!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 177928 times)

Offline Dizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26050
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #2865 on: March 08, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
Love it! :D
I really like the concept of the weathered Silver Bullets conveying the alcohol......might see one appear in South Devon next week  ;)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #2866 on: March 08, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
Excellent Pete, hopefully not too long before the Tullibardine vans are seen at various locations around the network

Thanks Chris, I put some more info on the Alternative Cornwall thread for Perthshire

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #2867 on: March 08, 2019, 09:02:30 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Done. Will tidy it up later but got to go to work in a minute  :(. and still not ready  :doh:. I'm blaming you lot  :D

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline maridunian

• Awards
« Reply #2868 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
Love it! :D
I really like the concept of the weathered Silver Bullets conveying the alcohol......might see one appear in South Devon next week  ;)

I guess if they're used for that traffic repeatedly, they'll gradually become silver once more...

Mike

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2869 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:17 AM »
A Railtrack liveried Class 121 was spotted at Auchterarder - duties vary from lineside inspection to driver training and occasional timetable gap filling!

Rule one fully in play here as a rake of Milwaukee Rd coaches is seen being prepared for a whisky railtour for American visitors - the idea was set up by Rusty Ryan, a prominent American who has settled in Perthshire and his desire to see some rolling stock old favourites on the rails here..... whilst having others cover the costs  8)

Some other bargains picked up at Model Rail also make their debut on the rails - I already had the Evans wagon from Bachmann's collector club from last year, but they were dishing out another one free if you renewed at the stand, so it felt rude not to take them up on the offer (and my membership was due to expire the following weekend!) :thumbsup:

Also at Model Rail, I bought a 3 pack of JNA falcon loads ... here are the 2 wagons I own, loaded up and sitting in a siding at Tullibardine....

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2870 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »
Iíve not seen a 121 in that livery before.
Very smart.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2871 on: March 10, 2019, 06:46:21 AM »
I have a growing backlog of Robbies tanker transfers to progress, both the 10T ones and the tar tankers ... so I bit the bullet and started to prepare the kits I had, will need to get a few more though to complete the job

... a little bit more ordered

Here they are glued and the raised horizontal band removed from the seam as recommended by Robbie.  Next step will be to fill the gaps with plastic putty and prep them for transfers

Here are the wagon loads I bought at Model Rail - nice range of products from 10 Commandments .... what to do with the 3rd one though ....  :hmmm:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2872 on: March 10, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
I bought some ballast wagon loads from Ten Commandments and glued a small block of wood underneath so by pressing on one end the load could easily be removed. Since then, instead I've been gluing a small metal washer underneath so they can just be hoisted out with a magnet :D

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #2873 on: March 10, 2019, 10:00:26 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
    Many thanks Andrew, all is looking really excellent,& the  121 especially nice liveried.
    regards Derek.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2874 on: March 11, 2019, 06:31:45 AM »
Thank you Derek, it does look nice in that livery... I head back home from work today for a short spell at home, so will get the DCC chip fitted and give it a proper whirl.  I also need to do the same with this lovely new Pacer in Tyne & Wear Regional livery - the rule 1 backstory here is all the sumemrs I spent in Felling/Newcastle as a boy at my grandmothers and the trips we used to take on the Metro.

As is often the case in Preservation lines, old meets new!

and a middle generation thrown in for good measure

Jim Finch has had some straw bales delivered for the stables ......

And the civil engineering department have started to get into action on the viaduct across the river Osc

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #2875 on: March 11, 2019, 07:16:25 AM »
 :greatpicturessign:

If the pacer met the railtrack you would have a nice rhubarb & custard combo :claphappy:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2876 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »
Morning folks, an update from Perthshire usually means only one thing .... I am back at work!  Only a short time at home, so not much progressed on the layout....

The RTC team mobilised fully to tackle the electrical issue that was holding up normal traffic on the Strathearn Branch

After careful review of the troubleshooting by Dr Howe and his team, some wiring mods were carried out to the Hex Juicer

And it still works when powered up!

And finally traffic started moving again, but still needs careful control of the points at either end to prevent interaction with other power districts, but I have a solution I can live with at last  :beers:

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2877 on: March 23, 2019, 07:40:22 AM »
Well done andrew!  A great result.

I must say I haven't got involved with power districts.  It's something I've thought about, but not for very long.  The only disadvantage that I can see with having one DCC supply for the whole layout is that, if one train creates a short, usually at points, all the trains stop.  But, in some ways, that's desirable because I need to try to keep everything in synch, so if one stopped and all the others kept running, it could cause more problems than it solves.  Of course, there my be other advantages of creating power districts of which I am, blissfully, completely ignorant.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2878 on: March 24, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »
Further to the inaugural run on the Strathearn line yesterday, the small rake of china clay wagons was able to enter Fiddle Yard 2 (almos!)

I had kicked off an ambitious plan a few weeks back to try and complete all the wagon kits I had amassed, starting with the 10T tankers (I have just read an article on the BBC website about mastering new skills and the idea of "deliberate practice" ... so this will fall into that category!)

The PRPS Carriage & Wagon Works are in full swing now, the measure of successful completion will be once all the transfers from Robbie's Rolling Stock have been used up!

Earlier in the month, I had a conundrum over what to do with a spare JNA Falcon load I had..... the answer was obvious to the Permananet Way Gang Supervisor .... bring in another JNA Falcon!

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #2879 on: March 24, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign: & super videos Andrew, all is looking good
       regards Derek

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00