New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Sonmel  (Read 25876 times)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Sonmel
« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »
Looks like I've been rumbled! Although at the moment all paint pots, apart from the railmatch, and the weathering powders, and the maskol and the matt varnish... fit in the drawers.  :angel:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »
Hi Chris, I got it from Poundland. I don't know whether you have such things in sunny Prague? The drawers are just big enough to hold the small tins from Humbrol, Revell. Not big enough for railmatch paint pots though.

It's really good (well a bit flimsy, but hey what do you expect for a quid?) and a typical man solution to tidy up. Everything is all in one place and not tidied such that you can't find what you are looking for.  :doh:

If you like I can investigate postage costs. it's very light so it will be size that will dictate cost.

Hi Keith, that would be great but I have more little tins of paint than you. No, we don't have Poundland, here. Many thanks, Chris.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »
Hi Chris, I got it from Poundland. I don't know whether you have such things in sunny Prague? The drawers are just big enough to hold the small tins from Humbrol, Revell. Not big enough for railmatch paint pots though.

It's really good (well a bit flimsy, but hey what do you expect for a quid?) and a typical man solution to tidy up. Everything is all in one place and not tidied such that you can't find what you are looking for.  :doh:

If you like I can investigate postage costs. it's very light so it will be size that will dictate cost.

Hi Keith, that would be great but I have more little tins of paint than you. No, we don't have Poundland, here. Many thanks, Chris.

Blimey Chris. Thought that I could get 2 sets of drawers in a single box to “halve the unit cost of postage “. According to the parcel force calculator sending a 650 gram package to Prague would cost £45  :goggleeyes:   That means each £1 unit would cost you £23.50. I’m guessing that doesn’t make sense  :hmmm:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:30 PM »

Blimey Chris. Thought that I could get 2 sets of drawers in a single box to “halve the unit cost of postage “. According to the parcel force calculator sending a 650 gram package to Prague would cost £45  :goggleeyes:   That means each £1 unit would cost you £23.50. I’m guessing that doesn’t make sense  :hmmm:

Thanks, Keith. That certainly does not seem right. See: https://www.parcel2go.com/parcel-delivery/czech-republic

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2018, 01:07:32 PM »
It looks like it could be under £8.00, if you take it to a drop-off point.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2018, 01:17:12 PM »
Hi Chris, yep around £12 postage for two units. That would be insured, but not express  :)
So down to £7 each. By the way each of the three drawers takes 12 paint pots. So 36 pots per unit.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
Many thanks, Keith. That sounds far more reasonable. 36 pots in one unit should be more than enough. I don't use many colours but do keep 'spares'. Please, PM me re: postage and payment when you're ready. (I need to tidy up and these units will help.)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
"New" Rolling Stock Arrives

My first attempts as some serious weathering...

Each pair of wagons uses a different technique. The "boulders" are bluetac to temporarily add some running weight.

Thank you for looking. As always comments and feedback most welcome.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »
Looks good Keith.
I particularly like the pair nearest the Hymek.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: July 13, 2018, 05:27:08 PM »
Flippin' 'eck, they look rusty!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »
The first two look too orange in the photo., to me. Such rust is more mid-to dark brown. The rust patches also look a little too large. I'd also try dry brushing dark grey and black around the raised parts most likely to collect dirt. But, for a first attempt, very good.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »
 :hellosign: Looking good to me, excellent work  :thumbsup:
     regards Derek.

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »
:hellosign: Looking good to me, excellent work  :thumbsup:
     regards Derek.

Seconded!

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2018, 12:31:42 PM »
I think the last pic shows them up well. At least you haven't gone OTT like I did with my first attempt, but I did want them 'very grotty'

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »
They look suitably grotty to me NN! I don’t consider them to be OTT at all.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here