!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

WOULD YOU PURCHASE A CLASS 28 BO-CO

YES - ONE
36 (43.9%)
YES - MORE THAN ONE
17 (20.7%)
NO
29 (35.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: April 04, 2016, 02:20:17 AM

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - Class 28 Co-Bo  (Read 12174 times)

Offline Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - Class 28 Co-Bo
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
With only 51 positive expressions of interest it would seem highly unlikely to proceed through RevolutioN Trains.

However................

Not really conclusive. The Pendo only got 55 positive votes on NGF and a poll on here will only ever be a rather unscientific first step. What made the difference with the Pendo was how proactively and creatively it was marketed beyond the initial straw poll.

Regards

Roy

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »
I got a ready to run version off ebay last year in BR Green built and painted by I Stoate, it looked like a factory finished loco.
4 people bid for it, My last bid went in at 195.00 as I really really wanted it and I won it for 72.00

I am going to vote for Rev N's version as i would love 1 with the correct underframe, but considering the interest in the ebay loco that I won and the Class 21/29 that Rev N proposed last year,  I am sceptic this will happen which is a shame, let's hope i'm proven wrong and I can put my current version back on eBay so i can get a DCC ready version.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
gets my vote for the blue one and a couple of green ones

Robert 

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »
With only 51 positive expressions of interest it would seem highly unlikely to proceed through RevolutioN Trains.

However................

Being in pedant mode there has to be more than that as 35 voted for one model and 16 voted for more than one, so even if they only went for two (assuming they wanted to double head as per the prototype) that would be 32 = 67.
All arbitrary, of course, as Roy has pointed out and your own comment 'however'.......
I wonder exactly how many expressions of interest there have been? :hmmm:

Offline Thorpe Parva

• N Gauge Society Number: 21786
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
I wonder what percentage of N Gauge modellers were aware of the Poll? As far as I'm aware it's only on the NGF so unless you are a regular reader of the NGF and happen to have noticed the Class 28 Poll then it may not be all that representative.

As per an earlier Post I have also purchased an additional NGS Stove 'R' plus some Peco Plate Wagon kits for conversion to Conflat P. Until a Class 28 appears then I will probably substitute a Class 24.

However, there have now been two hints, fingers crossed.....

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
While things have been luke warm to a class 28, the situation may be better when the class 28 at the ELR is back up and running nothing creates more interest than the real thing

Offline Dalek

• N Gauge Society Number: 24836
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2016, 03:45:46 PM »
Just spotted this as i'm not on here that much. I would have voted to buy 2 if i had known. Perhaps there are many others like me who also didn't know about this ?

Craig

Offline RichardBattersby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »
I went to the East Lancashire Railway for the Farish Members day and got a tour of the shed. I saw the sole survivor getting tended too. I must say it's really distinctive and I really wanted this to happen. I would recommend others to go and visit. I shall have to post some pictures.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Offline Lankyman

• N Gauge Society Number: 22227
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »
How come I missed this thread previously? When I was working in the Barrow Divisional Manager's Office in 1965 I experienced these locos a lot on my weekend journeys home to the Manchester area ( and suffered the delays when they frequently broke down. Despite everything I loved then for the pure ugliness and quirkiness. They didn't seem to have an ounce of design in them and who, in their right mind, would put a 4-wheel bogie at one end and a 6-wheel bogie at the other? For that alone, one would be an absolute necessity for me and I regret missing the vote.

Please reconsider - it would be a great stablemate for my Clayton (if I ever get it.)

Ron
Ron

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »
Given that the 21/29 didn't reach a level of interest to make it viable, I suspect the same issues that resulted in their failure could also apply to the Co-Bo. Limited geographical spread and short life.

The big differences with the Co-Bo are that one survives in preservation and their claim to fame was that they pulled the famous "Condor" freight train as depicted in Cuneo's famous painting (which if I recall correctly also formed the cover of a 1960s Triang catalogue?).

I think the Class B tanker is a good test of this Market so let's hope it does well. If it and the Class A Tank do well, then maybe a bit further down the line we might see a transition loco or Multiple Unit proposed. I rather fancy the quirky Class 126 DMU as preserved here:

http://sdps.org.uk/history/history-of-the-class-126-units/

Possibly unique as it has a "proper" cab one end and an intermediate one with a corridor connection..

Quirky or what!

Roy

Offline Dalek

• N Gauge Society Number: 24836
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »

Please reconsider - it would be a great stablemate for my Clayton (if I ever get it.)

Ron

Same here ! :-)

Craig

Offline CaleyDave

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »
I agree with the suggestion that a Preserved Train will attract more interest.

I rather fancy the quirky Class 126 DMU as preserved here:

http://sdps.org.uk/history/history-of-the-class-126-units/

Possibly unique as it has a "proper" cab one end and an intermediate one with a corridor connection..

Quirky or what!

Roy

I would love several of these units (They are up there with a APT-P as a very high risk to my wallet)
However I don't see them as being a candidate for a RTR model as the coaches are far too varied so would need a high number of orders and would push up the costs.

The 1956 sets (79xxx) ran both Bristol-South wales and Edinburgh-Glasgow before all moving to Scotland.
The 1959 sets (59xxx/Class 126) ran the Ayrshire coast.

A grand total of 8 different coaches would be needed to cover all variations of a train which only ran as a 3 or 6 car!
DiagramYearTypeNotes
5501956DMBSGangwayed cab, Brake Behind Cab
5511956+1959DMSGangwayed cab, Gangway Plated over in 1970's
5521956DMBSFull cab, Brake Behind Cab, Single Route indicator Box
5601956+1959TRBFBuffet Car
5701956+1959TFKFirst Corridor
571_____1959TCKComposite Corridor
580_____1959DMBSFull cab, Brake at far end, Split Headcode Box
7 + Plated over Gangway version taking it up to 8.

I have a book somewhere which broke down which units were on the western region and which moved to Ayr after they are withdrawn from Edinburgh. The Sets them selves a a minefield. Leith Central Depot liked to mix the sets up in funny orders and mix and match colours (There were two shades of GREEN!). Ayr had a few oddball sets with parts of Edinburgh units after withdrawal including one with 2 gangwayed ends.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything