!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Crofton (2x4' layout build)  (Read 1456 times)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Crofton (2x4' layout build)
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 08:11:50 AM »
Hi Jeff,

All looking good. Progress is far too fast for my liking but that's just envy  :).

Keep up the good work and looking forward to more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline chorleysteve

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 11:41:29 AM »
Impressive (and fast) work

how do the locos take the inner loop?

Offline Jeff_W

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 11:55:42 AM »
Beware of the outside frames on the 08, though.

Looking at the latest photos, platform clearance should be fine.

How are those curves in the far tunnel entrance? They seem very close, but it might just be a camera effect.

What is the issue with the outside frames on the 08? I'm not terribly familiar with them (other than seeing photos)  The station isn't glued down yet so I can move it back a little if I need to...the curves at the far end should be far enough apart to not cause any problems. I will probably double and triple check before securing them with ballast.

Hi Jeff,

All looking good. Progress is far too fast for my liking but that's just envy  :).

Keep up the good work and looking forward to more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Thanks! I do feel like I'm rushing this layout. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. A lot of it kinda came together pretty easily, I had the track already, along with a board and some of the scenic materials, it just required me buying a few more things (buildings, bridge portals and the like) to really make progress.

Impressive (and fast) work

how do the locos take the inner loop?

The locomotives I've tested so far seem to take it pretty well. For awhile they seemed to like the inner loop better than the outer one, which made absolutely no sense to me! I've tested it with a J39, 3MT 2-6-2, and the Class 04 shunter. Only loco that didn't seem to like it was my Dapol Terrier. I haven't tried out my Class 50 yet (procrastinating)  I also tested both loops awhile back with a Kato Conrail SD80MAC. Unrealistic, yes, but the 80MAC was about the same length as a Dapol Class 66 (that I have one of).

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 01:19:06 PM »
Hi Jeff

Fantastic progress!
Very inspiring, Jeff!
It looks like good for UK and US outline!
You can enjoy best of both worlds!  :thumbsup:

Dats
Best regards with my annoying moving signature.
  :drool: Dats  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxMwG2GNX3Va9AFLRaNH5xw

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations