!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Switzerland Inspired SBB Layout - 100x70cm  (Read 529 times)

Online swisstrains

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
Re: Switzerland Inspired SBB Layout - 100x70cm
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! I will share progress as it goes. John thank you for the suggestion, you are definitely right, the FLIRT is quite a long train in comparison. I might just have to pick up that GTW! It seems like a good deal on that site as well, how does Piko stack up well in terms of quality, build, running or otherwise?
I only have the Piko GTW and Ae3/6 but both run smoothly and quietly. They appear to be well made and the level of detail is good. The Piko models of Swiss prototypes do tend to be a bit pricey but people seem to be happy with them and I don't remember seeing many complaints.
John

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 10:53:22 AM »
Hello! Thanks Newportnobby! I have to say, I greatly prefer N scale/gauge over HO now that I have experienced it. I have discovered that I definitely would like to model a larger area with larger trains which is much easier to do at this scale than with HO. I am already thinking about the next layout before finishing this one!

Bealman, it's a fun challenge to find ways to fit what you want into the space you don't have!

John thank you for the insight, I will have to consider the options!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 12:10:49 PM »
I'll second @swisstrains ' opinion of the Piko GTW. I have one in a Dutch livery (just 'cos it looked pretty and was an ebay bargain!) Lovely smooth runner and seems as well made as any other current Continental N manufacturer.   

Mine actually came with a sound decoder fitted, though I've removed that for now as I don't run DCC in N (only in big G stuff :D)

I have another 4 car Piko E-Triebwagen BR 440, also excellent.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 07:42:43 AM »
Looking really good Brandon!  :thankyousign:

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »
Hi Brandon,

Welcome and great to have another Continental Modeller on board. I don't know about Swiss but all of my French Piko locos are nice and good quiet runners.

Looking forward to your greening up. I'm sure the grass and trees will really bring it to life.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »
Nice to see another Swiss modeller on the forum Brandon.

I will be watching this thread closely....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 07:12:51 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the comments! Thats great to hear so many votes for Piko. Will keep a good look out.

Two new pieces of rolling stock to add to the collection! A sleeper and a 1st class coach!

Tried out a little ballasting and a first test of some scenery there on the corner.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything