!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 207201 times)

Offline GaryAlan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
Absolutely bostin thread, both the layout and the wagon, very nice:)
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
 :hellosign: Nicely progressing Andrew, thanks for the  :greatpicturessign:
regards Derek.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
Now that is looking good, seems like you've replaced the whole side.

Thanks Caz, yes, have replaced the sides & roof so far and blasted back & painted all the internal metalwork - floor joists are in, but hit a hold up on getting floorboards prepared... hoping that it will kick on again soon so I can get onto building the baseboards :)

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments :) :beers:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
 :thankyousign: Andrew, for the photos. of the two Minitrix BR Maroon coaches ready for "through" working to Southwest England. 8-)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your BR Standard 5MT 4-6-0. Will it also be a BR Lined Green one or did you prefer the Lined Black or BR SR named one?

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »
I confess I went for the lined green one too.... realised that I have a lot of loco's in black!

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2016, 02:04:13 PM »
With the ever growing friendships with their Cornish friends, the PRPS were pleased to carry out a trial run with their recently acquired Bulleid light pacific & limited set of vintage Pullman coaches - the society are very confident of adding a few more coaches in the very near future

At a recent members gathering at the noble establishment, the "Craigrossie Hotel" on Auchterarder's (the longest village in Scotland) high street, some discontent was heard from the more nationalistic members about the amount of energy currently being spent by the society on acquiring loco's and rolling stock from "doon sooth"

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »
Thanks for the update, Andrew. The "Golden Arrow" is coming along very nicely. The BR SR Green BG is required for all the passengers' luggage although as the "Bournemouth Pullman" for a while had a 'borrowed' BR WR Chocolate & Cream BG that is another (although non-prototypical for the "GA") possibility

Arguments about what to preserve, and what to have overhauled and in what order of priority, are not unknown in Cornwall either. However, even as far as Cornwall, rumours that coaches in Caledonian Railway livery are being sought for Perthshire have been heard and the Wadebridge Yardmaster has been asking his contacts within BR for help for the CLPG's Scottish friends' quest.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
With the recent rumblings from certain sections of the members.... perhaps today was not the best day to announce new additions to the SR demonstration goods train.....

It is hoped that the full train can be displayed soon

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
With all the recent focus on steam driven motive power, it was a welcome change when the PRPS diesel group were able to announce the completed overhauls of 2 of the several damaged Class 31's (Brush Type 2's) they recently took possession of. 

These 2 loco's were in good cosmetic condition and only needed relatively minor mechanical overhauls to get them running smoothly again.  Unfortunately, due to a mix up in the paint shop.... they both bear the same running number D5518!  Discussions are ongoing about what liveries & numbering that should be applied to the loco's being overhauled and whether to keep them or dispose of them to other locations.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »
The demonstration SR Goods Train looks very good, Andrew.

The two Brush Class 31s look good, too. I cannot remember ever seeing one in BR Blue with a small yellow warning panel, though. D5579 in 1962 carried an experimental Golden Ochre (also described as 'Bronze Gold') livery (not the same as the Golden Ochre livery on D1015), and that might be nice to model instead. Alternatively, at the same time, D5578 carried an experimental blue livery (more like Turquoise) described as 'Light Electric Blue'.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2016, 09:29:14 PM »
I had better check the one behind is the one I think it is then :)  I acquired 3 of the class 31's in blue and 2 in green, 2 of the blue ones were D5518 & one had the TOPS numbering.... will check and update (in a few weeks time  :'( )

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
I don't think Lima made a model of their Class 31 in 'Light Electric Blue', Andrew, but could be wrong. I think they just produced models of D5518 in the two types of BR Blue livery. Are these the only two of the five that were 'restorable' or were they just the first ones to go through the 'works'? There were examples in BR Green with full yellow ends, white bodyside lining and white BR double arrows which would make an interesting variant to model. (I think they were for Royal Train use on the SR as the SR Class 33s had no steam-heating capability to take racing day specials to Tattenham Corner.)

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
These were the 1st pair of the 5 or so Lima Class 31's coming through the repair shop (also have a couple of J39's, Coronation Class "City of Stoke", 2 9F's, couple of class 43's and a Hall).  The PRPS rescue & recovery team have also been very succssful of late in acquiring several more loco's that were destined for the scrapyard, more on this to come!

One of the blue ones has became a parts donor & I didnt have a chance to start looking at the green ones - I will double check when I get home, but from the photos I have, in one job lot there were 3 loco's all with different shades of blue & the small yellow warning panel and all numbered D5518!  They may of course have been repainted at some stage.  I think the Green ones I have will be a bit trickier to resore, but  I will give them a go.

Thanks for the suggestions on livery choices certainly quite a bit of choice - I am going to have to practice one or two first though

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
December Donations

Advertise Here