!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 186470 times)

Offline Graham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3000 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:49 PM »
looking good Laurence, I have been using wet and dry for a number of years to represent a tarmac roadway, if you can get it on a roll even better than sheets.

cheers
Graham

Online Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3001 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »
When the catís away, the mice will play.  So, today should have been my weekly jobs day, but the joiner has gone and so we decided to have a day out, or at least, part of a day out.  However, we normally leave departure until about 0930 to allow the morning peak traffic to dissipate, so I managed to get quite a few of the jobs done.  That still left me time to have an early session in the Train Shed. 

I ran the first full cycle (1a/b/c) of the newly prepared version of the timetable.  5572 still needed a nudge to get started from the Shipton run-around and again from Platform 4.  All the branch uncoupling worked, although 6713 required about three shunts to drop the Toad brake van.  Everything else would have been perfect, apart from the fact that I forgot to reset the crossover to and from the Milk Loop from the UP main.  I found out when poor 6713 caused a short circuit at the first set of points it encountered on leaving the station.  I had to reset the route and then start that bit again.

Our outing was fairly unsuccessful.  We went to John Lewis in York to try to buy new carpet runners for the newly finished hall floor.  In the past, we have always found John Lewis to have a very comprehensive selection of carpets and rugs.  But it seems that there has been a policy change and their selection now is very meagre, which was very disappointing.  But we did have a nice cup of coffee and we popped into M&S next door, where I bought some items that I had on my list.  So it wasnít a complete failure.  We were able to get home again in time for something to eat.

In the afternoon, I completed some more of my jobs before returning to the Train Shed.  I have decided to give 5572 a running-in session of several hours, as I did with 9744.  To that end, I first rand the next full cycle (2a/b/c) to free up a loop on the UP loops board.  That would allow me to run 5572 through the two home loops of the Milk Train and the pick-up goods.  Again, apart from 5572, which needed a couple more nudges, everything ran perfectly, including the branch decoupling in the run-arounds.  Hereís 64960 bringing in the pick-up goods.

You my have noticed that the wheel-locking has almost (but not quite completely) disappeared, much to my relief.  After that, I inverted 5572 in the loco cradle that I built out of EPS and added tiny spots of IPA to its drivers and rear pony wheels (because they also have pick-ups).  Then I set it on a couple of circuits.  There were some stops, but I hope that, if I run it for a long time tomorrow, it may improve.  Thatís the hope anyway.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3002 on: January 12, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »
We had a very busy day today.  Naturally, we started by walking into Hessle to the butchers, as usual.  I had an early session in the train shed, sending 5572 of on its endless circuits.  While it was going, I thought I would use the time to begin some scenic work that would not affect the tracks or running.  Having seen Kevinís efforts at weeping willows, I was inspired to have a go myself.  I decided to crib some of Rogerís tree-making techniques as you will see shortly.  First, I started with an 80mm length of 3-core mains cable (3 cores, each 24 X 0.2mm), reckoning that would give me a tree a scale 20 feet in height with branches hanging down nearly to the ground.

Then I slit the outer sleeving to extract the inner cores.

The conductors of each inner core were then removed from the inner sleeving.

This exposed a bundle of conductors ready for use.

I then began to twist what would be the lower half of the conductors together to begin to form the trunk.

After that, we went out and had a cup of coffee in Hessle before we walked home again.  It was after that that the busy period started in earnest.  First, there was a quick trip to the Train Shed to set 5572 running again.  Then I had to rebuild Celiaís Harry Potter Office.  That entailed moving the filing cabinets back under the stairs and adding the various bits and pieces that I had removed before the hallway work commenced.  Then I had to move her desk back in.  That involved removing all the drawers and taking of the desktop (a real one, not the one on her computer) and moving the pedestals into position before refitting the desktop.  After that, I relocated the printer back on top of the big filing cabinet and got it working on the Wi-Fi network.  Then I had to move her desktop computer with all the gubbins and get it running again.  That took me the rest of the morning.

In the afternoon, before I restarted work, I checked on 5572, only to find it had stopped again, so I had to restart it.  Then it was back to work.  I first moved the shoe cabinet back but, of course, the plug in the wall (for the securing screw) was too low and so I had to drill a new hole and fit a new plug.  Then I moved all the bookcases back and, of course, the same was true of the securing plugs, so more work was required.  While I was at it, I drilled the sides of the wide bookcase and secured the ends of the shelves with screws, because the sides were bowing outwards and allowing the shelves to relocate themselves (itís only an old IKEA unit).  We have ordered some new bookcases, but it will be a few weeks before they arrive and we didnít want to leave a pile of boxes of books in the sitting room for several weeks.

By that time, I needed a rest and returned to the Train Shed again.  5572 was again stationary and had to be restarted, so I may need to run it for quite a while yet.  But, back to the tree.  I twisted all the bottom halves of the wires together to form a trunk and soldered them together.

Then I began to bend down the individual wires, one at a time. 

It was quite a fiddly job, but eventually I was satisfied and stuck down the trunk with Tacky Wax to see what it might look like when finished.

Next, I need to spray it with a brown colour to make it look like bark.  Then, I will try using 1mm spring green static grass for the foliage.  I will keep you up to date with progress.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3003 on: January 13, 2019, 06:24:49 PM »
Today, we decided to go on a rug hunt.  Before we went, I had a session in the Train Shed.  I set 5572 running again and tried to spray the willow tree.  However, the combination of air brush and acrylic paint didnít work very well with the bare metal wires.  In the end, I left 5572 running and we went out. 

We began by collecting a roll of P1000 wet and dry paper that I ordered yesterday.  I intend to use it for tarmac surfaces.  Then we had a cup of coffee in B&Q before buying a couple of lamps for the conservatory light to replace the one that has failed.  Itís quite an unusual lamp, but not too difficult to get hold of, a miniature spot with an ES (E27) fitting.  They usually have an SES (E14) fitting.  Then we tried to find rugs that would fit our hall but, once again, we had no luck.

After we returned, I checked 5572, only to find it stopped at a set of points.  So I set it going again and went off to clear up all the debris outside the front door that had accumulated as a result of the hallway floor fitting.  I also had a number of other things to do to get everything back to normal.  In the afternoon, I managed another two short sessions in the Train Shed.  When I arrived, 5572 had stopped again.  I set it running and concentrated on the tree.  But, while I was working it stopped repeatedly, with ever increasing frequency.  I gave it another dose of IPA but that seemed to make it worse.  I then ran it in reverse without changing lines, so it was running bunker first on the wrong line.  That seemed to work for a while. 

I set up my WWS static platform with some 1mm spring green static grass and hovered the tree over it, so the static grass flew up to coat the dangling branches.  The trunk got covered as well, but I scraped some of that off.  There is some solder showing at the moment but I have ordered some brown heat shrink from Radiospares, which should give a good trunk effect.  I left it for the glue to set, with 5572 still running around.

When I returned, 5572 had stopped on a set of points and its rear pony wheels were causing a short circuit between the free switch blade and the stock rail.  I set it off again and took a couple of pictures of the tree. 

Hereís another view of it.

Itís nowhere near good enough yet, but it is only the first prototype, so Iím not too despondent.  While 5572 was running around, having caused another two shorts, I though I would assign its branch passenger to 9744.  I also moved 5572 onto the Ďrightí line, which resulted in much better running, although it stopped a couple of times by the London Road Bridge.  I then began a branch-only session using 9744 instead of 5572.  The little panier performed very well, although it did have a stall in each of the run-around loops.  But it uncoupled and recoupled very nicely and pulled the train well around the layout.

Tomorrow, I will finish the branch-only operations and try to get back to normal full timetable operations.  Iíll need to consider how to proceed with the weeping willow.  I may double up the number of strands and try to groom the dangling branches more carefully.  I will also have to think about various paint treatments and more suitable leaf material.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Phoenix

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3004 on: January 13, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »
Hi Laurence,

your weeping willow looks excellent  :D :thumbsup: :D

I did not think of using static grass for the foliage. I looks as though it has given it a finer more realistic look. I like it

Thanks for another great update. I enjoy your updates, and am always amazed how you manage to fit so much into your days :D :D :D

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:03:44 PM by Phoenix »

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3005 on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:29 PM »
I am always amazed how you manage to fit so much into your days
So am I!
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3006 on: January 14, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
Today was table tennis day, so I had a session in the Train Shed before we went.  I ran the remaining branch operations to get everything back to its starting position, ready to continue with the main operational timetable.  While that was going on, 5572 continued on its circuits, this time running in the forwards direction.  But it kept stopping several time per circuit, on each occasion with a rail joint midway along its driver train (that is a train of wheels, rather than one with carriages).  This seems strange because it runs perfectly well an inch or two either side of the problem joins, but not on the join itself.  Perhaps the vertical alignment is slightly out and the tyres of one or more of the drivers need a good clean.  Iíll have to investigate.  But, anyway, Iíve put 5572 back on the branch in place of 9744 and weíll see how it goes.  Then I started preparing a new willow tree.  I worked out a revised method of construction.

After table tennis, there were several household tasks that required my attention, including finishing the weekly jobs that I didnít complete on Friday.  A had another brief session in the Train Shed later and worked on the tree.  This time I stripped the insulation from all three conductors and then assembled all the individual strands to even them up as much as possible.  After that, I twisted the bottom half together to form the trunk and soldered them together.  Then, one by one, I carefully bent the free ends at right angles to the trunk so they fanned out, forming a wire disk.  My next job will be to apply PVA with a paint brush and then apply static grass in the same way as before.  However, this time I intend to use a darker shade of grass and mix in some 2mm grass in the hope that it will give a more realistic appearance.  Hopefully, I will be able to post some pictures tomorrow.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3007 on: January 15, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
Today was a bad day for Train Shed activities.  First, the gas man cometh.  So far, not quite like Flanders and Swan, but it could get that way.  The pressure of the boiler primary circuit has been dropping for months and I have reached a stage where it needs topping up more than once a week.  Then on Sunday the heating went off altogether.  I checked the boiler pressure and, although it was above the 1.0bar required for it to turn on, it was indicating low boiler pressure.  I let in some mains water and the pressure went up, but still now boiler.  So I let it top up to the maximum pressure available from the mains water, 2.5bar, but there was still no life.  I turned it off waited a few seconds and then turned it on again.  Still no luck.  I pressed the reset button and it went through the reset procedure, but there was still no life.  So I gave up and booked an engineerís visit.  The earliest appointment was Tuesday morning (today).

But, after about half an hour, the radiators started to get hot again.  How very strange!  Anyway, today I had to wait in the house for first the gas man and then for a delivery of some new hall carpet runners that I had ordered yesterday.  This meant there was no way I could visit the Train Shed this morning.  But the engineer called before 08:30, which was a good sign.  However, after an hour, he couldnít get the boiler to work under its correct set-up conditions and announced that it needed a new pressure sensor, which he would not be able to get until tomorrow.  That left us with no heating again.  I telephoned the HQ and, eventually, they agreed to get someone out today, but there was a snag.  There was no way to get hold of a pressure sensor until tomorrow. 

At this point I decided to repeat my actions of Sunday.  I increased the pressure, to no effect, switched the boiler off and on, again to no effect and then pressed the reset with the same result.  But, half an hour later, the boiler sprang into life again.  It really does seem that the pressure switch is only responding to excessively high pressure and, also, taking a long time to detect that the pressure is sufficient to switch on the boiler.  The gas man hasnít touched the skirting boards so far, but the boiler is in the loft, so Iím hoping to get away with not having to call out any other tradesmen.  But I do have to stay in again tomorrow.

Later, the carpets arrived and, by that time, Celia had returned from the gym.  So we had something to eat and I snatched a very brief session in the Train Shed.  I tried to apply some WWS PVA to what would become the dangling branches of the willow tree.  It wasnít very successful.  I need to find an adhesive that will stick to bare copper.  At the moment, it resembles a sweepís brush.

You can just make out some white spots of adhesive on some of the Ďbristlesí.  I then tried to apply some static grass, but I really need to find a better way to proceed.  I hope that, tomorrow, I will have more positive news to report.

There was a tiny bit of good news.  The brown heat shrink that I ordered from RS to sleeve the tree trunks arrived today.

There are five lengths, each 1.2m long so, at 40mm per tree, that should enable me to make 150 trees!

The day was rounded off with a bizarre visit to J Sainsbury.  When we entered, virtually all the fresh fruit and veg racks were empty with upturned boxes marked ďSorry sold outĒ.  Is this because they didnít receive deliveries, they had no staff to restock the shelves or panic buying earlier in the day?
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3008 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
Today was another of those days, rather like yesterday, but not so extreme.  Again, I had to wait in for the gas man, who didnít arrive until much later than he did yesterday.  However, I busied myself compiling the twice-yearly newsletter of the Solihull and District branch of the MS society.  We stay attached to them because Celia used to be chairman when we lived in Worcestershire and one of our remaining duties is as editors of the newsletter.  Eventually, the gas man arrived and completed the work.  But I still had a lot to do on the newsletter, so I didnít get down to the Train Shed until the afternoon.  I began by running the next full cycle (3a/b/c) which went quite well.  Yes, 5572 did have a couple of stops and its train decoupled on the exit from the Shipton run-around, but when things go reasonably well, it is quite pleasant to run the operational timetable.

After that, I had another look at the willow tree.  Itís not in too good a condition after my attempts yesterday and it may be as well to start again.  I have ordered some Humbrol primer, brown paint and thinners, which might become a basis for a good pre-treatment of the fronds before applying the PVA.  Thatís something I will have to work at.

Before leaving the Train Shed, I took a couple of Ďtrain spottingí photos of locos at rest.  First, there was Tiverton Castle.

And then Royal Ulster Rifleman.

Eventually, I would like to get rid of the yellow stripe on the cab side and the overhead wire flashes on the boiler and smoke deflectors, because I am running in 1959, long before electrification of the West Coast Main line.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #3009 on: January 16, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
Thank you, Laurence, for these two excellent photographs of interesting locomotives.

I used to think that I preferred the early BR emblem to the '1956 crest' but you photograph has made me realise that it is not as straightforward as that!  Thank you.

Best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1920s to the 1950s.

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3010 on: January 17, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »
Well, after the gas man, I think weíre going to need the fat man.  No, itís nothing to do with his stature, but we have a blocked drain.  Weíve been here almost five years and this is the third time the drain between the kitchen and the utility room has been blocked.  It always turns out to be a great ball of fat, which is strange considering that we donít use the stuff.  But the tiny particles of fat in the kitchen effluent must solidify and build up over the years, eventually coalescing into a solid lump.  Fortunately we have a contract that includes the heating, water supply, electricity and drains so, if necessary, Iíll call out Dyno Rod to clear the blockage.  In the meantime, we decided to put nothing down the kitchen sink and tip a packet of soda down when the level had fallen sufficiently, followed by boiling water.  If that failed to work, then it would be the fat man.

We had a very urgent and important committee meeting here this morning, but I had time for a session in the Train Shed first thing.  I ran the next timetable cycle (4a/b/c), which went without any real hitches, apart from 45572, ĎEireí, stalling on the exit points from Loop 3 and requiring a slight nudge.  So, all in all, it was an enjoyable operating session.  To give you an idea of what it is like running a timetable cycle, 4a runs like this:

1.   5572 starts from the Norton run-around.
2.   When 5572 emerges from Gatsby Tunnel, 80119 starts from DOWN Loop 13.
3.   When 5572 passes under the London Road Bridge, it begins to decelerate for the station, after which Eire starts from UP loop 3.
4.   As 80119 approaches the crossovers for the milk loop, it begins to decelerate.
5.   5572 comes to rest at Platform 4
6.   As Eire approaches the London road Bridge, it decelerates, ready to coast into Platform 2.
7.   80119 comes to a halt at Platform 3.
8.   Eire coasts into Platform 2 and then stops at the end of the platform.
9.   6713 runs around the branch goods in the Norton loops.
10.   Eire starts up again, leaving Platform 2.
11.   After the last coach passes the end of the platform, 80119 starts up, leaving Platform 3.
12.   As soon as the end of Eireís train disappears into Oakwood tunnel, Eire begins to decelerate to stop in DOWN Loop 13.
13.   5572 begins to pull away from Platform 4.
14.   When the last coach of 80119ís local passenger disappears into Gatsby Tunnel, 80119 decelerates to stop in UP Loop 3.
15.   When 5572ís train disappears into Oakwood Tunnel, it decelerates ready to decouple its train in the Shipton run-around.
16.   After 5572 sheds its train, it continues on to the headshunt and then stops.

For the whole cycle, (4a/b/c) there are three times this number of train operations.  There are 16 such cycles altogether, so operating the timetable is quite rewarding when everything is running well.

After the committee meeting, we decided to go out for a midday meal, to reward ourselves for getting through a difficult meeting.  When we returned home, having tried 1kg of washing soda in the drain before we went out, there was no improvement.  I ran about 100L of scalding water down it, but again to no effect.  So I called out Dyno Rod.

Later, in the afternoon, I returned to the Train Shed and took a couple of pictures of locos in the loops.  First, here are Eire and Forthampton Grange.  I apologise for the poor focus; when I checked it prior to clicking the shutter, they appeared to be in focus.

Here is a picture of Cranmore Hall and 80119.  Fortunately, the focus is better in this picture.

Eventually, the Dyno Rod man arrived and sorted out the drain.  The problem turned out to be not fat but decades of washing powder caked on the inside of the drain.  Hopefully, the Humbrol products will arrive tomorrow and I can continue with the tree experiments.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3011 on: January 18, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
Today we went to the hairdressers.  We had to change our appointment from yesterday because of the emergency committee meeting.  However, I manage to get the quite a lot of my weekly jobs done and fit it a visit to the Train Shed.  I ran the next cycle (5a/b/c) and most things ran well.  In particular, the branch operations ran without any hiccups.  On the mainline, 46443 needed a little nudge to get started from DOWN Loop 4 and it also stalled at the points on the entrance to the UP loops.  Forthampton Grange stalled as it passed under the London Road Bridge after departing from Platform 3 and operator error led to the late braking of 80119, which required an emergency stop to prevent it from overshooting Platform 2.  Also, 92006 stopped a little short in DOWN Loop 14 and had to be eased forward a somewhat before I could proceed to the next sub-cycle.

In the afternoon, I completed some more jobs and had another visit to the Train Shed where I took a couple more pictures of locos.  This time it was the two branch passengers that were the subjects.  First, 4571 in the Shipton run-around.

And the 5572 in the Norton run-around.

After that, I had another think about the trees and fitted some brown heat shrink to the truck of the first tree I made.  I heated it by applying my Weller solder gun at full heat to the tip of the soldered part of the trunk, which I had left exposed for the purpose.  I think it makes a quite a reasonable trunk.

I have decided that my second attempt is beyond redemption, mainly because, when I brushed the PVA onto the wire strands, I managed to tangle them and they are now stuck together permanently.  But I will persevere with the methodology.  Next time, I will again splay the strands into a sweeps brush format.  I will then prime the strands with Humbrol primer, using a fine brush and then paint them with brown Humbrol, again with a fine brush.  After that, I will spray them with layering spray and apply the static grass.  That will be followed by applying the heat shrink to the trunk and, finally, bending the fronds gently downwards.  I hope it will prove successful, but I am still learning at the moment.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3012 on: January 20, 2019, 08:15:16 AM »
Saturday is our day for walking into Hessle.  But I did manage a running session in the Train Shed before we went.  I ran the next cycle (6a/b/c) and the running was pretty good.  There was a minor hiccup because I forgot to start 3846 with the heavy goods first (not concentrating on the operational timetable fully) and so it was late running round the layout.  Itís quite important to start it first because it runs so slowly that, even if it starts first, it doesnít complete its run until everything else, including the run-around, has finished.  So, today, it was only half way round when everything else had finished.  The only major incident was 3846 itself, with its pony truck causing a short circuit at the last exit point from the DOWN loops, bringing everything to a halt.  In the end, I speeded it up unrealistically to get it home.

It was a cold morning with a light, but keen, south-easterly breeze, designed to make you eyes water and your nose run.  But it gave us incentive to walk quickly to keep warm.  We didnít stop for coffee, but returned home to make a cup here instead.  Then I had to finish off all the tasks left over from Friday.  I made up the fire and we had a cup of tea, before another visit to the Train Shed.

I had intended to take a picture or two or make a video, but I thought I would check the deceleration of 61664 because it had stopped short in the DOWN loops.  I had to make a couple of circuits with it together with 80119 but, eventually, I got it right.  I then restored the acceleration to 5722 because the branch has been running so well.  I restored it and it seemed fine (so far).  Then I spent some time making a compendium of some old videos of Cycle 11.

I hope you like it and I will try to make some more up to date videos soon.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3013 on: January 20, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
This morning we went for our usual Sunday morning walk.  But we were late going and, also, had to cut it short because the footpath along the river is still closed and it has been fenced off more securely.  It was a cold morning and we were glad to return home for coffee.  Before we went, I had an earlyish session in the Train Shed.

I had an excellent running session.  Firstly, I reinstated the acceleration on all three branch locos and they all ran perfectly (well almost).  4571 jumped the rails under the London Road Bridge when approaching the station, although I could find no reason for it.  6713 had a momentary stall as it left Platform 4, but then accelerated away again.  I also had difficulty uncoupling 6713 in the Norton run-around and, in the end, had to give the toad brake van a little nudge towards the loco to trigger the Easy-Shunt uncoupling action.

I also made a minor adjustment to the deceleration value for 45572, ĎEireí, to increase its stopping distance slightly.  This will allow me to stop it and let it run into the platforms under deceleration with less need for low speed creeping before the final stop.  I intend to concentrate on little adjustments to acceleration and deceleration for a while to reduce the amount of operator input during running sessions.

Later in the afternoon, I managed another session in the Train Shed.  This time I thought I would concentrate on scenic work.  To that end, I cut and glued into place some pieces of EPS to extend the cutting on the DOWN leg board, running it into a bit of a plateau on the right hand station board.

My next task there will be to cover it with plaster bandage prior to painting and adding static grass and scrub.  After that, I added some static grass to the raised ground behind the tapered retaining wall on the far side of the London Road Bridge.

Then I cut a piece of 0.5mm Plasticard as a base for the road extending from the London Road Bridge.

Eventually, I will cut out some wet & dry paper for the road surface and glue it to the Plasticard.  Then I will make some low bushes/weeds to hide the join between the road and the grassy area.  I could use some plaster bandage to hide the joins and then cover it with static grass.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3014 on: January 21, 2019, 07:02:29 PM »
Monday morning is table tennis morning.  But I did manage a running session in the Train Shed before we went.  Itís strange how things now seem to be running exceptionally well.  Itís not as though I have done anything radical, but I am pleasantly surprised by the current situation.  Everything ran really well, although 4571 and 5572 both required two nudges to get them restarted from Platform 4.  But they ran round their trains without so much as a hiccup.  While on the trail of adjusting parameters, I slightly increased the deceleration time of Cranmore Hall to give it a slightly increased stopping distance in the station.

In the afternoon, I had to attend a U3A group to introduce them to cryptarithmetic as part of their mental stimulation to contribute to a healthy aging.  By the time we returned it was too late for another visit to the Train Shed so, here instead, is a rerun of an old video.

I Hope to be able to make some more progress with the scenic work tomorrow.  The Humbrol arrived today, so I may have another go at a willow tree.
With kind regards
Laurence

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100%