!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 202075 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #825 on: October 29, 2016, 06:54:31 AM »
Now that the refinery is back on line, maintenance must continue (or in other words (Mick) bits that are snapped off, need to be fixed back on)  :doh:

There is plenty to do with the new expansion projects to keep the crane driver busy - the new agreement to produce and distribute National Benzole has necessitated additional capacity

At the tanker terminal, the Bulwark driver was updating the garage manager on why he was so late back, he embellished the story quite significantly about being caught in a traffic jam at Bletchford and didn't need any encouragement to expand on his flirtations with the WPC who was attending the scene of the crash

Offline Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #826 on: October 29, 2016, 06:57:17 AM »
 :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #827 on: October 29, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

At the tanker terminal, the Bulwark driver was updating the garage manager on why he was so late back, he embellished the story quite significantly about being caught in a traffic jam at Bletchford and didn't need any encouragement to expand on his flirtations with the WPC who was attending the scene of the crash

Sadly, WPC Smythe has been placed on gardening leave after having thrown the book at a well known 'tea leaf'. As the book in question was the complete 'Encyclopaedia Britannica' thus causing the rapscallion an extended hospital visit, her sergeant had no other option.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #828 on: October 29, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
This is going to look great, but I just know I'd reach across and snap summat off :-[
Me too. Those chimneys look very easy to snap off.
Looks great though.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #829 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
I have started to play about with the line between Tullibardine & the Distillery, will be a stretch of cutting, embankment, bridge over river etc.  but will also have a bit of a climb on it, but I have kept them to 1.3% max

The drop in the baseboards is a bit deeper than it needs to be.... so will bring that up a bit, though if I can find the right kind of bridge, maybe a bit of a ravine would be interesting!

Also started to mark out the trackbeds around the distillery

Was a bit bored, so I cut them out and painted them too - next phase of progress will focus on trying to get the distillery boards in place at the right height so I can work on getting the connecting section fixed down and start to build up the scenery

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #830 on: October 30, 2016, 10:08:19 AM »
Andrew,
This pic might provide some ideas for your 'ravine' as there is just so much going on. It's not just a railway train crossing the ravine on a bridge, it's the pub, the footpath over the river, the canal barge in the background etc etc

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #831 on: October 30, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »
Thanks Mick, some great ideas on display there

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #832 on: October 30, 2016, 08:34:07 PM »
I am having a senior moment.....

I am sure I have seen, on the forum, a cracking model being developed of an iconic (70's ish) bridge .... in my head I am thinking "London Bridge"... or "New Street Bridge"... but the bit I remember is he made some casts for individual panels that go on the outside... look a bit like the inside of the Tardis (well in the Tom Baker/Jon Pertwee era) ...!    but blowed if I can find the thread  :help: .... I was sure I took some screen snips of the technique he used...but can't find those either.... and now I am doubting if I saw it or saved it at all or if any of this is real !!

Anyone recognise the layout I am trying to describe?  :confused2:

Offline The Yorkshire Pud

• Awards
« Reply #833 on: October 30, 2016, 09:14:25 PM »
What a fantastic idea !! ....  a model railway inside a railway van ...... all hail that man  :thumbsup:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #834 on: October 30, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
I am having a senior moment.....

I am sure I have seen, on the forum, a cracking model being developed of an iconic (70's ish) bridge .... in my head I am thinking "London Bridge"... or "New Street Bridge"... but the bit I remember is he made some casts for individual panels that go on the outside... look a bit like the inside of the Tardis (well in the Tom Baker/Jon Pertwee era) ...!    but blowed if I can find the thread  :help: .... I was sure I took some screen snips of the technique he used...but can't find those either.... and now I am doubting if I saw it or saved it at all or if any of this is real !!

Anyone recognise the layout I am trying to describe?  :confused2:

It was London Bridge in a recent edition of the NGS Magazine, Andrew. (I can scan it if required.)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #835 on: October 30, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »
Ahhh  :doh:  brilliant thanks Chris, I have that copy out here with me, that is why I thought I had read it recently!  Will go and have a read of it now to remind myself.

I have some pics coming in the next couple of days of the Green Goddess at Tullibardine with some of the freight & passenger cars from Cant Cove :)

Hope you are well and managing to find a slither of time to work on your layout

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #836 on: October 30, 2016, 09:36:38 PM »
Very Impressive looking refinery and your wood work for the next section looks good too. I am looking forward to seeing how you piece it all together. The Layout that pic posted a pic of was very good ( Bridgford ) it was at the Hazel Grove show this weekend.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #837 on: October 30, 2016, 09:47:12 PM »
 :hellosign: Thanks for latest updates Andrew, all looking good & really like the refinery
  regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #838 on: October 30, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
Ahhh  :doh:  brilliant thanks Chris, I have that copy out here with me, that is why I thought I had read it recently!  Will go and have a read of it now to remind myself.

I have some pics coming in the next couple of days of the Green Goddess at Tullibardine with some of the freight & passenger cars from Cant Cove :)

Hope you are well and managing to find a slither of time to work on your layout

My pleasure, Andrew. I think you mean the "Green Dragon" as the BR Lined Green 4-6-0 is affectionately known by the "Chelsea Girls". Look forward to those photos. Thanks, I'm still trying to catch up with work as I could get very little done for 4 days as I spent most of the time asleep! Was busy on eBay though and got some bargains. No time or energy for any railway work, alas. Today, I'm feeling much better.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #839 on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:08 AM »
 :smiley-laughing:  yes, the Green Dragon -  2 senior moments in the same night!

Good to hear you are on the mend now

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything