!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 176726 times)

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3180 on: April 13, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
Today, being Saturday, was the day for walking into Hessle to the butchers.  I didnít have a Train Shed session before we went because I had a busy day ahead and wanted to get on with the video editing before we set out.  I struggled trying to shoehorn the new shots into an existing sequence and, in the end, I gave up and started from scratch again.

After we returned we had coffee, before I set out again to walk into Hessle for the envelope stuffing session.  By the end, my wrists and shoulders were quite sore, but they did keep us well plied with coffee and cake/biscuits.  I gave up at 13:00 and came home for dinner.  But not before I had been inveigled into a photo session tomorrow.  So, after something to eat, I set about planting the potatoes and then followed that up by sowing the parsnip and carrot seeds.  I had intended to do the latter in the morning but, with the impending photo session, I thought I would get that all out of the way today. 

After a cup of tea, I netted the seeded areas to prevent the blackbirds from ripping the soil apart again and then gave the whole of the back garden, including the newly planted potatoes, parsnips and carrots, a thorough soaking with the hosepipe.  We have only had 2mm of rain this month, so the total for the year is still only 41mm.  Eventually, I made it down to the Train Shed and fixed all the fencing into place using tiny bits of Tacky Wax to stick each section to the backscene.  Hereís the overall result.

I donít think it looks too bad, although there are still some paintwork defects.  Hereís a closer shot looking into Black Horse Cutting.

And this is looking towards Oakwood Cutting.

Finally, a shot looking the other way.

You can see the defects in the painting and I will need to lift some of the sections to make the corrections.  I didnít want to fixt the fencing permanently to the backscene in case I damaged the latter in the event that I would need to remove it, which I will need to do to correct the paint defects.

On a brighter not, hereís the next video sequence (9c).

Iím not sure how much time I will have in the Train Shed tomorrow because of the photo session in the morning.  In the afternoon, we are going to a concert of the East Riding Brass Band.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3181 on: April 13, 2019, 08:22:39 PM »
superb lawrence

looks like your in the country on a fine day !!!!! chris
blue / grey era diesels / electrics and suitable stock

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3182 on: April 14, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »
Today, I had to go out for a photo shoot after coffee (donít ask!) so I had to get dressed for going out first thing.  That meant no painting in the train Shed, but I did have an operational session and managed some filming as well.  When I returned, it was time for something to eat because we had booked tickets for the local brass band concert.  They are not up to the standard of the BBCís Sounding Brass, but they are not too bad and we believe in supporting local people.

By the time we returned home it was time for a cup of tea and then all hands t the pumps to prepare the vegetables for tea.  We (actually Celia) put a shoulder of lamb in the Croc Pot before breakfast, but the vegetables needed to go in the oven.  We are still using our own potatoes, but they wonít last much longer.  Once that was done, I settled down to upload the next video (10a).

Things are getting a bit tight for Train Shed activities at the moment.  Tomorrow, we have table tennis in the morning and on Tuesday and Wednesday, we are off to Oxford for the completion of Celiaís dental treatment.  Then itís all hands to the pumps for the sitting room project.  We are having oak flooring installed, starting on Easter Tuesday.  So, before then, we have to empty all the sitting room cupboards, dressers and drawers so that they can be moved.  Then I will have to move everything from one side to the other so that I can tear up (literally) the carpet on that side and, after that, move everything over to that side so that I can tear up the carpet on the other side.  The joiner will then lay the new flooring on the empty side and we will then move everything to the other side so that he can complete the work.  Phew! And I say that just thinking about it!
With kind regards
Laurence

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3183 on: April 14, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »
 :hellosign: Thanks for the latest videos & your fencing looking good. Good luck with floor mate, not a nice job to do
     regards Derek.

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3184 on: April 15, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »
Today, as expected, I had no time to visit the Train Shed.  We had table tennis in the morning and I didnít visit before we went because my sinus infection has blown up again and I felt a bit grotty.  After we returned and changed it was time for something to eat.  In the afternoon, I had to take Celia to a meeting, together with a couple of large bags of various items.  Before we went, I had a go at editing the video clips I had recorded yesterday, but managed to make a real pigís ear of it and ruined one of the previous editing sessions.  Fortunately, I use Dropbox and there is the ability to recover earlier versions and I managed to restore the damaged one.

After I returned from that venture, I had to deliver some more letters to postal voters, by which time I felt all-in.  But, eventually, I returned to collect Celia and, on the way home, we made a detour to deliver a colleague to Brough station to catch the next London Train.  After we returned home, I finished the video editing and also uploaded the next video to YouTube.

This is the twenty-ninth little video in the full sequence of forty-eight.  It represents the train movements at Marton Hinmarche around 11:30 on the third day of timetable operations.  The highlight of the sequence is the non-stop South-Midlander hauled by Rebuilt Scot, 46122 ĎRoyal Ulster Riflemaní which left Wolverhampton Low Level at 10:20, calling at Worcester shrub Hill at 11:10.  Itís next stop is Aylesbury at 11:45, before going on to London Marylebone, arriving at 1215.  Before it appears, Small Panier 4571 arrives at 11:25 from Shipton and Ivatt Mogul, 46443, reaches Platform 3 at 11:27.  In the background, 5572 runs around its train in the Shipton loops before 46443 leaves at 11:33 for Kingly, followed by 4571, which departs for Norton at 11:35.

Tomorrow, of course, we are off to Oxford, but I may get a short session in the Train Shed before we go.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3185 on: April 16, 2019, 06:19:30 AM »
:hellosign: Thanks for the latest videos & your fencing looking good. Good luck with floor mate, not a nice job to do
     regards Derek.
Thankyou Derek. 
If you would like to see any of them again, you could go to my YouTue channel (Laurence Howe)
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Red & white Trafalgar Square
    • Awards
« Reply #3186 on: April 16, 2019, 06:27:41 AM »
The fence along the top of the railway embankment looks very prototypical, and provides a good lead-in to the backscene.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3187 on: April 16, 2019, 06:44:06 AM »
Laurence. Fence looks realistic. Timetable need tweaking if its fictional that good.  have a good trip to oxford . Worth a hunt in the model shop well antique bits, down carfax road, its an odd shop and ive been in there before being nosey

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3188 on: April 16, 2019, 08:13:50 PM »
Here we are, safely installed in the Holiday Inn at Pear Tree Bridge.  My cough is no better and, if anything, somewhat worse.  This was compounded by the fact the heating in the room failed to raise the temperature after an hour and we had to call the maintenance engineer to get it going, but everything is fine now.

I have been playing with the Ďrealí timetable and there is still lots to do.  But I hope that, in the Ďalternative 1959í of the Aylesbury and Worcester, there will be room for a lot of slight changes to the real world.  For example, the Dragon Beach Express would have had to change locos at Shrewsbury and shed some of its coaches.  Also, beyond Afonwen Junction, there would have been further restrictions.  However, in the World of Marton Hinmarche, the route availability to Pwllheli has been increased to allow Tiverton Castle to complete the whole journey.  Also, in our world, there is a turntable at Pwllheli to enable the Castle to be turned ready for the return journey.  Also, I need to adjust the timetable so that the milk train and the pick-up goods continue their journeys on the same day that they arrive.  But it is work in progress.

In the meantime, hereís the next little video.

The centre point of this little video is the arrival, at 1224, of the milk train which left Worcester at 1152.  On this occasion, it will remain at the creamery platform over night for the milk to be unloaded, processed and reloaded, ready for onward shipment to Aylesbury tomorrow.  The first train to arrive in this video is the branch goods, headed by 6713, which left Norton at1155 and pulls up at the goods end of Platform 4 at 1220.  Ditcheat Manor, with a parcels train, arrives at Platform 2 at 1221, having left Aylesbury at 1146.  Once all the trains have arrived, Small Prairie 4571 runs round its train in the Norton run-around.  Then, at 1239, Ditcheat Manor departs for Worcester and, one minute later, 6713 sets off for Shipton.

We should be home again by teatime tomorrow, but time in the Train Shed is going to be a bit sparse over the next few days because of all the work that needs to be done to prepare for the joiner next week.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3189 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
thank you for the story and the journey your describing, safe trek over west to east and here is to the next instalment

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3190 on: April 17, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »
We arrived safely home this afternoon, although I still feel pretty grotty.  My voice sounds like a 32ft organ pipe and I am still coughing, but at least I managed to drive all the way home and get us here in one piece.  After breakfast, I received a call on my mobile from the Palletline man saying he was outside our house.  I told him that I had specifically requested a Thursday delivery and he said it was no problem and he would be here at the same time tomorrow.

I didnít feel at all like going to the Train Shed today, because I donít feel tickety boo, as John would say.  But I hope to be able to do a little there tomorrow, in between all the preparations for the joiner.  I did manage to upload the next video but, when I played it, I realised that there was a bad typo in one of the captions and so I had to re-edit it and export it all over again.  However, eventually, I managed to upload the corrected version.

In this little video, 4915 Cranmore Hall arrives at Platform 3 at 1329 from Hereford Barrs Court, leaving at 1215 and calling at Worcester Shrub Hill at 1304.  It is only scheduled a two-minute stop and departs for London Paddington at 1331, calling at Aylesbury at 1351 and arriving at Paddington at 1423.  Before it arrives, Small Prairie, 5572, arrives at Platform 4 from Shipton at 1325 and standard 2-6-4T, 80119, arrives at Platform 2 from Kingly at 1327.  While all the trains are in the station, Panier Tank 6713 runs round the branch goods in the Shipton loops.  After Cranmore Hall departs, 80119 leaves for Evenbury and 5572 sets off for Norton.

Iíll keep you all posted about progress tomorrow.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3191 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:51 PM »
Hopefully you will feel a lot better tomorrow Laurence.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3192 on: April 18, 2019, 07:48:03 PM »
I didnít go down to the woods (sorry Train Shed) today, not because of a teddy bears picnic, but because we had a lot to do and I still feel pretty chesty.  However, we managed to clear everything out of the sitting room and I took down the curtain fittings, etc.  Tomorrow, I will be able to start on ripping out the carpet, but not before we go out briefly to see if we can get some hot cross buns and a couple of Easter eggs.  I also need some more ibuprofen and cough syrup.  However, I did manage to upload the next little video.

The highlight of this little video is the coal and mineral train, hauled by Bowen-Cooke G2 49368, making its very slow progress from Gatsby Tunnel, through the station and, eventually, into Oakwood Tunnel.  It started from Aylesbury at 1330 and will finally arrive at Coventry marshalling yard some five hours later.  While it is plodding along, first Small Prairie 4571 emerges from Gatsby Tunnel on the branch with its single coach from Norton, arriving at Platform 4 at 1425, while Ivatt Mogul 46443 arrives at Platform 3 from Evenbury at 1427.  5572 runs around its train in the Norton run-around before 46443 departs for Kingly and then 4571 departs for Shipton.

I have managed to make some more progress on my Ďrealí timetable.  I have decided to make it, initially as a seven day timetable, Monday to Sunday, with a separate timetable for each day and then rationalise the running for the story line.  The ploan, eventually, is to condense it down to three timetables, Monday to Friday, Saturdays and Sundays.  Iíll post something from the results, once Iím a bit nearer the end product.

Hopefully, I will be able to carry out another filming session tomorrow, because I have only one more video in the can so, after tomorrow, I will run out of videos unless I make some more.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #3193 on: April 18, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »
start on ripping out the carpet,

Just a gentle word of warning Laurence - no matter how clean a house is, carpet will always hold dust. Especially with your chest being as it is, can I suggest you wear some sort of mask when lifting the carpet?  :beers:
@Innovationgame
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3194 on: April 19, 2019, 06:56:01 AM »
Just a gentle word of warning Laurence - no matter how clean a house is, carpet will always hold dust. Especially with your chest being as it is, can I suggest you wear some sort of mask when lifting the carpet?  :beers:
I'll be careful.  Thanks for the tip.
With kind regards
Laurence

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP