull eleven (Tiverton Caslte) and twelve (Royal Ulster Rifleman).   
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3278 on: May 23, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »
Looking very good Laurence, does the camera have a zoom to allow you to zoom out as you pan to add dramatic effect?

I do have a 25-400 zoom, but I generally zoom in and pan round first to try to get the best magnification and then film all the way round with that setting.  I have tried zooming with hand held shots but it is a bit violent and also makes a noise on the film.  I may try it a bit more once I am happy with the current technique.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Spanners70

• Awards
« Reply #3279 on: May 23, 2019, 10:04:42 AM »
Coming along nicely Laurence, as lil Chris saidthough I always watch the clips and being sad count the wagons or coaches but the clips mainly concentrate on the locos or a few or the rolling stock and then clip stops and the next bit. Any chance we can have some clips where the whole train goes past for us saddos to watch/count the coaches and wagons ? Promise I donít count rivets though !

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3280 on: May 23, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
Whole trains should be visible when I make the clips through the station.  All the video clips will eventually by put together to make whole film sequences, like the ones I showed recently.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3281 on: May 23, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
Today I had an early appointment at the hairdressers and so there was no early Train Shed visit.  When I returned, there were a lot of tasks related to websites to carry out and so I didnít get to the Train Shed until it was nearly time to go out again.  The day before yesterday, 6417 was really playing up and wouldnít run without setting the acceleration to zero, so I decided to try and sort it out with the IPA treatment and a running loop.  While we were out, we both managed to vote and then stayed out for a fish and chip dinner.

In the afternoon, there was more gardening to do but, after a cup of tea, I did manage a short session in the Train Shed.  I had set 6417 running before I started on the garden, so I first had to park it back in the correct loop before starting the runs.  I managed another three snippets.  Hereís 46443 on its way from Evenbury to Marton Hinmarche.

After that, it was the turn of 92006 to make its DOWN run to Bristol. 

Finally, 4571 took the branch passenger off to Shipton.  Unfortunately, I thought I would try to be clever and zoom in a bit as it went off towards Oakwood Tunnel, but I made a hash of it and zoomed it right out of the picture.

I think I will leave live zooming for a while until I have practised thoroughly.  I really will try to continue the fence painting tomorrow.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3282 on: May 23, 2019, 09:49:02 PM »
superb videos thank you

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3283 on: May 24, 2019, 08:07:51 PM »
Today was weekly jobs day.  By coffee time, I had completed most of them and after coffee I refilled all the bird feeders.  I had a new sack truck delivered today because the old one had a flat tyre and the valve had disappeared into the tyre.  In trying to get the tyre off to see if I could recover the valve, I managed to puncture the inner tube.  When I investigated, the cost of two new wheels (one for a spare) was nearly as much as a new sack truck, so I order the new truck instead.  I simply fitted one of the new wheels (which donít come fitted) to the original sack truck and stowed the new one, plus wheel, in the eaves of the garage.  Then I inflated the tyres to 30psi.  I think I need to check the pressures each time I use it (which isnít too frequently) to make sure they are inflated correctly, which should stop the inner tube from moving under the tyre.  That allowed me to wheel the remaining bags of sharp sand round to the back garden.  I also cleaned some of the blanket weed from the pond at the front of the house, throwing the snails and tadpoles back into the pond.

Our fruit and vegetables are not doing very well this year.  For the first time ever, one of the seed potatoes has not come through.  The parsnips are not too bad (nor too good) but the carrots are awful.  Of those that originally emerged, most have disappeared again, with no sign of dying nor slug damage.

Anyway, in the afternoon, I managed a session in the Train Shed and had a running session.  There are only two snippets today because one of the locos was 45206 with the milk train, which ran in the opposite direction to the DOWN leg board, which is where I am filming at the moment.  In the first snippet, 6713 emerges from Oakwood Tunnel with the branch goods.

In the second, you see Ditcheat Manor with a DOWN parcels train.

After the running session, I completed the first pass of all the fencing.  Some is now complete on both sides and a lot has only one side painted and is awaiting the second application to the other side. 

Then, after a cup of tea, I planed some more carrot seeds between the original rows of carrots.  Our Sunset apple, which had loads of fruit last year, didnít have any blossom at all this year.  It must have been a bad winter.  The drought conditions (nay, desert conditions) in the first three months of this year certainly didnít help.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3284 on: May 25, 2019, 09:22:01 PM »
Today was a fine day and we enjoyed our walk into Hessle this morning.  Before we went, I had time for an early session in the Train Shed.  When I arrived, I found that the Anglo-French fencing contractor, Foil and …pťe, had begun to errect the fencing on the land to the east end of Black Horse Cutting. 

Then I began an operating session.  First on the scene was 80119 with an all stations from Worcester to Aylesbury.  So far, although all three video snippets have uploaded onto YouTube, none of them has been processed.  I have tried using three different browsers and it appears to be a problem with YouTube.  I hope they will be able to sort it out soon or there will be nothing for you to see.  I have tried deleting and reuploading, but the same thing happens every time.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Then 61664 made its way through Black Horse Cutting with the 1409 from Norwich Thorpe, scheduled to arrive at Worcester Shrub Hill at 1701.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Finally, 5572 with the branch passenger for Shipton departed from Marton Hinmarche.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

After Coffee, I had some more back-braking work in the garden, digging shovelling and trial-laying of bricks and tiles. In the afternoon, after a cup of tea, I made it down to the Train Shed again.  When I arrived, I found that some more fencing had been erected.

I then carried on with the fence painting and completed the first side of every piece of fencing and all but the last section of the reverse side.  By the time I had finished, the fencing contractor had positioned more fencing ready for erecting in the morning

So things are beginning to move again on the scenery front.  However, I feel that the big issue is how to lay out the town itself.

With the terrible events at the Market Deeping show in Stamford, it has reminded me of what we did more that forty years ago when we had exhibitions.  We exhibited in a small marquee and there was a lot of expensive equipment in there.  In order to maintain security, we had volunteers sleeping overnight in a sleeping bag on an air bed.  Not that there would have been any trouble with Welding Willie in the tent.  We had a larger than life mock-up of a welder in a welding suit, wearing a welding mask and holding a welding torch in one hand, which we called Welding Willie.  One night, when there was a thunderstorm, he looked like Frankensteinís monster in the light of the lightning flashes.  I think any interloper would have run a mile!
With kind regards
Laurence

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41%