New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: bit quiet here? Come in and chat some - American Railroads  (Read 4454 times)

Offline grumbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: bit quiet here? Come in and chat some - American Railroads
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »
The precursor to the Southern Railway of Vancouver Island was the Esquimalt and Nanaimo Railway which was a subsidiary of the CPR. I happen to own an E&N GP38 (Atlas) as follows.

Graham, your living on VI, a model logging railway would be a possibility for you.

Webbo

Yeah, the E&N technically still owns most of Nanaimo even though it doesn't exist (the deeds for our house are E&N deeds!).  As for a logging railroad I'd have to buy a Shay or two (there's a nice one parked next to the highway in Duncan and 0-6-0T outside the sawmill in Chemainus.

I'm not sure how much its used or even if it still is but there's a railbarge loading facility at the yard in Nanaimo that I would love to see in use.

Graham

Offline 47 years N

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 02:02:58 PM »
Hi, Does anybody know how high the Kato American style low platforms are? They include compensation for the height of Unitrack.
Looking to buy some strip wood the correct height  :hmmm:

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 05:58:50 PM »
Hi 47,

I'm in work so can't measure, but you might find what you need on this page

http://www.sumidacrossing.org/ModelTrains/PassengerPlatforms/

they're Japanese platforms btw :) and they work great with unitrack

Please Support Us!