!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: First new addition to my tram fleet.  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Oldman

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Grumpy old git who hates sport
    • Awards
First new addition to my tram fleet.
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »

3d print of a Sydney steam tram loco
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: First new addition to my tram fleet.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
Hi Oldman,

Very nice. Is that a one piece casting? I still don't fully understand this 3D printing lark.

Alex

Offline Southernboy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
Very neat - may I ask how much it cost and what work was involved (like did you have to provide drawings, or was that part of the service?)

It's a shame the N gauge couplings are so big - it's the one thing that distracts. Could you have a coupling at one end only?

Either way, I see this a pioneering work and I'm very impressed. Well done that man! :)

Offline Oldman

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Grumpy old git who hates sport
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Hi Oldman,

Very nice. Is that a one piece casting? I still don't fully understand this 3D printing lark.

Alex
Yes it is one piece,Interior has boiler as well. All it needs is the Wheels which came off a Kato bogie I had lying around. OK it will be a static model unless I can sort out a motorised coach for it.  Detail is first class. :thumbsup: 
Richard (CRS) would be the one to explain 3d Printing.
Southernboy -I was looking at some other stuff(Nm3) on the site (Shapeways) and saw this and thought I had to have it to go with my tram stuff. $25.00 including shipping  by UPS from Holland.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything