!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sonmel  (Read 57155 times)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Sonmel
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
Thank you, Keith, for these three very nice photos. I always enjoy seeing the 'Little People' in place. The Class 04 is a lovely model but the NCB on the cabsides should be changed?

You are right Chris, although it's too new to change just yet. Unless I can think of an alternative meaning for the acronym in relation to Sonmel... :hmmm:

Steamie+

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2017, 06:34:33 AM »
In a sudden burst of enthusiasm the pole erection team have commandeered a couple of the newly purchased hopper wagons before they could get to the paint shop (the wagons that is)!

The brand new class 04 was put into action to run them up to the quarry.

After much huffing and puffing (all done by manual labour) the first poles were erected.

Really great photo’s Keith and i love the little people also, but shouldn’t one or two of them be leaning on shovels or something   lol.     :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Keep the photo’s coming Keith.      :thumbsup:

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2017, 06:51:19 AM »
I like the livery on that little 04..... NCB, I note. Does that mean I could run one on a 50s - 60s period layout?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2017, 07:15:41 AM »
According to my quick search they were built between 1952 and 1962. Looks like you have found your next purchase George.  :)

I got mine in a sale from Rails earlier this year, very good price.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
Thanks for that!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »
Encouraged by the prospect of power arriving at the quarry soon preparations have begun for installing the required plant.

Mock-ups have been made of rock handling, conveyors and wagon loading facilities.

Steamie+

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2017, 05:07:00 AM »
That looks great Keith, it looks a lot like my Coal Distribution on Roedann Viaduct, great to see another layout with something else other than stations.      Happy Modelling Keith.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2017, 07:10:15 AM »
Ditto on Steamie's comments, Keith.

Steamie, we are wondering what's happening with Roedann Viaduct?

Webbo

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2017, 12:39:33 PM »
That looks great Keith, it looks a lot like my Coal Distribution on Roedann Viaduct, great to see another layout with something else other than stations.      Happy Modelling Keith.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Steamie. I've just had look at your conveyors on Roedann. Am I right in saying that they are card covered with "corrugated" effect paper? Inspired by your work I am looking to do something similar (and hopefully as good). I will probably build in plasticard and then add corrugations later.  :helpneededsign:

Steamie+

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
Ditto on Steamie's comments, Keith.

Steamie, we are wondering what's happening with Roedann Viaduct?

Webbo

Well Webbo with all the aggro with the redundancy i haven’t had the inkling to do anything with it, but don’t worry i am going to get on with it next week and hopefully the roundhouse will be finished.   :beers:

Steamie+

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »

Thanks Steamie. I've just had look at your conveyors on Roedann. Am I right in saying that they are card covered with "corrugated" effect paper? Inspired by your work I am looking to do something similar (and hopefully as good). I will probably build in plasticard and then add corrugations later.  :helpneededsign:

Thanks Keith, but they aren’t made from card, they are coffee stirrers, i put 3 end to end then 2 lengths of the 3 end to end side by side, then 4 to make a box, with 4 more put on an angle for the roof, it sounds complicated but it is really easy to do, you then can cut them to the length you require. I then used corrugated plasticard for the sides and then used this stuff for the roof.

Corrugated Sheet Grey Redutex 148TI111, it is like rubber and really easy to apply, it also comes in roof tiles, you can get it from DCC Supplies.

If you look again at the photo’s in my gallery you will see the Coal Distribution Photos and you will have a better idea on them.   Happy Modelling Keith :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
Excellent Steamie, thank you for the explanation. I will use the card formers I have already made in place of your coffee stirrers. Saves me a job and I have run out of coffee stirrers (I think that Waitrose have got wise to their usefulness and don't have them laying around all over the place anymore!). I can easily add a card strip along the top to form the ridge. Then I can add an outer layer of plasticard. Thank you for the link to the material that you used for the conveyor roofing. I have not come across this before, will order some. :thankyousign:

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: No mor
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »
Hi Keith-just a quick one -ngineer on shape ways does some conveyors if your interested -just the Base roller belt -no top cover thought don't know if that's any good to you ?

Regards

Neil
Regards
Neil

Remember -this is not a practice ! One go only !
And I was Born ready .

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2017, 07:04:49 AM »
Hi Keith-just a quick one -ngineer on shape ways does some conveyors if your interested -just the Base roller belt -no top cover thought don't know if that's any good to you ?

Regards

Neil

Thanks Neil. I was not aware of the Shapeways website. Amazing stuff on there, but not cheap!  :thankyousign:

Steamie+

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2017, 07:32:36 AM »

Regards

Neil

Thanks Neil. I was not aware of the Shapeways website. Amazing stuff on there, but not cheap!  :thankyousign:

They are not the cheapest, i bought a brick template from them and the cost including postage was a bit to much IMO, a covered conveyer is what is needed on your quarry Keith because i don’t think a ready made would get up to the top of your distribution tower would it ?    :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal