!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 202483 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #3045 on: July 05, 2019, 12:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement .... and yes John, track cleaning awaits ..... once I do that, I will give the track a proper test end to end and get back to a bit of operating. 

You are entirely right about the range of choice of that tempts me (us) ... my intiial purge will only be getting rid of duplicates, Lima & Trix rolling stock (of which I am not a fan & I can't put my finger on it why other than the carriage bodies just seem too narrow compared to GF & Dapol & the wagons/vans sit too high).

I'll need to phase part 1 of the "Great Sale" carefully as I need to be home to do the listings and dispatch, but we are off to spain for a week in August, so have to avoid that week .... so the disposal sale will no doubt be spread over a few months .... plenty of time for me to change my mind :)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #3046 on: July 05, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »
July and August are not good months for sellers but are for buyers (I've bought a few summer bargains over the years but am resisted this summer). So, waiting until the autumn might be wise. In general, most of the Lima models are poor, the Siphon Gs being an honourable exception along with the GWR horseboxes but both benefit from detailing, etc. I like the Minitrix coaches, vans, and wagons, though. However, I have enough.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3047 on: July 06, 2019, 06:59:54 AM »

It's eerily quiet in the fiddle yards after my complete decant of rolling stock .....

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3048 on: July 06, 2019, 07:17:51 AM »
Iím watching and waiting for the tumbleweed to start blowing through... ;)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3049 on: July 07, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
More evidence of the purged tracks...... more chance of seeing tumbleweeds here Keith!  This does present a great opportunity to clean the tracks and crack on with ballasting and all other jobs that are better done without rolling stock getting in the way (and being accidentally removed by a swinging arm.... you really don't have to ask me to elaborate on that last bit  :-[ )

Though the Kanga's on the 8th green seem to be enjoying the peace :)

In other news ..... was chatting to a non-modeller work colleague yesterday at lunch time and we got onto the subject of TINGS .... I had been swithering about attending, fits my work rota nicely, but was going to be quite a hike and couldn't think of anything for Mrs MR to do on the Saturday, was a long way to go on my own just for a few hours .... so I had just about talked myself out of it for another year.  During the chat though, he was doing his best to convince me that I should go..... but what to do with Mrs MR ... then I remembered she has been interested in a bread making course for a while, she is currently perfecting the method of making sourdough loaves... with some success.  A quick hunt on the web revealed a suitable course, in the right area, on the right day!

A little bit of devious messaging to her, along the lines of ... how would you fancy this bread making course, we could stay in Stratford, make a weekend of it, comedy show at the shakespeare theatre on saturday night.....   ever thoughtful she says... but what would you do with yourself while I am doing that ..... I dunno,  might be something I could do... I'll take a look ......  wait suitable time to "search" ... and reply saying, well there is TINGS on that weekend, I could go to that   :angel:

..... thats a long way to say I'm going to go to TINGS!    :claphappy:  looking forward to it as I haven't been before and hopefully some of you folks will be there on the Saturday and we could arrange a suitable coffee break gathering .... "I'll be wearing an orange carnation underneath the big clock" kind of thing :) 

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #3050 on: July 07, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »
Hi Andrew,

If you think that your good lady didn't, not only, smell a rat in your thoughtful idea but actually saw a 6 ft rat eating Sourdough bread with a bowl of clam chowder in front of her eyes, then you are very much mistaken my friend  :D.

Seriously though, sounds like a nice break and hope you both have a lovely Weekend.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3051 on: July 07, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
Make sure she doesn't read this thread!  :doh:
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3052 on: July 07, 2019, 09:00:28 AM »
 :laughabovepost:  x  2

Yes Chris, you're quite right, she saw straight through it  :D  but she is very supportive and tolerant, but not to the extent of reading my ramblings on this thread Laurence  :sweat:

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #3053 on: July 07, 2019, 12:40:46 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Just to say that the Tullibardine ferry wagon, which wasn't involved in any robbery attempts, has made it safely to Sant Pau de Mar on the Principat d'Izaro thread.

Photos when it arrived at Port Regleun aren't available at the moment but am sure it'll be making many journeys to and fro on that thread too.

Cheers again, weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3054 on: July 07, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
 :beers:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #3055 on: July 08, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »
Thatís more cunning than wiley fox cunning...!

Hope that you both have a great weekend.  :beers:

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #3056 on: July 08, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
Hi Andrew

I'd love to go to TINGS. The drive seems to be about 6 hours for you which is a piece of cake IMO. From Canberra 6 hours would only get me 3/4 of the way to Melbourne which I would do for a weekend. Have a great time there.

Webbo

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3057 on: July 08, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
After many journey's back and forward from the van and up & down stairs.... (great for the step count!) ... I finally got it all in one place, I am lucky to have a good big space to house all my various hobbies (though it is ostensibly my sons bedroom for when he stays over)... but it did take up all the available floorspace I had & now I need somewhere to organise them all!

It was interesting getting these 2m long cartridges up the stairs (which have a hairpin bend half way up!).... with hindsight, I should have emptied them before moving them!

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3058 on: July 08, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »
 :hellosign:. Good luck with all ongoing sorting Andrew
      regards Derek.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3059 on: July 09, 2019, 06:58:34 AM »
Thanks Derek, I am beginning to realise just what an undertaking it will be.......

Fortunately we are not planning any decorating in the near future, so I was able to commandeer the pasting table as a sorting area ..... but might need another one!

The refinery sidings are equally quiet, really is a golden opportunity to get on with ballasting and point motor fitting.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything