!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 247485 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #3495 on: March 29, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »
 :laughabovepost:

I hadn't made that shape association! :)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3496 on: March 29, 2020, 10:57:02 AM »
I obviously have a problem.
I see 'Kinneil'
I know it says 'Kinneil'
My mind says 'Kinnell' :worried: :worried:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3497 on: March 29, 2020, 11:04:40 AM »
I can almost hear you trying to stop yourself putting Foo in front of it as well!  ;D

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3498 on: March 29, 2020, 11:05:51 AM »
We must fight foo ;)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3499 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:29 AM »
Now you see the reason for all the GPV's in Perthshire ....  going big on firework production :)    The assortment of Class A & B, Wing & Anchor , 20T & 14T tankers have had the end domes fitted, a spray of primer and are seen here after a little bit of filler work on the dome/shell join

A B3 Peckett also emerges from the sonic bath - following the advice of @maridunian it has had a couple of primer coats and the primer scraped off the tops of the ridges in between - might need a bit more work on some areas to fill the troughs created by the 3D printing process, but it is nearly there .... If I have done my homework right  :dunce:  I think the last was number in the class was 2192 .... so I was going to tack this one on the end and number it up 2193 and it will be named "Milton"  :)  After a bit of fettling and wiggling, I managed to get the body onto the untested chassis I bought for the project ... now I am not sure if I can get it off again!  Nice work by Mike @maridunian , the screw hole lines up perfectly with the chassis.

There has been a change of loco on the chemical train.......

This pic is an example of Sod's Law if ever there was one  :'(  I set the pic up with a title in mind along the lines of "55002 'The Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry' passes one of its less fortunate class members in a much more sorry state on the scrap line at Rusty Ryans....."  ... only to realise that the one being scrapped was the same loco, just in an earlier guise as D9002  (the NRM might have something to say about the scrapping of their loco too  :-[ )

Jumping forward in time, 47710 'Waverly' pulls a rake of Scotrail liveried Mk2's on the up line

on the down line, 47708 'Waverey' has a similarly liveried rake of Mk1 BG's that form a northern bound parcels

the second of two Gresley BG's brings up the rear

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:31:41 AM by Milton Rail »

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #3500 on: March 30, 2020, 07:36:01 AM »
Regarding the first photo, you shouldn't have told us! I certainly wouldn't have clocked it, though, knowing our members, someone probably would have.  :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry, I meant first photo after the video.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:55:21 AM by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #3501 on: March 30, 2020, 08:03:14 AM »
Looking good Andrew.

I’m rather disappointed with the lack of contributions to Freds thoughts. So here is one last thought for him...

If hot air rises,   

Why is it cold at the top of mountains?

:thankyousign:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3502 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:06 AM »

Thanks George & Keith  .... 

Fred was staring at the sky and wondering "When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?"

but he got distraced by an ad in the newspaper and wondered "How can something be “new” and “improved”? if it’s new, what was it improving on?"

Offline Paddy

• N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #3503 on: March 30, 2020, 08:30:37 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Love the 3D print of the B3 and the Minitrix dock tank chassis is perfect.  3D printing just seems to be getting better and better.

Excellent work.

Kind regards

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Online maridunian

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28772
    • Awards
« Reply #3504 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »

A B3 Peckett also emerges from the sonic bath - following the advice of @maridunian it has had a couple of primer coats and the primer scraped off the tops of the ridges in between - might need a bit more work on some areas to fill the troughs created by the 3D printing process, but it is nearly there .... If I have done my homework right  :dunce:  I think the last was number in the class was 2192 .... so I was going to tack this one on the end and number it up 2193 and it will be named "Milton"  :)  After a bit of fettling and wiggling, I managed to get the body onto the untested chassis I bought for the project ... now I am not sure if I can get it off again!  Nice work by Mike @maridunian , the screw hole lines up perfectly with the chassis.

Thanks for highlighting these Andrew!

I put a lot of effort into getting that fixing screw right, but the bodies being a snug fit, I did away with the fixing screw in my later designs.

It's really gratifying seeing others making up my models. They're not exactly a money-spinner - my markup is about a cuppa per item - but then I'm only the designer, not the maker, so that's reasonable I feel.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3505 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:39 AM »
I am hoping the folks at home are tying a yellow ribbon 'round the ole ook tree today .... as in the words of the song ... "I've done my time I'm coming home....."  it's been a surreal 3 weeks for me, seeing half the world go into shutdown as me & my team here went through our daily routines .... to say those of us going home today have a bit of trepidation is a bit of an understatement!

The sluices got a coat of paint - they need a bit of work to close the gaps at the side, Some guide plates needed

A couple of shots of the bit of the layout I have been working the most on this time - an assortment of loco's gather on the fruit branch ....

the dam is starting to impose itself on the scene now........

Time to start a bit of work on bridge 3, this will be a much simpler plate girder affair - I have had these kits for some time, so it is either happenstance (or serendipity) that I had this kit ..... or maybe I did have a grand plan all those years ago when this layout was still on the drawing board.....   ??? 

A closer view of the dam in situ, I have been painting over another figure, trying to get a hi-vis jacket affair ... there will be a few more up here eventually, even in N gauge Perthshire, there is no escaping a visit from SEPA

I will need 2 joined together to give me the necessary span, fortunatley the younger me had ordered more than 1 packet

To get the fit I wanted, I needed to remove the ribs from the back, otherwise it would have ended up being too wide, I may have to add some lateral stiffeners in later once it is in place

Stating the obvious here, but now the sides are joined and it's just a case of working out how they will be anchored on the river banks

There was a special demonstration train in Perthshire today, after hearing about the re-introduction of the long extinct Hally wagon, the Gloucester Railway carriage & wagon works sent a demo wagon to see if they could drum up some business should there be any more wagons in the pipeline  ... 60163 'Tornado' was brought in to give the wow factor :)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #3506 on: March 31, 2020, 07:43:25 AM »
Have a safe trip back Andrew.

Welcome back to a rather surreal new normality.  :beers:

Liking the look of bridge 3 already.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3507 on: March 31, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »
Have a safe trip home Andrew and stay healthy.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3508 on: March 31, 2020, 10:24:32 PM »
 :hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:
     Hope all is well & you are safely home Andrew, all looking good on the layout
         stay safe  regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #3509 on: April 01, 2020, 04:12:13 AM »
:hellosign:   :greatpicturessign:
     Hope all is well & you are safely home Andrew, all looking good on the layout
         stay safe  regards Derek.

Seconded!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal