!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 194133 times)

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #2835 on: March 01, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »
Yes, you're both quite right.  It wasn't intended to be a real reversing loop, but simply a quick and dirty way to show how to connect a frog juicer to work on a reversing loop.  Apologies for the misleading diagram.  I made the quickest loop I could with SCARM and then did a screen dump into Powerpoint, before exporting it as a PNG file.  All I wanted to show was where to make the isolation gaps and where to connect the Hex Frog Juicer outputs.

Hi Lawrence.

Understood. My only concern was that if someone less experienced was to consider that a return loop for real and perhaps consider he/she needed to think about polarity change.

As you were.

Best

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.

“Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure, but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends, but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb.”

We're not crazy, or insane, we're just people living with a condition.

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #2836 on: March 02, 2019, 07:42:42 AM »
News of a potential breakthrough with the track on the Strathearn branch had not reach the boffins at RTC HQ before they had despatched another couple of units to support the ongoing efforts.

The crews involved were particularly pleased to see the pullman car "Wren" arrive, owing to the fact it has higher levels of comfort and an array of top end coffee making facilities!

The unsual freight train was seen again at Auchterarder as it prepared for it's return journey

Some additional south bound freight being added

Trainspotters were also treated to rare sight with a Virgin Trains voyager "Michael Palin" being drafted in to support stretched Scotrail Abelio services in Fife & Perthshire - Virgin trains came to the rescue of the embattled Scotrail boss after a feisty public meeting in Kirckaldy Town Hall earlier this week

Offline keithbythe sea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2837 on: March 02, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
That’s a really nice tanker (Mrs Keith approves the branding!), and the voyager is great too.

I like the plastruct job-lot too. I have a similar approach to construction with Lego with my grandchildren- “here’s a pile of assorted pieces, let’s see what we can make”.  :thumbsup:

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2838 on: March 03, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »
There has been another Aussie invasion in Perthshire (we had relatives over for 3 weeks at xmas & NY) .... this time a much more serious threat to the stress levels of the local golfers.... and more like the golf courses of Perth, WA than Perth, Ecosse!

I had a bit more of a play around with the backscene join at the bay platfrom at Muthill, toned down the clay browness in readiness for flocking

Was also playing around with ideas for the cave above Auchterarder that got inadvertently formed when I created the hill .... had an idea for a Game of Thornes-esque beast poking it's head out .... something to rival Nessie!

The backscene join with the sleeper walling in place and first layer of flock

Offline javlinfaw7

• N Gauge Society Number: 23283
    • Awards
« Reply #2839 on: March 03, 2019, 09:31:53 AM »
There has been another Aussie invasion in Perthshire (we had relatives over for 3 weeks at xmas & NY) .... this time a much more serious threat to the stress levels of the local golfers.... and more like the golf courses of Perth, WA than Perth, Ecosse!

Are you sure they are not just the Inchconnach wallabies up on holiday

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2840 on: March 03, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
 :laughabovepost:

defintely Roo's :)  (said so on the packet!)  Our visitors sent them over once they got home as a small (1:148) thank you ... though I wouldn't have thanked them if they sent some 1:1 scale animals!  You could say they would Roo the day if they did that  :)

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2841 on: March 03, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »
You could say they would Roo the day if they did that  :)
More like Roo-in the day!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #2842 on: March 03, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »
As you've got six and following the recent PO wagon theme you could call them Roo, Roo, Barney Mc Roo, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb  :D.

:-[ I'll get me Mackintosh.

Pubs open soon  :claphappy:

Cheers weave  :beers:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:25:08 AM by weave »

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2843 on: March 03, 2019, 11:27:57 AM »
you mean these guys?  :)

I'll get my sharpie  >:D

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2844 on: March 04, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »
Loco trainspotters are having a field day at the moment with the amount of rolling stock passing through from far flung magical places

Those in the PRPS with a foot further back in history have restored three tankers to a long forgotten livery from WW1 era (Anglo Persian was the forerunner to British Petroleum and Winston Churchill as First lord of the Admiralty was a major customer)

The RTC team in Perthshire, under the expert guidance of Dr Howe, have been making steady progress in addressing the track issue ... though Dr Howe, has seen his normally endless patience stretched with some of the schoolboy errors the team have been making  :-[  his tenacity is legendary though and a breakthrough is imminent

With the backscene at this end of the station almost blended in, I am turning my thoughts to ballasting, but in a change to my usual approach, I am having a go at weathering up the track a bit before ballasting

The golf course too is in line for a long overdue bit of progress, some static grass addes to the perimeter of the lift out panel

I finally got all the elements together to fit a replacement smokebox door to Fairburn 2-6-4 loco number 2691 that I bought quite a while back with this feature missing - I have had a replacement from NBrassLoco's for quite some time!

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #2845 on: March 04, 2019, 07:43:13 AM »
Thankyou for your kind comments, Andrew.  Your layout is coming on by leaps and bounds.  With some of the stock you're running, you may need the services of DOCTOR HOW from Marton Hinmarche to get it all running in the same time frame. ::)
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2846 on: March 04, 2019, 09:43:38 AM »
Loco trainspotters are having a field day at the moment with the amount of rolling stock passing through from far flung magical places

This reading from right to left malarkey is confusing the heck outta me ;)

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2847 on: March 04, 2019, 10:03:01 AM »
 :laughabovepost:

I won't say how long I deliberated over how to set up the rake  :-[  suffice to say it was a long discussion with John Smith  :beers: ... in the end I thought, well you read away from the loco at the front ......... but maybe John Smith influenced that logic  :drool:

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2848 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »
Thankyou for your kind comments, Andrew.  Your layout is coming on by leaps and bounds. 

Thanks Laurence, that might have something to do with the kangaroo invasion :)

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2849 on: March 05, 2019, 06:58:19 AM »
Lots of flocking to report today - in the station area, 1st layers of various flocks put down to connect the station to the golf course

With the surplus all hoovered up, the lift out panel at the golf course was re-instated

And a layer added along the top of the retaininng wall and platform/backscene join

At the other end, the Harburn Hamlet garden seat sits in nicely

Hoovering up reveals some patches that will be covered by the second layer

As designs are finalised for the rebranding of the Tullibardine distillery vans, the first batch were moved to the preparation area, Fairburn 2691 in plain LMS livery was on hand (complete with its new smokebox door) to marshall them.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £51.00
Below Goal: £49.00
Site Currency: GBP
51% 
October Donations

Advertise Here