!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hillsden  (Read 27118 times)

Offline Nbodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
Re: Hillsden
« Reply #1125 on: Yesterday at 08:57:30 AM »
Regarding Flo's exercise, Mike, I reckon this would save you some time.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W0u1LxsniM

Thanks for this Mick @Newportnobby , I had already seen it on one of the threads earlier and found it quite amusing.

Unfortunately it would be no good in the NBodger household, Flo is too well trained. She would chase the ball and drop it at Bodgers feet for him to feed the machine.  ;)

Mike H  8)

Offline Nbodger

• Awards
« Reply #1126 on: Yesterday at 09:16:15 AM »
Why not make removeable loads for the iron ore tipplers? I have done that for all my coal wagons using plastazote foam and plasticard. place a block of the foam in the middle of the card so that all you have to do is to tip one end to remove the load.

Regards,

Alex

Thank you for your suggestion Alex, @Hailstone much appreciated. I had been given consideration how to fit loads to both iron ore tipplers and coal wagons, probably around seventy at the moment. It does make sense for them to be removable so will certainly give consideration to your method.

On your coal wagons, may I enquire if you used real coal or artificial?

I donít see the option of removing loads for running empty will work on Hillsden, it would become too fiddly in the fiddle yard, and I personally would end up derailing half the stock in the yard as not too steady with the old hands.

However, thank you for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Mike H  8)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1127 on: Yesterday at 10:35:25 AM »
You could always just glue a washer under the load and use a 'magnet on a stick' to lift the loads out :hmmm:
(it's something I've had success with)

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #1128 on: Yesterday at 10:46:08 AM »
Yeaaaah, you're good  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Nbodger

• Awards
« Reply #1129 on: Yesterday at 07:38:53 PM »
Hillsden Day 151

NBodger has been home alone today, ok Flo was still in residence, and yes she still needed a walk. When bodger finally got out of bed and descended downstairs it was raining, raining quite heavily and Flo was in hiding, there was no way she was going to get her best coat wet.

So, after breakfast, bodger settled down at his workbench with those, youíve guessed it, those iron ore tipplers, painting the chassis matt black, all twelve of them and left them to dry.

By now it had stopped raining so bodger took Flo out for her walk, she did put the anchors on as they approached the door, but bodger was persuasive and reluctantly for Flo, they went on their way. As it had been raining all morning bodger decided they would walk the streets of Hillsden. All in all they walked around two miles, whilst they were walking on Midgley Road Bridge, bodger looked towards the station and was a little bemused by what he saw, a Brush Type 4 was stationary in platform two, just sat there idling, then bodger heard a second Brush Type 4 approaching on the down line, this too was a light engine. This locomotive stopped in platform 3 side by side with the other Brush with both stationary by the station footbridge. Well, what happened next, the drivers dismounted from there cabs and walked across the footbridge and climbed into the cab of the opposite loco and continued their journey. ( Bodger actually witnessed this event today at the local station, in this case the locomotives were a pair of Class 66ís)  :hmmm:

Bodger returned with Flo from their walk and noticed a worrying message from a model shop stating his parcel will be delivered on Friday, bodger was horrified, he is going to have to come clean now and tell Mrs N he has been spending more money on Little Hillsden. If you remember bodger ordered all this expecting it to be delivered on Saturday, when Mrs N was going to be out. Bodger was really worried, what should he do, caught twice in one week, squirrelling items away, obviously he is losing his touch.  :doh: :worried:  :help:

When bodger had calmed down and stopped panicking, he had some lunch then set too weathering the chassis of the iron ore tipplers, he is really pleased with the fruit of his labours. Not long now before Bodger posts pictures of them.

As it was raining NBodger hasnít been out with his camera, but he did take quite a few photos yesterday, so I am afraid it is those rats again all in colour this time.

Following on from yesterday, and then there were three

From another angle, but with one hiding

Bodger is also a little bit annoyed today  >:(, if you remember he has been assembling seats for the station, well he had completed six, so decided to paint them, they are that delicate that putting a paint brush near them they collapsed, so bodger has given up and consigned them to the bin. He will now purchase some readymade ones. If only he had made the decision yesterday, he could have ordered them for delivery with Fridayís package, never mind  :hmmm:

Well thatís it from a wet Hillsden today, hope you have enjoyed your visit and hope you will return soon, in the meantime, stay safe and well.

Mike H  8)

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal