!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains PFA/KFA container wagons  (Read 39669 times)

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Revolution Trains PFA/KFA container wagons
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »
Today's newly announced container wagons:-

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/tiphook-pfakfa-container-flat-next-n-gauge-wagon-from-revolution/

Good to see another single container wagon with a wide timespan and geographic spread.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains PFA/KFA container wagons
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:00:37 PM »
I believe that's exactly what I guessed on the other thread. Was also the first to guess the TEA too athankyouverymuch!

Mike, Ben, if you want me on board as a consultant, just shout :D

I'll take several KFAs too.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:03:12 PM by njee20 »

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »

Hello all,

The KFA was selected as it seems an obvious choice.  They've been used - and still are used - on a wide variety of traffic including Gypusm, bin liners, MOD trains, Network Rail RHTT services and of course Freightliner intermodal services.

Introduced in 1987 there were two batches built by Rautaruukki, which are the ones we are doing, with two different bogie types and some other detail differences which we will be replicating.,

Hornby do a nice model of one of the variants in OO making it unlikely that anyone else would be interested in N, so we thought it fitted our "niche"ethos.

The CAD is well underway, and the sooner people sign up the sooner we can get on with it, and as an additional incentive there's a discounted EarlyBird rate available until the end of June.

See our website for more pics and details.

And congratulations to Njee for guessing - two out of two now!

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline njee20

• N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
A great choice Ben, we're definitely a bit short of RTR intermodal wagons, even more so now Dapol's FEAs are out of production. I look forward to bolstering my rake with at least 3!

CADs look great too.

Cheers
Nick

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »
Oh dear - another modern image project :(
I'm disappointed and bemused that, in a recent poll I conducted, by far the majority of folks who voted were transition era modellers yet those modellers don't seem to vote for any of the transition era suggestions. For sure, maybe those suggestions weren't what they wanted, and I recognise you can't please everyone all of the time but it looks as if I will have to rely on D.J. Models to come up with anything 'different', and so far we haven't seen any models in N gauge to test.
Having said all that, don't ask me what I would like because I just don't know :-[

Offline gc4946

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 5936
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
Just placed an order for a pack of three KFAs (Tiphook with black bogies) because they offer more operational flexibility than Dapol's or Farish's paired-up intermodals.
I'm happy to buy them without containers in order to bring the cost down to reasonable limits.

BTW I'll try to attend the York show on Sunday.

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Offline G_N_E_R

• I enjoy cigars, scotch, polo and N gauge
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »
YES PLEASE :D
How many can I afford:P
Kindest Regards
Phil

Online Richard G Dallimore

• N Gauge Society Number: 17713
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 02:34:20 PM »
Did these run into West Cornwall in the late 80's early 90's, or could I use rule 1 for a delivery of MOD containers for Culdrose? I was thinking of getting 1 of the earliest livery for a mixed freight.
Regards
Richard
Formerly NtasticShop
Dapol Apologist (according to RMWeb)
Grumpy Old Git (Late 40s)
Member of NGS (but not allowed to comment)
Why am I surrounded by maroons?

Offline RichardBattersby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »
I'm disappointed and bemused that, in a recent poll I conducted, by far the majority of folks who voted were transition era modellers yet those modellers don't seem to vote for any of the transition era suggestions. For sure, maybe those suggestions weren't what they wanted, and I recognise you can't please everyone all of the time but it looks as if I will have to rely on D.J. Models to come up with anything 'different', and so far we haven't seen any models in N gauge to test.
Having said all that, don't ask me what I would like because I just don't know :-[

Also disappointed here, I was really hoping for steam era or early diesel be it loco or rolling stock. However, I hope it is a successful venture and I shall have everything crossed for TINGS.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
I'm disappointed and bemused that, in a recent poll I conducted, by far the majority of folks who voted were transition era modellers yet those modellers don't seem to vote for any of the transition era suggestions.
I feel the same way, that again Revolution are making something for big, post-privatisation layouts rather than either steam to BR blue settings or small branchline layouts.

Yet at the same time I think I understand where they're coming from. All those transition era modellers are "of a certain age" and perhaps less likely to accept kickstarters as the way to go for these types of projects. And secondly, I'm struggling to think of anything obvious from the 1930s to 1980s that isn't modelled yet. Certainly nothing as obvious as, say, the Pendolino.

Still, I'd have loved to have seen something smaller and more suitable for end-to-end layouts.

....it looks as if I will have to rely on D.J. Models to come up with anything 'different'...

And luckily DJM seems to be promising good models at affordable prices. The J94 and the Class 17 'Clayton' are two locos that could pretty much have layouts build around them, and would work as well on a small shunting plank as a giant oval.

Cheers, NeMo
NGS Journal Editor

Offline RichardBattersby

• N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
Yet at the same time I think I understand where they're coming from. All those transition era modellers are "of a certain age" and perhaps less likely to accept kickstarters as the way to go for these types of projects.

I'm primarily into steam and I'm barely out of my twenties so that doesn't apply to all cases but I suppose these generalisations need to be made to make sure ventures are profitable.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Online jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
Oh be still my beating wallet!

Another winner for me but I do appreciate its not to everyone's taste.

Ben and Mike seem to have found a niche in producing contemporary models, that will sell well. The failure of the 21/29 and an earlier kickstarter for a GWR railcar would seem to indicate that for whatever reason contemporary models are a better bet for this type of crowdfunding.

I'll  be ordering a rake once International ordering is fixed.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 04:53:40 PM »
 :hellosign:
Just place my  order for two sets Y25 bogies

Cheers

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline westie7

• N Gauge Society Number: 20071
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »
Hell Yeah Ill be having some of these.

Yo need to adjust your map showing scope of operations, These regularly made it up the WHL to Ft William on Aluminium slab workings with Freightliner type B/C ? flat rack containers.

Rgds
Mark

Offline Bob G

• N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »
I'm with the middle aged cronies who wouldn't even contemplate anything post 1987 unless its rule 1. (Yeoman 59s, 159s in NSE and Eurostar excepted)
I'm happy to crowdfund - I have given my money to Dave Jones via Kernow for a Class 71 and 74 both in OO.
I will turn my pockets inside out for the Miller project HST-P, and please do the Buffets Joel.

I didn't fancy the Revolution 21/29 as I model the Southern, with western influences, and everything else Ben and Mike have gone for are way too modern for me.
Similarly I'm not biting Dave Jones' hand off for Claytons, or Baby Deltics either, but yes I have done so for his OO third rail adventures.

But boy would I like a Thumper, or some B class tanks for the Fawley run, or a 117 DMU, or any southern 4-6-0, or....even a TEA tanker from the early builds which would be better than the Farish one, or......

Here's hoping someone will come up with the goods.

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal